Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Panamera Turbo vs 2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 08:33 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
2011 Panamera Turbo vs 2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport

I have been looking at changing my Cayenne TT for something newer/faster.
Have been looking at the Panamera turbo. However recently, with wife advice, started looking at the Maserati GranTurismo Sport.
My initial impression is looks awesome, performance pretty good.

Wanted to hear from others, what you think of this match up, and what you would select and why.
How is Maserati reliability and difficulty factor to do DIY stuff
How is Maserati general maintenance profile (easy to do, expensive, dealer involved, especially more expensive items).

Starting to be torn between the two. Want something unique, fast with more than 2 seats. Something that is reliable too.

Thanks.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:48 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
any input would be awesome

Old 03-08-2018, 11:18 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
I can only tell you that I was making that decision 5 years ago when I ended up getting a GTS. I always liked Maserati and looked forward to getting one but I wasn't super impressed with the interior and I was cramped in the back seat. The GTS rear seats are so good that I'm just as happy sitting in the back of the GTS as the front when I'm a passenger.

Maybe I should have driven the Maserati but it didn't make me want to. It didn't take me any time at all to prefer the GTS and I never looked back (although I saw a sweet black Maserati at a restaurant tonight).

I look at people's lists of their current and past vehicles and I don't recall seeing more than a couple (if that) Maseratis there. I don't know if that means anything.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Watch Doug Demuro's reviews of Maseratis. Take a closer look at the Ghibli, I will say I was disappointed as the car look and sounded nice but everything else is subpar at best.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsq..._vmTNqg/videos

Old 03-09-2018, 09:41 AM
The only one I am considering now is the 2013 or 2014 Maserati GranTurismo Sport.
I did see pics of inside and do find the electronics cluster dated compared to the panameras of similar years.
Same goes with seats. Found them nice but nothing struck me.

I am not a proponent of 4 seaters with 2 doors (one has to get out to allow someone in the back).

Yet, I do find the exterior very nice compared to panamera. More edgy and eye catching.
I know from research that Maserati is much less owned car due to smaller production. More exclusive, maybe.

At same time, i cannot seem to get passed the mediocre performance of the Maserati compared to the Panamera turbo. We are talking 4.7s vs 3.5s 0-60.
I totally blame wife for being in this situation.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Wish my wife would give me suggestions like that when car shopping. =)

While I do agree with the exterior look is better with the Maserati GTS I think the Panamera (im a little biased) gets the thumbs up on every other category.

Regardless, happy car shopping!

Old 03-09-2018, 11:48 PM
damn wives

Old 03-10-2018, 11:34 AM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
check out the April Consumer Reports that just came out, Maserati Brand reliability is not good on the 2 cars listed. But then the Cayenne is listed as very unreliable.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Skeme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have both a 2014 GT and a 2011 Pan. They are each so different...The GT is a fun car to drive and looks sexy but the interior is just blah. The electronics on the dash are so outdated that my 2007 Audi S6 feels so modern.
Ultimately, I prefer my Pan because of the interior space and updated interior.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:51 PM
I seem to have the same impression about the interior. On the exterior side ice at the Maserati looks more stylish and eye-catching. On the power side. Panamera Turbo would probably blow it away. I really appreciate your input. I'm kind of thinking trending towards Panamera back again with eventual return to Maserati several years later when I am like 50 or something like that. Then, I would be ready for a ni e chill ride. Great stuff. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Nice cars skeme3!

Old 03-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Skeme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you! GTS where are you located?

Old 03-12-2018, 03:40 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
You buy the Panamera with your head and the Gran Turismo with your heart.

Sorry, I know I am of no help.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Skeme3
Thank you! GTS where are you located?
Bergen County NJ very near New York City. Looking to set up a Panamera meet in the tristate when the weather gets warmer.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:51 PM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Count me in.
Looks like my GTS in Carmine red is the same as yours. I'm on Long Island, used to work in Saddle Brook.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Panamera Turbo vs 2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport