Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

to chip or not to chip??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:47 PM
ehaser1 is on a distinguished road
to chip or not to chip??

I'm thinking of doing bypass pipes and an ecu upgrade...Anyone have real experience with a reliable shop in Illinois?
Looking at Giac, Upsolute, FVD??? Looking for nice sound so I'm adding bypass pipes..Can anyone tell me if they make a sound difference at idle? at speed? I like the throaty sound but I don't want my car sounding like a mustang with straight pipes if you know what I mean...
I love to sound of a borla V8 on a vette etc..

Any Recommendations???

Your pal...

Ed

Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Call Midwest Eurosport and ask for George (815-727-5577). Let him know Mo sent you. I know they do chip tuning for porsches and I am sure they will take care of you.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:19 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Do GIAC, BMC filter and bypass pipes..if you have funds for full exhaust I recommend Fabspeed sounds great and top notch quality.. good luck..

Old 09-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by alex911s
Do GIAC, BMC filter and bypass pipes..if you have funds for full exhaust I recommend Fabspeed sounds great and top notch quality.. good luck..
+1
result...you will sleep in your car everyday...

Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
whats the story with the module? any luck? I have this exhaust here for ya! and ECU!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:33 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Do it you will be very happy.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Lowering module

I'm selling my rinspeed lowering module if anyone wants it...
sorry but my dealer is being a pain about installing it!!!
If I could find a local shop to install it that would be great!!!
If anyone has a 'plug and play' lowering module please let me know!!

Thank guys!!

Old 09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
Techart = Arling
I heard you need to check the vin number.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
kooser is on a distinguished road
No question - Do It.
As for a place to do a DME mod "chip" in Chicago...
Go to The Porsche Exchange - They will do it and they will stand behind their work (protect you if something goes funk from PCNA) and since they are a Porsche Dealer they should be your clear choice.

The Porsche Exchange
2300 Skokie Valley Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035-1735

Main: 847.266.7000

Last edited by kooser; 09-22-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:12 PM
thanks but

I had really bad experiene with them..I bought my truck there four months ago..Last week they charged me $3500 for brakes, 2 tires and a "much needed" service...on top of that I had to spend 250 to rent a car that they promised to cover but didn't. They are used to having idiot clients with lots of money who just don't care about cost. They always make me feel like the poor guy because I don't have 3 porsches..JMO..

Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ehaser1
I had really bad experiene with them..I bought my truck there four months ago..Last week they charged me $3500 for brakes, 2 tires and a "much needed" service...on top of that I had to spend 250 to rent a car that they promised to cover but didn't. They are used to having idiot clients with lots of money who just don't care about cost. They always make me feel like the poor guy because I don't have 3 porsches..JMO..
Trust me and give eurosport a call. They are very reputable in the PCA and george will take really good care of you.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:49 PM
kooser is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ehaser1

Man, sorry to hear that.
I was even able to get them to come down on price and match Perfect Power @ $2200 with the handheld flashloader included? So I didn't have the same bad money experiences as you may have been witness to. They are not my dealer, nor would I want them to be, but they are the only dealer in the area that does the DME/ECU upgrades.

P.S. Why don't you have 3 Porsches anyway?

Also try Perfect Power and talk to Sol.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by kooser
Man, sorry to hear that.
I was even able to get them to come down on price and match Perfect Power @ $2200 with the handheld flashloader included? So I didn't have the same bad money experiences as you may have been witness to. They are not my dealer, nor would I want them to be, but they are the only dealer in the area that does the DME/ECU upgrades.

P.S. Why don't you have 3 Porsches anyway?

Also try Perfect Power and talk to Sol.
perfect power is also very reputable. I Have heard good things about them

Old 09-25-2006, 04:54 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I assume you have a Cayenne S right?
Then do it , I did the Digi-tec ecu upgrade with Fabspeed exhaust system+ cat bypass pipes and BMC filters and I have noticed loads of power and different stages in the rpm, Now it shifts at 6,9rpm and Accelerates better and even feels lighter off the line