Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelins - PS2 or PSS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Michelins - PS2 or PSS

Gents/....I am about to pull the trigger on some new rubber for my car, and yahoo, the dreaded Pirelli's are almost gone.

I am definitely going to go with a Michelin brand, but am curious for those that have switched or that knowledge, whether I should go with the PS2's or the PSS?

I am sure either would be good, and ironically, the PSS' are a tad less expensive. I appreciate any insight that anyone has.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 AM
CrockettHood is on a distinguished road
I vote Super Sports. I recently switched from the Pirelli's and there is quite a noticeable improvement in every category.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:09 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you for the quick reply.. I am leaning that way as well (based on what I read). Did you find you had to make a noticeable change to the cold Tire Pressure with the quality rubber? I have been running 41/41 cold on the Pirelli's, and generally, the car feels good (or as good as it can). I am thinking given the better quality sidewall on the Michelin's, 39 or 40 all around will likely suffice, since they should be much better handling tires.

Also, given very spirited driving on this car, coupled with the AWD on the GTS, I assume we are still only looking at around 10-12K miles per set (at best). The Pirelli's have survived until 10K so far, but are almost below the tread bars

Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 AM
I have been running 39/41. Seems to be working out quite well. The handling with this tire compared to the Pirelli is much improved. I could tell immediately. I am hoping to get 15K out of these. I was told by the dealer they can be rotated side to side which may help a bit.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 AM
OK...sweet. I am in love with this car, even on the Pirelli's....so very excited to see how she behaves with the new shoes. Like you, I am likely to bite the bullet and support my dealership and have them installed there. once I factored in shipping from Tire Rack, they were only around $125 more expensive on the whole set, so seems completely worth it

Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 AM
A lot of times the dealer will match local tire places on tires. So it may be worth it to check around locally and see what you find. They don't typically match internet prices from my experience though. If you have Discount Tire in your area I recommend getting a quote from them to show the dealer. Might save a couple hundred bucks.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:54 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
my friend switched from ps2 to pss and is says the pss are much better. I'll be using the pss next time i need rubber.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Pss. I am not fan of ps2

As for tire pressure, Michelin tires have softer ride so I am not sure is less air is warranted. If less pressure, you can damage the rim on potholes.

Pss strength is in traction across all temperatures and surfaces. It performs well on dry wet roads on hot tracks and cold mountains.

They are cheaper since they r made in USA instead of Europe.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buzzm
my friend switched from ps2 to pss and is says the pss are much better. I'll be using the pss next time i need rubber.
I would like to go to PSS but I'm very confused as to whether or not it's possible with the PSM. The sizes don't seem to be right for 19's.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:16 PM
they are readily available in the OEM 20" size, so I would assume the 19's would be a no brainer have you checked Tire Rack?

Old 01-20-2014, 06:42 PM
ck_pana is on a distinguished road
My friends who have M3s say they switched from PS2s to PSSs. I'm going that way after I get ride of the Pirellis!

Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Btw, shop new tires on eBay. No tax and price is better than tire rack.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I didn't know there are pss N0 marked, because I only use N0. Don't know if it matters, but if you have suspension etc issues, they may blame a tire that is not N0. This is why I went for PS2 again. Won't take a chance with warranty, and Porsche doesn't sell pss N0. Also Michelin homepage found no pss for mycar.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:49 AM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kip
I didn't know there are pss N0 marked, because I only use N0. Don't know if it matters, but if you have suspension etc issues, they may blame a tire that is not N0. This is why I went for PS2 again. Won't take a chance with warranty, and Porsche doesn't sell pss N0. Also Michelin homepage found no pss for mycar.
PSS N0 was released last summer along with MY14.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:26 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for info, Porsche Still doesnt sell Them as packages sadly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Michelins - PS2 or PSS