Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Panamera 3,6 problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:23 AM
Goonie is on a distinguished road
My turbo makes a whining sound at high rpm gear changes. It's not the turbos. It's coming from the tranny. I think it's normal and sounds pretty cool. lol

Old 06-13-2016, 04:52 AM
never674 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Goonie
My turbo makes a whining sound at high rpm gear changes. It's not the turbos. It's coming from the tranny. I think it's normal and sounds pretty cool. lol
Haha. Its not about the sound, i was thinking anything is wrong with he car lol

Old 06-13-2016, 09:53 AM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
The sound is like a high frequncy whistle and sucking sound at around 5000rpm .
My 2012 P4 has made that sound at high rpm when totally warmed up, I usually do not drive that hard so only heard it that once, but I was on a spirited road rally with other Porsches and hit red line several times but heard it only that one time and my wife was with and she heard it. I have no idea what it was.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:02 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Is the dual clutch shifting sound , its the same with other cars dualclutch-es trans.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:22 AM
Is the dual clutch shifting sound , its the same with other cars dualclutch-es trans.
Do you know any about my other issue? My car is vibrating when it stands still and the rpm is dropping a very bit

Old 06-13-2016, 10:44 AM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by never674
Do you know any about my other issue? My car is vibrating when it stands still and the rpm is dropping a very bit
This is normal engine vibrations. Most V6 engines are designed with a 60 degree angle between the piston banks as this design has less vibrations and all V8 engines are 90 degree designs for less vibrations. Porsche has taken a V8 design and shortened the block by 2 cylinders and added a balance shaft to try to counter the vibrations that appear due to the 90 degree angle. It does not smooth the engine vibrations 100%. Porsche figured not to be selling a lot of V6 engines so they did not design an entirely new engine as that would be cost prohibitive.

The engine rpm maybe dropping as the air conditioner compressor is cycling on and off which is normal behavior.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by 2thfxr
This is normal engine vibrations. Most V6 engines are designed with a 60 degree angle between the piston banks as this design has less vibrations and all V8 engines are 90 degree designs for less vibrations. Porsche has taken a V8 design and shortened the block by 2 cylinders and added a balance shaft to try to counter the vibrations that appear due to the 90 degree angle. It does not smooth the engine vibrations 100%. Porsche figured not to be selling a lot of V6 engines so they did not design an entirely new engine as that would be cost prohibitive.

The engine rpm maybe dropping as the air conditioner compressor is cycling on and off which is normal behavior.
Also with A/C off is making the same... The problem is the chair is also vibrating... I dont know if its normal...

Old 06-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by 2thfxr

Another issue lol... I was in the parking and i putted from D in R and i got an error like "transmission error" and the car was not driving anymore... I started the car again and it worked... It is neccesary to change the gear oil or what can be the problem? I'm very dissappointed.. 1 week i have the car now and i had 3 issues...

Old 06-15-2016, 01:50 PM
15PGTS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by never674
Another issue lol... I was in the parking and i putted from D in R and i got an error like "transmission error" and the car was not driving anymore... I started the car again and it worked... It is neccesary to change the gear oil or what can be the problem? I'm very dissappointed.. 1 week i have the car now and i had 3 issues...
what year is your Panamera?

Old 06-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by 15pgts
what year is your panamera?
2011 140.000km

Old 06-16-2016, 04:19 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
maybe things are different in Romania but why not bring the car back to be fixed if you just bought it?
anyway if that s not possible try to do the throttle reset which may help with the idle issue. Mine idles at about 850.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tle-reset.html

Old 06-16-2016, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
maybe things are different in Romania but why not bring the car back to be fixed if you just bought it?
anyway if that s not possible try to do the throttle reset which may help with the idle issue. Mine idles at about 850.
I bought it from Private seller so... I have appointment at Porsche next week so we'll see how much money they will shake from my pocket for this thing

Old 06-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I arrived today at the Porsche Center about my vibrate issue and they said this: the pdk gear got some problem. I have to leave the car 2-3 days to see if they repair this issue, but if they cant fix it then the gear has to be changed LOL. Very dissapointed about my first Porsche. Btw the gear oil was changed 15.000 km ago and they said me that 1.000km after oil changing the car was at the dealer with this problem(who had the car before) , so I think this problem appeared after gear oil changing.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:17 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Are you changing the transmission only because sometimes it makes the whistle sound ? What vibration ? All the things you said I have them present in my panamera Turbo. Whistle sound is normal in all dual clutch cars , vibration and rpm droping is also common from AC , dirty maff and other issues . The message that you got from moving from D to R could be a tcu unit problem )!? Maybe you didnt pres the brake and the buton behind the shifting gear ?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Are you changing the transmission only because sometimes it makes the whistle sound ? What vibration ? All the things you said I have them present in my panamera Turbo. Whistle sound is normal in all dual clutch cars , vibration and rpm droping is also common from AC , dirty maff and other issues . The message that you got from moving from D to R could be a tcu unit problem )!? Maybe you didnt pres the brake and the buton behind the shifting gear ?
No, not because the sound. I got actually a vibration in the car, the chairs are vibrating and the RPM is dropping a very bit, they say they have to try to fix it and if they dont succeed then the transmission have to be changed ...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Panamera 3,6 problem