Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any negotiating room on 2017 Panameras?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 06:40 PM
chi4s is on a distinguished road
Any negotiating room on 2017 Panameras?

Thinking of purchasing a new 2017 Panamera and assuming I have no negotiation leverage on the sale price since they are just rolling out. Anyone have experience with this? Is MSRP the best I can expect?? Thanks!

Old 04-18-2017, 08:30 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
I would imagine you could negotiate a 4-5% discount off list.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
My dealer says no but on the other hand the 2018 model year is coming soon.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
You won't get a penny off

Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 PM
David23 is an unknown quantity at this point
My dealer wouldn't budge on MSRP for my 2018 4s order. I did get them to throw in the 2nd annual service for free.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by David23
My dealer wouldn't budge on MSRP for my 2018 4s order. I did get them to throw in the 2nd annual service for free.
2nd year gonna come around and the dealer gonna be like "who is you?"

Old 04-24-2017, 04:47 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by David23

I'm sorry but that's an absolute shame. I'd be thinking about walking out the door. It's not a GT3. These Panameras, and believe me they're great cars, but upwards of $130k-$140k for a 4S with no discount??

You're liable to get nice discounts on the ones that sit in the showroom (4S or Turbo) toward the end of the year when they realize most folks aren't going to put up with paying MSRP- by then they'll be knocking $20k off to push them out.

Look I think the new Pannys look nice, but to be honest the older ones look hot too with the right wheel combo.

As a point of reference I got a 2014 new PTT and bought near the end of 2014 and got $30k off.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
^^ I'm with him. I'll grab one when they get desperate to move them. Bad enough thier residuals aren't great and you can't swap out of the lease if you get bored..

Old 04-25-2017, 06:19 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
It is frustrating that they won't negotiate much, I was able to get a small discount on a 2018 Sport Turismo Turbo. With all the options available on these, the real question is will you be able to find one equipped the way you would build it. The answer is probably no, and even if you save $20k, you're still spending $180k on a car that isn't exactly what you want which to me is somewhat foolish.
Also if you're looking for a deal the values on the older ones tanked as soon as the new model came out, you could probably find a new 2016 turbo and negotiate $50k off.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:47 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
All valid points.. Ultimately, it's the price of admission when it comes to Porsche.. Which keeps the brand from getting diluted. Gotta pay to play. At this point in my life. If I can't negotiate a comfortable price on a turbo. I'll look at other brands.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:49 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
All valid points.. Ultimately, it's the price of admission when it comes to Porsche.. Which keeps the brand from getting diluted. Gotta pay to play. At this point in my life. If I can't negotiate a comfortable price on a turbo. I'll look at other brands.
From my perspective, I would never pay MSRP close to end of model year because the depreciation will be massive. Paying MSRP at the start of the model year is still expensive but not as jarring.

So if anything wait for the 2018 which will be out in August or September (they told me this) and at that point you either get a slower depreciation curve from MSRP, or you will get a new 2017 for >10% off.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:02 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you thought about calling nationwide to various states and dealers to check prices and discounts?

Old 05-03-2017, 12:47 PM
drviperdds is on a distinguished road
I was at my dealer's unveiling last month and was wondering the same thing. The dealers are wanting cars which were supposed to be sold and start selling in the last quarter of 2016 at MRSP in 2017. What a joke this is. At this point I would rather just wait for the 18's to come and paid MRSP on those.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:51 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
I haven't done any serious shopping yet, but a dealer near me on their website has Panameras with the MSRP listed with a line through it and then a button to "reguest eprice". I haven't hit that button, but presumably they are discounting something off the list price.

They have 10 new Panameras listed and all of them have the same line through the MSRP.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:17 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Mannnnn if you wanted a new 2016 Turbo, Turbo S, or GTS, now would be the time to strike!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.