Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911gts or ptt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:05 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
991 tts

Originally Posted by panameraph
991 turbo is ultimate dream car.. .but it seems a bit too aggressive for me...

now knowing most u guys are so happy with the panny, as much as 911, I think the choice for me now becomes easier... to upgrade to another panny.. although psychologically it seems paying for something 'similar', I am sure it's the most practical and regretless choice..
Have had my '15 991 TTS since mid-July and after 5000 miles can say that it is as docile or as aggressive as one could want on public roads. I drive in in Sport most of the time, but in normal mode it is relatively tame, even with PDCC selected. Sport Plus unleashes the beast and is primarily for the track. FWIW, I am considering replacing my A8 with a PGTS, for as addictive as turbo thrust can be for its teleportation at legal speeds, the GTS offers everything I need for daily driving. I have considered the S8, which is straightline fast as any sedan, including the PTTS, but just cannot match the handling of the the PGTS.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
I did not mean to imply that they are near equal in what hey can do. I was trying to say that they are both fun to drive. Each has their own way of making me smile. The 911 is great fun to drive hard and with the top down Otis a great GT car. The Panamera has a great smooth comfortable power that I also like but in a different way.

Hope this clarifies what I tried to say before. I will also say if I could only choose one it would be the 911 but I don't have kids so I don't have to consider that issue.