Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport design package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 02:56 PM
yngfro is on a distinguished road
Sport design package

I have a 2010 Panamera TT and I am evaluating to go for the sport design package. The biggest difference is the front part and the side skirts, but he rear part doesn't look different compared to the standard (except that the standard one is not painted).

Does anyone know if the rear part is different at all or is it only a painted version of the standard type?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
The rear diffuser is the same. It's just painted.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
sport design package and a dark color= not worth it.
SDP+light color=money well spent.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kip
sport design package and a dark color= not worth it.
SDP+light color=money well spent.
Totally agree. I have it on my Basalt Black Metallic and it barely visible. This was the only color in dealer stock on the west coast which had all the packages that I wanted. Planning to do a white wrap soon.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I'd say the Sport Design package is a necessity on any color. The std front end just looks way too tame, and those small little vents on either side don't help matters! Sure I think the SDP is over-priced...but...if you own the car for 5-10 yrs you'll be glad you did it.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Originally Posted by chance6
I'd say the Sport Design package is a necessity on any color. The std front end just looks way too tame, and those small little vents on either side don't help matters! Sure I think the SDP is over-priced...but...if you own the car for 5-10 yrs you'll be glad you did it.
+1. Love the sport design on my dark blue car.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Had it on my black PTT and I got compliments all of the time that it was the best looking Panny most had ever seen.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
I must agree with you all, the sport pack looks amazing. In my opinion it looks much better with the package.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
I have black, I have it, I would not own any Panny without it. It costs stupid money, but when buying a car for this much, what is another $5,500 for something you really like.

Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by yngfro
I have a 2010 Panamera TT and I am evaluating to go for the sport design package. The biggest difference is the front part and the side skirts, but he rear part doesn't look different compared to the standard (except that the standard one is not painted).

Does anyone know if the rear part is different at all or is it only a painted version of the standard type?
Can you get just the front bumper from a vendor?

If I were the op. I would consider how long you planned on keeping the car. You will never get any money out of the package IMO.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Can you get just the front bumper from a vendor?

If I were the op. I would consider how long you planned on keeping the car. You will never get any money out of the package IMO.
Agreed - but if you are worried about getting your money out of the package you are probably shopping for the wrong car. When you go to sell it you will most likey spend less time looking for a buyer, as it is a better looking car. If you always trade in, you are correct you will get no value for it.

All the big expensive luxury/luxury-sport sedans take "mega" depreciation hits. So you gotta ask yourself is it worth it to take the hit? To date I have found my PTT to be a very satisfying car to own. Because I checked all the boxes I wanted and it is exactly the way I wanted it I am likely to keep it for 5 years or so.

To that end the real bargains today are the "slightly" used Turbo S's that are on the market with less than 10k miles and at $30k - $50k less than their MSRP! Now those are the cars I would be looking at if I wanted the Sport Package. Maybe next April or May you will see the GTS that is not the new thing anymore available at a discount as well.

I only think about value the day I buy and the day I sell. In between I am a happy man !

Old 12-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Anyone saw this color before? It has the sport package and looks very nice. On the USA site when I go to build your own I'm not sure if it is the same color listed with the "custom colors"

Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
vigoureux is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=N91K;3706053]Anyone saw this color before? It has the sport package and looks very nice. On the USA site when I go to build your own I'm not sure if it is the same color listed with the "custom colors"

This one seems a US spec car from the yellow markers on the front bumper. So it probably is the color u mentioned. And it looks very cool with the sport design pack. I'd get it.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
I would too BUT it costs around 10K USD!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM
GetAnne is on a distinguished road
I'm actually considering getting the sport package myself. My Panamera (white) is a 2011 and I live in Houston where the car is parked outside (high humidity and heat). Wondering if the paint will match up afterwards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport design package