Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Chip For Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 08:23 PM
Blackamera is an unknown quantity at this point
Race Chip For Panamera

Hey all. I'm trying to determine which chip tuning vendor to go with for my Panamera Turbo S. I'm willing to spend a fair amount of money, but don't want to break the bank. Does anyone have experience with Race Chip ? If so, what has your experienced been? Was it worth the $800? Did you see the improvements that were claimed on their website? Thanks for any and all feedback.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-31-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:54 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
My advice is to stay away from brand X. Go with GIAC or EVOMS or similar company with a reputation. I have GIAC program in my 970 PTT and it is fantastic. They have been tuning for years and stand behind the product. When thinking of "breaking the bank" just remember: you get what you pay for.... and it's not a Honda.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:47 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Basically, what most experienced folks say is, many companies can produce programs that will make your car more aggressive and faster, but not many spend the time, effort and money, to research and prove that their product will not hurt the vehicle this will be installed in. That is why many do prefer known and proven companies. Not to say others are bad, it is only a matter of trust. If you feel you have done enough research into it, I am sure you will be happy. However no one else will research for you, so will be hard for them to answer this. Hope this helps.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:40 AM
turbo_mikePTT will become famous soon enough
Has any one used the FVD program it’s a deal at $1000 and they have a lot of history behind the name. Thinking of adding this to my PTT with cat bypass and agency y pipe.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:39 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbo_mikePTT
Has any one used the FVD program it’s a deal at $1000 and they have a lot of history behind the name. Thinking of adding this to my PTT with cat bypass and agency y pipe.
i bought the FVD tune, but have been so busy since that i haven't had the chance to install. i need to get off my *** and get it in the car. will try to remember to post when i do. i considered all the options, but chose the FVD as the best choice in the end.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:15 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I had the FVD tune in my 2010 panamera turbo and then I also installed it on my 2013 panamera turbo s and I loved it. At the time they didn't have anything that could be loaded remotely and it required sending the ECU to germany for programming. Not sure if the remote flash is the same or not, if it is you won't be disappointed. I was so pleased that I've been contacting them every couple months waiting on something for my 2018 to become available

Old 02-09-2019, 04:31 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Consider Softronic as well, it’s what I’ll put in my PTT

Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 AM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by turbo_mikePTT
VERY happy with my FVD tune so far. These cars are amazing from the factory, but the tune brings it to another level! Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it...

I still have the stock sport exhaust, but I did add the IPD plenum. I’d love to see how it responds with cat bypass pipes. Good thing is, FVD will adjust your tune for free to account for future mods.

Good luck!

Old 02-13-2019, 07:43 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ez1973
VERY happy with my FVD tune so far. These cars are amazing from the factory, but the tune brings it to another level! Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it...

I still have the stock sport exhaust, but I did add the IPD plenum. I’d love to see how it responds with cat bypass pipes. Good thing is, FVD will adjust your tune for free to account for future mods.
Good luck!
It will sound fantastic and turbo spool will be reduced. You'll love it!

Old 02-13-2019, 01:09 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cvprez
I had the FVD tune in my 2010 panamera turbo and then I also installed it on my 2013 panamera turbo s and I loved it. At the time they didn't have anything that could be loaded remotely and it required sending the ECU to germany for programming. Not sure if the remote flash is the same or not, if it is you won't be disappointed. I was so pleased that I've been contacting them every couple months waiting on something for my 2018 to become available
Thanks for the kind words, at that time the bench load was about the same as the flash load power wise. However, our engineers have massaged the software a bit more for added torque in the mid-range and even better drivability. I really wish we had something for the 2018 but I promise as soon as we have something I will release it here.
Originally Posted by ez1973

Good luck!
Glad to hear you are enjoying the tune!

We would love to sell you the bypass as well, but just a word of caution. Cat bypass pipes rob the motor of back pressure before you are into heavy boost. So, the low end is sacrificed (up to around 3,000 rpms), mid-range is good and top end is amazing. I don’t recommend them for those that love power off the line. Bypass is a nice option for those that roll on the power from 60+ for example. Another drawback is the noxious smell and the labor cost to lower the entire front subframe (or a portion). Please factor that into the decision. Sport Cats are a better option for those that don’t want to sacrifice the low end. Or, just retain the stock cats and free up some of the back pressure with the mid pipe or sport mufflers.

Also for those unfamiliar with us, we only tune Porsche vehicles and have been tuning them since the 3.2 911 Carrera in 1984. As ez mentioned, the real beauty of buying software from FVD is that we also sell a complete line of exhaust components. Our exhaust is manufactured in Germany by M&M Exhaust GmbH, who make the RSR and Cup R systems for the boys in Weissach. The sound, performance and build quality are amazing and each component works seamlessly with our software. Buy our software, add an FVD bypass or FVD sport cat in the future, the software update is free of charge.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net