Adding Sport Plus - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Adding Sport Plus

Old 10-08-2018, 10:35 PM
LGARCIA is an unknown quantity at this point
Adding Sport Plus

I see online that you can provide your VIN and buy Sport Plus Software (and console button) and have it installed at your local dealer. My car came with Sport option but not Sport Plus.

Has anyone done this? Was it a big difference from Sport mode?
I have a 2015 4S and would like the shift points to happen at a higher RPM...

Old 10-08-2018, 10:51 PM
allroadusa will become famous soon enoughallroadusa will become famous soon enough
Hi,
Sport Plus does a tremendous difference. It tranforms the Panamera into a baby 911. Shifts are way quicker, sometimes even brutal. Shift point occur at a much higher RPM. One of the most usefull option you can add. You won't regret

Old 10-09-2018, 04:45 AM
echristie is on a distinguished road
Do it! The best add on feature that you can purchase.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Thanks guys! I will make this my next mod to add on!

Old 10-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
awwww $hit.....

Old 10-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Go for it Bobby!!

Old 10-09-2018, 11:28 AM
DogWood is an unknown quantity at this point
Sport Plus really puts the car in beast mode

Old 10-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Just making sure this applies to the 2014 4s 3.0tt seeing theres very limited stuff for this 3.0

Last edited by Bobby Buggs; 10-09-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:19 PM
GratefulMed will become famous soon enough
My experience is different though it may be because I have the S e-hybrid version (2016). I've found that there is significantly better acceleration from a stop such that the wheels can screech with Sport Plus. Beyond that initial acceleration from a stop, though, I have seen no difference from Sport mode at higher speeds. If I am already at decent speed and switch from Sport to Sport Plus mode, I see no difference in RPM and no change in throttle responsiveness. Seems to me that this mode was made for the Launch feature where Sport Plus impact is evident; beyond that, it seems almost meaningless to me. I regret buying it as an add-on for my hybrid version. Again, the experience may be quite different for other Panamera versions.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:58 PM
DogWood is an unknown quantity at this point
Very well could be, on my 4S it keeps the revs a couple K higher for the same speed vs just Sport mode

it could be that because you have a slushbox it won't behave the same way

Old 10-09-2018, 07:20 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Interesting feedback, this is one of the modifications I've considered for my Panny...may have to seriously put this on the list

Old 10-10-2018, 08:32 AM
C4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant futureC4Sbeebe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GratefulMed View Post
My experience is different though it may be because I have the S e-hybrid version (2016). I've found that there is significantly better acceleration from a stop such that the wheels can screech with Sport Plus. Beyond that initial acceleration from a stop, though, I have seen no difference from Sport mode at higher speeds. If I am already at decent speed and switch from Sport to Sport Plus mode, I see no difference in RPM and no change in throttle responsiveness. Seems to me that this mode was made for the Launch feature where Sport Plus impact is evident; beyond that, it seems almost meaningless to me. I regret buying it as an add-on for my hybrid version. Again, the experience may be quite different for other Panamera versions.
this description of sport plus sounds extremely odd. i don't have a hybrid version, but to go from sport to sport plus and NOT see a rev change, shift point change, and overall dynamic difference seems nothing short of wrong. when i make the same change, at any speed, the car instantly transforms into a different car. it is definitely not just launch related. maybe another e-hybrid owner can chime in with their experiences, as this just doesn't add up to me.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:44 AM
ace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond reputeace10 has a reputation beyond repute
PSeH has a Tiptronic tranny, not a PDK.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:57 AM
I really appreciate all the replies, I will get it done and update you guys once I have it!

Old 10-11-2018, 09:02 AM
You might wanna call me before you buy it

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Adding Sport Plus

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.