Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chassis system failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 01:39 PM
bahaaqadan is an unknown quantity at this point
Chassis system failure

please help , so far I changed the valve block control and new battery , but still have this sign ? With chassis system failure .

Old 09-25-2018, 09:39 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Chassis system failure means one or more of your components of your air suspension has been detected not to work properly, and the car has disabled the suspension manipulation. Means that sport or sport plus mode wont work, shock stiffness changes wont work, suspension raise/lower wont work, auto stop will not work, I believe there are other errors you will see related to PASM, leveling and suspension if you get this error.
You should go read my Air suspension information thread as a first step.
Then ask more questions.

Could be related to level sensors on each upper control arm, sensors inside the center of each air shock, power connectors next to each air line at each shock, air compressor failure, valve block failure, air compressor relay failure, ECU failure. Or a combination of more than one of these.
Read above, analyze your system to assess what state your suspension is in (high, low, slammed down, front only, rear only, all sides, some corners not same height, can raise, cannot raise, no buttons lit, some buttons lit.
All that stuff matters. You should turn your car on, make sure all doors are closed, open front window all way down, reach in and press the raise button for about 12 seconds. This ensures your suspension is enabled (you will see message on multi function display). Once you know suspension enabled, go to back of car, by passenger side muffler. Lean down and should hear humming of the air compressor. If you do not hear compressor kicking in at all, chances are it is fried. If you replace compressor (some have success reconditioning it with a kit), you must replace relay too.
Once you know what component

Update us so folks can track progress and can get resolution if they encounter similar issue.

Thank you.

Last edited by ciaka; 09-26-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:13 PM
Registered PM
John Perata is on a distinguished road
Question me also

Originally Posted by bahaaqadan
please help , so far I changed the valve block control and new battery , but still have this sign ? With chassis system failure .
Hi my 2011 cayenne s just a little over 95K week late dec I got same message, and my IPB garage is hard to get in rote them today with pic, i,m worried as I know those air shocks have to be $$$$$$$ light does not stay on and has not come om again but!!!! i,m hoping for little to fix

Old 01-05-2022, 02:54 PM
JPhi1618 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by John Perata
Hi my 2011 cayenne s just a little over 95K week late dec I got same message, and my IPB garage is hard to get in rote them today with pic, i,m worried as I know those air shocks have to be $$$$$$$ light does not stay on and has not come om again but!!!! i,m hoping for little to fix
Did you read the article that ciaka linked to in the message above yours? Also, you're bringing back a very old thread and this is the Panamera forum. Much of the suspension is similar, but you need to do the research on reading some of the articles or search first. Its a common question.

Old 01-05-2022, 05:19 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
It will be very difficult to pd any suspension without piwis2 or durametric, etc. Without diagnostics you are doing trial and error. We won't be able to tell for sure
read my thread which includes diagnosing info. It may help. Thanks.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:19 PM
jzchen will become famous soon enough
Look into Arnott and Rock Auto for parts...