Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V1 Install Done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Smile V1 Install Done

Gents - take a look, I had the V1 etched into my rear view mirror. It's wicked cool! There's a shop in NY called Technik1 that I've been using for about 3 years, they do fantastic work!

I've been eyeing the V1 installs for a while and finally pulled the trigger! I also took a shot of the interior console for anyone interested.

Cheers,

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1143.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	298477   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	298478  
Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
The installed the controller on the steering stalk, very discretely tucked in and the speaker is just behind the overhead console. The other sensors are tucked in the headliner.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:15 PM
CrockettHood is on a distinguished road
Very nice! PM sent

Old 11-12-2013, 06:51 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I like the way these built in v1's look but I just can't understand how mounting the sensors in the headliner where they have to shoot through a steel roof to pick up any signals works effectively. Part of why valentine recommends mounting the v1 high on the windshield is so it can read laser/radar through the windows of cars in front of you - if the sensor has to shoot through steel how effective is it?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Actually, it doesn't shoot through the steel. It shoots through the front and and rear windows. What they do is mount it under the headliner but behind the front and rear window. If you notice, there is the tinted glass at the top of the front and rear windows.

I had the V1 mounted on suctions with my Cayenne and it feels the same as it did before so I'm very excited. Also, they take apart the V1 housing and use the actually component parts so it's not like they are tucking in the actual V1 factory housing.

The struggle I had was paying so much money for this car and mounting the radar on the windshield, just looked too cheap. Now its got a complete factory look!

Old 11-12-2013, 09:25 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Did Technik1 install your V1 and did they modify your OE mirror?

Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 AM
MZ - yes, they installed the V1 and did the mirror etch. They do everything on site in NYC. I had them do the V1 and a clear bra redo, they had it done in two days. I've been using them for the last 3 years and can't say enough good things!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:39 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Any pics of where the internals are installed and what they look like?

Originally Posted by Gelmachine
Actually, it doesn't shoot through the steel. It shoots through the front and and rear windows. What they do is mount it under the headliner but behind the front and rear window. If you notice, there is the tinted glass at the top of the front and rear windows.

I had the V1 mounted on suctions with my Cayenne and it feels the same as it did before so I'm very excited. Also, they take apart the V1 housing and use the actually component parts so it's not like they are tucking in the actual V1 factory housing.

The struggle I had was paying so much money for this car and mounting the radar on the windshield, just looked too cheap. Now its got a complete factory look!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Gents - take a look, I had the V1 etched into my rear view mirror. It's wicked cool! There's a shop in NY called Technik1 that I've been using for about 3 years, they do fantastic work!

I've been eyeing the V1 installs for a while and finally pulled the trigger! I also took a shot of the interior console for anyone interested.

Cheers,
nice, did the same thing with my Passport, cool and stealth, congrats
Passport had the mirror already done, you just send them yours in exchange (plus $500)

Last edited by tom kerr; 11-12-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
personally i would opt for a 9500ci if going with an install. it offers laser jamming which is what most cops are using on freeways now.

v1 has superior radar, but that's a dying technology.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:34 AM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
would this setup work with the dual pane heat/noise reducing windshield? if so, i'd be interested in getting a V1 installed on mine. the dual pane glass is killing all the radar signal, even when i try to place it as high as possible near the small single-pane opening.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:06 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turban
The ZR4 laser shifters are the least effective laser shifters currently available. They use LED technology which is outdated. The better laser jammers utilize laser diodes. The Blinder HP-905 and the AntiLaser Priority both utilize laser diode technology.
thats all true but the V-1 has NO jammer and the Passport has one that is on the road near as good as any and it is all one unit

yes a combination of V-1 and best jammer in the world is better than a Passport and most of us all did this drill and threads ad nauseum, however best total install IMHO is the Passport

don't think the OP was trying to compare detectors was just showing his cool set up and it is.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Tom - you're right, I wasn't trying to debate detectors. My installer actually pairs up the V1 with a separate laser shifter in the front and back. I actually don't drive that fast, I just thought it was cool as hell and I had a V1 so why not!!!

I just like gadgets!

Old 11-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Tom - you're right, I wasn't trying to debate detectors. My installer actually pairs up the V1 with a separate laser shifter in the front and back. I actually don't drive that fast, I just thought it was cool as hell and I had a V1 so why not!!!

I just like gadgets!
As do we all!!

Old 11-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by asfwp
would this setup work with the dual pane heat/noise reducing windshield? if so, i'd be interested in getting a V1 installed on mine. the dual pane glass is killing all the radar signal, even when i try to place it as high as possible near the small single-pane opening.
the installed models sensors are in the bumper so would be ok for you

I have the thermal windows also and there is (on mine) clearly a square of single pane on either side of the rear view mirror, my surpass works there as well as a radar detector, so that also should be ok for you?