Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelins - PS2 or PSS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Correct...I have unfort had pirelli's as the OEM set on my last three porsches, and it was always the same experience. The integrity of the "sidewalls" just never felt completely stable and predictable to me. O_ne day, they would drive OK, depending on the temps outside, and the next,they would exhibit that squirrelly feeling that you describe. Under hard driving, they never actually broke the rear end loose, but they were not confidence inspiring. as soon as I burned through the rears, I replaced with the Michelin's, and it was like I had a completely different car. Luckily, my GTS is all wheel drive, so at 10K miles, all four are almost all at the wear bars, so next week, I am getting PSS' installed....yahoo!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:01 AM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
That's the word! Squirrelly. It's like a left/right slight jag back and forth amongst many other crappy attributes.

Thanks Cole!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
Just got price of 1700 installed, balanced, all 4, n0. Is that acceptable?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
What mode Are You Talking about, c, s or s+? Tire balance affects steering wheel vibration around 100kph. Are Your Tire screws tight? Doesnt sound right To me.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 AM
C mode I feel the bouncing at 45-75 and higher. Sport is about same. S+ is obviously a little harsher. This isn't so much a balance issue in my opinion as something else. Balance issues are usually a rhythmic bounce that repeats continuously at speeds. This is more of just short bounces as if I'm riding over large egg rocks but not necessarily consistent. I feel it in chassis but my steering wheel or seat. It's whole car.

Just got call from tire guy. Can't find N0. Called michelin and got part #'s. He will order and let me know. Also called Costco with part #'s and they aren't available to them so they say. This is gonna be fun. By the way, even my dealer told me Wednesday they haven't installed a set of PSS yet. Odd.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:00 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wassy
Assuming you are talking about 20" - this is a good deal. Not sure for 19". I paid $1836 OTD with tire replacement warranty from America's tire for mine in January. They are 20" - 255/40/20 and 295/35/20.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:08 PM
Yes they are 20". However I got a call from tire shop. N0 nowhere to be found except for somewhere in Wisconsin. Said would have here late next week if I decide to order. I'm going to attempt to have dealer repair car one more time for all the noises and then go from there.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:39 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
C mode I feel the bouncing at 45-75 and higher. Sport is about same. S+ is obviously a little harsher. This isn't so much a balance issue in my opinion as something else. Balance issues are usually a rhythmic bounce that repeats continuously at speeds. This is more of just short bounces as if I'm riding over large egg rocks but not necessarily consistent. I feel it in chassis but my steering wheel or seat. It's whole car.

Just got call from tire guy. Can't find N0. Called michelin and got part #'s. He will order and let me know. Also called Costco with part #'s and they aren't available to them so they say. This is gonna be fun. By the way, even my dealer told me Wednesday they haven't installed a set of PSS yet. Odd.
I still think its unusual. I have had Pirellis on 911 Turbos without issue. My winter wheels are pirelli sottozero and they should be even softer, but no such behavior as you described. Maybe your tires are at their end.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Perhaps! If I ran it hard I would agree but it is driven like a grandma (no flaming please). Maybe there are manufacturing issues with tires. I'm quite sure if new Pzero's went on, it would be better for a little while.

I sent dealer a long detailed email with all my issues including what they recently failed To resolve. Let's see what their response is.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:49 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
wow...that's a phenomenal deal!

Old 02-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Tripleblack will become famous soon enoughTripleblack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cole328
Are you on the stock 20's? If so, what cold tire pressures have you found give you the best all around handling on the PSS? Also, what model panny are you in?
I have a 2010 S on 20" Panamera sport wheels. I run 42/38.