Sponsored by:

May as well start a build thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 09:25 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
May as well start a build thread!

Damn! Just spent ages writing and then my page auto-refreshed

So... I am creating a thread that I can keep a track of all the mods as I go. The stance has been widened 15mm with hubcentric spacers all-round.

Resonater from the exhaust has been removed and straight-piped instead (loud!).

IPD plenum arrived today.
Carbon fiber side vents arrive tomorrow.
BMC filter arrives tomorrow.
Renntech ELS lowering module arrives on Weds.

Broken TPMS, so new one arrives this Fri. I have wheels booked in to go acid green powder coat (not everyone's taste, but my car example color below) and fit the new TPMS at the same time. These will be my track wheels.

Working auto-lift gate struts arrive Friday as current ones are broken.

Dropping more cash on the VR Tuning ecu next month as well as finding a way to get those 22" vorsteiners

Have a white and black topographical map of London with acid green occasional lines wrap for the car. Headlights, tail lights and windows will be tinted.

Carbon vorsteiner-style ducktail on order but no delivery date as yet.

Eventually plan on bigger turbos, hard piping, bigger intercoolers, more boost, akrapovic exhaust, downpipes, wide body kit, etc.

Updates to follow!
David

Last edited by LouDA; 04-01-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 PM
AluminumMistress is an unknown quantity at this point
Go BiG or go home! Wasn’t sure how I felt about acid green from just reading the text but looks good in the photo!

Keep us posted!

Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
sounds like you're having fun David, the acid green wheels are a bold statement (love it)
Have you gotten use to driving on the "wrong side" of the road yet?

Old 04-02-2019, 09:21 AM
The amount of times I nearly died while learning how to drive over here was frightfully high... however I am all good now - it's been years 😂 Mainly I would turn left on a green light, per EUR rules but without a green arrow hah

Old 04-02-2019, 09:24 AM
LOL, do they have roundabouts in Colorado? we got them all over the place here in Central Oregon. when there is no other traffic they make great chicanes for the Panamera

Last edited by DogWood; 04-02-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by DogWood
LOL, do they have roundabouts in Colorado? we got them all over the place here in Central Oregon. when there is no other traffic they make great chicanes for the Panamera
Haha they do have a few "turning circles" Most people have no clue how to actually use them though!

Carbon side vents arrived today. Little bit of damage on one but overall they look decent!

Old 04-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Also for those that are interested, this is the crap x pipe job that was there when I bought the car - it is now the piece that is straight-piped.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:18 PM
SO you're sending me crap David?

Old 04-02-2019, 01:35 PM
SO you're sending me crap David?
FREE crap haha

In fairness, all a muffler shop need to do is weld a tiny additional lip from tubing and grind off the bad welds previously!

Old 04-02-2019, 01:39 PM
just giving you a bit of sh$t

those carbon bits are going to look nice

Old 04-02-2019, 02:33 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
When doing the air filter thats a good time to tackle the horns if your's are in poor shape/not working.
If you decide not to go with Akrapovic, I have a TechArt Sport system ready to go as you probably already know from another post.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:20 PM
ScottDy is on a distinguished road
Where did you get the Carbon side vents? Link?

Old 04-02-2019, 05:29 PM
just giving you a bit of sh$t
Hah! I'm aware Remember - I'm a Brit so dry humor and sarcasm flow through my veins!

Old 04-02-2019, 05:38 PM
My horns are actually in good shape - I checked them when the bumper was off and the wheel liners were out. I did however notice that it wasn't fixed perfectly after the previous owner had a small front end ding in a parking lot.. I have a larger gap between the bumper and fender on the drivers side than the passenger side so before it gets wrapped, I will be taking it to a body shop to get lined up properly.

Today was fun though! BMC filter fitted, IPD plenum installed (which was a bit of a pain in the ***!) and carbon vents installed. Here is where I got them:
Amazon Amazon

The issue with the side vents is that they dont have the clips like the OEM ones do, so they dont clip to the inner vent housing. I had to (don't judge me) zip tie them in place for now and they are sturdy and not going anywhere. This weekend, I will get them back out and fiberglass the tabs.

The plenum was fine right up until removing the 2 hoses underneath. The red one appeared ti be snapped a bit and stuck. When I got it out, I founda bit of red plastic just jiggling around in the tubing! Whoa.

All is back together now. I don't know if it's the placebo effect but I can hear more diverter valve and turbo noise although I didn't feel much performance improvement. Im running at 0.9 bar in sports plus which I think is accurate? Can anyone verify?

Old 04-02-2019, 05:47 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LouDA
My horns are actually in good shape - I checked them when the bumper was off and the wheel liners were out. I did however notice that it wasn't fixed perfectly after the previous owner had a small front end ding in a parking lot.. I have a larger gap between the bumper and fender on the drivers side than the passenger side so before it gets wrapped, I will be taking it to a body shop to get lined up properly.

Today was fun though! BMC filter fitted, IPD plenum installed (which was a bit of a pain in the ***!) and carbon vents installed. Here is where I got them:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071C...mob_b_pd_title

The issue with the side vents is that they dont have the clips like the OEM ones do, so they dont clip to the inner vent housing. I had to (don't judge me) zip tie them in place for now and they are sturdy and not going anywhere. This weekend, I will get them back out and fiberglass the tabs.

The plenum was fine right up until removing the 2 hoses underneath. The red one appeared ti be snapped a bit and stuck. When I got it out, I founda bit of red plastic just jiggling around in the tubing! Whoa.

All is back together now. I don't know if it's the placebo effect but I can hear more diverter valve and turbo noise although I didn't feel much performance improvement. Im running at 0.9 bar in sports plus which I think is accurate? Can anyone verify?

subscribed...

I’m starting with wheels in the next few weeks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: May as well start a build thread!