Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Panamera 3,6 problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:33 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Remove throttlebody and maf and clean it if rpms drop.
My car shakes too , rpms drops and jump hard , from 500rpm to 2000rpm . These goes on for 2 years now and the car runs fine so dont worry

Old 06-23-2016, 01:54 PM
never674 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Remove throttlebody and maf and clean it if rpms drop.
My car shakes too , rpms drops and jump hard , from 500rpm to 2000rpm . These goes on for 2 years now and the car runs fine so dont worry
How is that? From 500 to 2000 ? Cant imagine that. I will go back to the Porsche Centrum and see what they say... At me when I stop at red light then it makes like it will stop engine... Then is dropping RPM

Old 06-23-2016, 02:51 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by never674
How is that? From 500 to 2000 ? Cant imagine that. I will go back to the Porsche Centrum and see what they say... At me when I stop at red light then it makes like it will stop engine... Then is dropping RPM
Yes same as me . At stop light rpms drop to 500rpm , but sometimes it will jump for a moment too . Its normal , just clean maff

Old 06-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Yes same as me . At stop light rpms drop to 500rpm , but sometimes it will jump for a moment too . Its normal , just clean maff
What means Maff? Did u cleaned it and after that dissapeard? Or do you still have the problem? They said one clutch from the 2 is not working and that should be the problem...

Old 06-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Maff is the sensor attached to the y-pipe attached to the manifold , it calculates the mass of air entering the engine . From time to time you need to open the y-pipe to clean it , clean the sensor and even the heads below the manifold from the carbon residue .

Pdk has one big mass of clutch , not two . There are two rows of gears , 1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6

Old 06-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Maff is the sensor attached to the y-pipe attached to the manifold , it calculates the mass of air entering the engine . From time to time you need to open the y-pipe to clean it , clean the sensor and even the heads below the manifold from the carbon residue .

Pdk has one big mass of clutch , not two . There are two rows of gears , 1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6
I will tell them to do it... They said its double clutch

Old 06-24-2016, 01:14 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
It would be smart to clean the MAF sensor before replacing a transmission, I doubt the transmission is whats making the RPM drop. And the seats certainly would vibrate when the RPM drops below a smooth level. I hate to see a simple problem be turned into a large repair. All of these symptoms are probably related to one thing. And if you have to direct the dealer to fix this without jumping to the largest repair first I would find another dealer. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
It would be smart to clean the MAF sensor before replacing a transmission, I doubt the transmission is whats making the RPM drop. And the seats certainly would vibrate when the RPM drops below a smooth level. I hate to see a simple problem be turned into a large repair. All of these symptoms are probably related to one thing. And if you have to direct the dealer to fix this without jumping to the largest repair first I would find another dealer. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Well, after saying that to me that i probably have to change transmission I assure you i won't go back to that dealer. I made another apointment at other dealer and i'll see what will happen. But i noticed that the transmission is not working so smooth anymore. I am sure there is anything not ok.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:32 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Well, after saying that to me that i probably have to change transmission I assure you i won't go back to that dealer. I made another apointment at other dealer and i'll see what will happen. But i noticed that the transmission is not working so smooth anymore. I am sure there is anything not ok.

I would bet money that it is not a big issue once identified.
It stinks that you are not enjoying the car while you worry about this issue.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Bro , pdk isnt that smooth ,it is very jerky . It will make all kind of noises and it seems like its failing , but my car is pushing 630hp and near 900Nm , counteless of races , highway ride at 275km/h+ , launch controls and its still works fine. From day one , my mechanic testdrove it and he said pdk have somekind of shakes when coming to a redlight , but clutch realerning from dealer fix it from time to time.
For the transmission you need to do a clutch relearn and maybe dealer should have done it when changing the oil .
The rpm jumps can be fixed by cleaning maf , y-pipe , filter and carbon residue in the heads below the intake manifold .

Old 06-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Bro , pdk isnt that smooth ,it is very jerky . It will make all kind of noises and it seems like its failing , but my car is pushing 630hp and near 900Nm , counteless of races , highway ride at 275km/h+ , launch controls and its still works fine. From day one , my mechanic testdrove it and he said pdk have somekind of shakes when coming to a redlight , but clutch realerning from dealer fix it from time to time.
For the transmission you need to do a clutch relearn and maybe dealer should have done it when changing the oil .
The rpm jumps can be fixed by cleaning maf , y-pipe , filter and carbon residue in the heads below the intake manifold .
I understand, thanks for the help, well, i have to wait till i get to dealer and see what they can do. I hope will not be a big deal, very bad that i have the car now for 2 weeks and cant enjoy everyday driving. I almost love the car...

Old 06-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I would bet money that it is not a big issue once identified.
It stinks that you are not enjoying the car while you worry about this issue.
Thanks for your answers bro, i appreciate that... We'll stay in touch

Old 11-07-2018, 08:47 AM
mongo747 is an unknown quantity at this point
No, not because the sound. I got actually a vibration in the car, the chairs are vibrating and the RPM is dropping a very bit, they say they have to try to fix it and if they dont succeed then the transmission have to be changed ...lol
Having similar problem, they say trans mount is torn. Did you ever get this resolved? I desperately need to know, thanks

Old 11-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Hi! I didn’t solve the problem.. I sold the car 2 years ago , im sorry.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:32 AM
Yankee is on a distinguished road
The whistle sound you are experiencing could be the one coming from the rear due to the air turbulence. The older models have that. My 2012 does. Its not RPM related but comes at certain speed and air conditions outside. Although it sounds like its coming from the front it actually is in the back. Have someone sit in the back and hold one end of the tube to their ear and the other close to the top center of the rear door where it meets the roof. There is a thread out here on this. Some adjustment to the rear door addresses it. I have learned to ignore it. Hope thats the issues and not a transmission problem.