Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension level button stuck in first mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 03:00 PM
panamera_lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Suspension level button stuck in first mode

My Friends Panamera Air Suspension level button is stuck in first mode the car airbags have no leaks , the compressor works but it doesnt allow him to press the high mode or go into second mode , he cant even go back in to comfort mode . Any ideas on whats causing this , we notice that the car would lower and then go back up ‘ weird not in a leaking kind of way because we checked all 4 bags no leaks at all no leaks from compressor nor the tank . Any thoughts on the cause will help , possibly relay ? Suspension module anything helps .. thanks

Old 09-01-2018, 08:05 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
'First' mode is called sport mode shocks. The button makes shocks set to setting they would be in sport mode.
No lights = comfort
1 light = sport
2 lights = sport + mode

If car does not want to change shocks mode something is not letting detect button change or not letting valves open to let air out, or not letting change because car would not be able to change modes because of low pressure in air suspension system.
That's why you need to make sure front shocks not leaking and compressor works (at least is running).
You can try to press sport or sport + buttons to see if car changes settings after you turn mode off.

Press raise suspension and hold for 15 seconds to see if you can turn off the suspension. if can, turn it off then on. Then press the button again to see if you can go to sport plus mode or not, or if you can get to comfort mode (no lights on).
If no leaks for sure, and compressor works fine, then I would look at valve block, because that is the part which opens and closes valves that feed air from tank into each shock, and it is the part which lets out air out of each shock when needed. The block is controlled by ECU based on sensors on control arms for height, and sensors in shock, that detect how much each shock has expanded or collapsed (sensor right in middle of shock on top of the damper nut).
I would have car turned off, disconnect front shock connectors gently (not air lines), then reconnect. After I would disconnect battery to reset ands see if suspension works again (disconnect for 5 min).
With suspension turned on, try to go to high mode. Should hear compressor. If cant hear compressor, it may be failing and preventing change of height due to inability to regulate pressure for air tank.

Any errors? Dis u spray top of shocks with soapy water to make sure you have no leaks there? Dis you spray valve block connections for leaks?
My first guess still valve block, followed by leaks you did not see, followed by compressor not leveling tank pressure, but thats just guessing here.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:11 PM
Yes, 100% no leaks from any of the bags , the compressor is also good . No leaks from the tank or valve block , what else besides leaks can be triggering the valve block to go bad? Also i turned the suspension off it said “control off” but the sports shock mode stays lit up even with the suspension off , weird .. also getting chassis system Failure light but car isnt dropping its not the struts or the compressor for sure , because remember i had suspension problems on my panamera and you helped me out mine has been working ever since .. but this problem is happening on my friends panamera .

Old 09-01-2018, 11:17 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
bad sensors?

Old 09-02-2018, 06:17 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Sounds like. Reseat the electrical connections next to airlines, and ones in middle of shock top as well. Make sure there is no dirt in there and connections fit all the way in up to the purple rubber seal on connector. If you see any yellow plastic, it means connection not seated all the way in.
Try use sport or sport + buttons instead of shock button. These will change shock settings too.
if still no improvement, there could be something wrong with switch itself.
chassis system failure often is a result of one or more sensors not communicating with ecu.
But my hunch is still valve block or connector at shock. Valve block has to open to adjyst shock, and connector at air line must work to operate valve at shock.

if tryi g to go into high mide do you see message on cluster or nothing? Dus you try disconnect battery fir 5 min?

Last edited by ciaka; 09-02-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:13 AM
When trying to go into high mode or click on the second mode it says “not allowed” but the car starts adjusting by it self we would watch the car go down & back up like if the button is stuck and triggering it to level if self , weird .. could the suspension computer be going bad , relay? Also when i press sports & sports plus button they light up but nothing happens no reaction

Old 09-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Relay is for compressor. Opens or closes electrical circuit when told by ecu.
not allowed means some condition detected that prevents action in this case shock stiffness change. Did you take battery out to reset everything? Leave battery out for 5 min or so.
I have seen not allowed message when air tank was under pressured, meaning car detected it cant change shock until tank pressure adjusts.
still, check shock sensors and reset with battery. Looking more like the switch stuck or still sensors not activating shock valves right.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:24 PM
HP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the rough
Just a thought -- all doors and rear hatch must be closed to change the system level (height). I have had a similar message when I tried to change the level when the driver's door was open.