Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo S 970.1 Turn Signal Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 05:16 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Turbo S 970.1 Turn Signal Replacement

I have been going at this for about an hour and can't figure it out or find anything online about it...

Trying to switch out the turn signal bulbs for LEDs in the front bumper, and I can't see how to do it without dismantling a ton of stuff. There HAS to be an easy way to do this - right?

I pulled back the wheel well cover after removing torx bolts - intercooler/oil cooler blocking it.

I removed the headlight - body frame blocking it.

I got under the car, underbody blocking it.

I did a reach around (ahem) through the front grille, can't get to it.

Anyone able to help? This is the model I have from the front so it appears different to the onlinr guides I found (likely for a 970.2 or 4/4S.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:00 PM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Sorry to reply because I'm unsure of how to replace the bulb, but it does deal with the same assembly. Do you know if there's a way keep the "halo" bumper lights on when your headlights are off? I really like the look when I lock the car and just the headlight drl (the 4 dots) and bumper lights are on, but when the function switch is in off, only the headlight drl is on.
​​​​​​
Was wondering if you heard or saw someone do this?

Last edited by elShiz; 12-07-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by elShiz
Sorry to reply because I'm unsure of how to replace the bulb, but it does deal with the same assembly. Do you know if there's a way keep the "halo" bumper lights on when your headlights are off? I really like the look when I lock the car and just the headlight drl (the 4 dots) and bumper lights are on, but when the function switch is in off, only the headlight drl is on.
​​​​​​
Do they come on when you turn to sidelights on the switch by the steering wheel?

Old 12-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by LouDA
Do they come on when you turn to sidelights on the switch by the steering wheel?
I apologize, but I may not understand your question fully.

On the dash function switch, it's off, auto, "halo" bumper lights, and headlights (also I can pull the **** out when clicked all the way to the right, not able to in any other position).

The switch and functions work accordingly to their setting. I just find it odd that locking the car has them both on (just the 4dots & "halo" bumper lights), which in my opinion look the best, but you're not given an actual option to have them on at the same time....unless I've completely missed something, but I did just double check each setting.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:19 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
The parking light/signal housings need to be removed to access the turn signal bulb. The bumper may have to be removed. I looked into swapping the turn signal to LED but didn't want to hassle with the fender-mounted signal bulbs.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
The parking light/signal housings need to be removed to access the turn signal bulb. The bumper may have to be removed. I looked into swapping the turn signal to LED but didn't want to hassle with the fender-mounted signal bulbs.
I was planning to put some mesh behind the openings in the front bumper anyway so maybe I will tie those two things together😊

Thanks

Old 12-11-2018, 08:28 AM
​​​​​​
Just figured this one out - in the vehicle menu, under lighting, exterior lighting, you can turn "Driving Lights" on or off. If they are on, then you get the 4 dots on the halo as DRLs.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:22 AM
Just figured this one out - in the vehicle menu, under lighting, exterior lighting, you can turn "Driving Lights" on or off. If they are on, then you get the 4 dots on the halo as DRLs.
Dude that's amazing thank you. I never thought to dig through the menu options, though I have for other things, just figured the headlights/DRLs weren't configurable. I'll report back after work.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Dude that's amazing thank you. I never thought to dig through the menu options, though I have for other things, just figured the headlights/DRLs weren't configurable. I'll report back after work.
You got it

Old 12-12-2018, 03:53 PM
You got it
So I went through the options and apparently already had that feature selected. It seems we're thinking of two different functions, so I snapped a pic of what I'm talking about.

When I get out of, or enter the car, my extior lights come on and this is what it looks like (bumper "halo" lights with the 4dots in the headlights):

I would like to have the bumper lights on at the same time as an option with my Daytime Lights (4 dots). However regardless of what position the **** is in, the configuration in the photo is simply not possible while driving the car.

I appreciate the help though, maybe someone else knows a way....I mean I feel like there's a fuse for ext. lighting we can dink with you know?

Old 12-14-2018, 09:25 AM
Yeh, I would think that you can jump from the DRL fuse to the half fuse and have them constantly lit together (I've done so on a previous car - non Panamera) so would think it's something as straight forward as that? That way, you'll be able to turn them on using the sidelight switch.

On my original post - I'm pissed!hah I spent about an hr removing the front bumper, getting to the turn signal light bulb and then when I went to replace it, realized it's a 2 prong +/- type of deal and not a slot for a new bulb. UGH. So I'm now off on the hunt for a bi-pin LED. Does anyone know of any good amber ones? Also, does anyone know what voltage the turn signal circuit runs on?

Wondering if something like this would do the trick:
https://buyledonline.com/halco-80782...yABEgIDNfD_BwE

Old 12-17-2018, 09:04 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Regarding the first question, just take the bumper off, it’s not too bad, and you get to change your air filter while you are in there

Old 12-17-2018, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by stealthn
Regarding the first question, just take the bumper off, it’s not too bad, and you get to change your air filter while you are in there
Yeh, took the bumper off just had the wrong bulbs to replace... need a 2 pin LED. Does anyone know if I cut the wires and crimp etc into a new system that accepts 194 fitment if that would throw an alert up?

Also, yep - been looking at switching out for the BMC filter 😊