Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Basic question)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 12:13 AM
aquatone is an unknown quantity at this point
(Basic question)

Pretty basic question. I have never privately sold a Porsche before.

I have a 2012 Turbo S in superb condition at 74,600 miles in the yachting blue exterior/interior scheme and very well optioned. No accidents, full maintenance history and new plugs, fluids, suspension parts and the recall is done.

I like the Panamera so much I would like to buy the new model but don't want to be low balled by a dealer on trade in. Where are the best places to put an ad for a private sale for who would be seriously interested in this vehicle?

I see a section on this site but not sure if it gets any traffic. Thanks!

Chris

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-12-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Deezflip is on a distinguished road
You can post just about anywhere, cars.com, autotrader, cargurus, ebay, facebook marketplace, letgo.com, offerup.com, and even craigslist.com. You can try to see what carmax will offer you also. You don't have to commit to them, just to get a ballpark figure and an idea of how much you will get from the dealership. They get pretty close to KBB sometimes.

As I mentioned in other place, I feel like the Panamera Turbo S gets a false and unfair appraisal. You'll often see listings labeled as a Turbo S but if you actually look at the car, it's the non-S Turbo. People and dealerships skim through the listings and base their pricing of what they see off the bat. Oh look!...a Panamera Turbo S with xxmiles and $xx amount, what a deal! ....WRONG, its a non-S Turbo. I feel that KBB is inaccurate in this sense also as they value these two cars very similar. With that said a $40k-$50k price difference with these cars when new, is now only appraised $4k-$6k differences ....if not, the same!

With that said, you'll come to realize that there aren't that many pre-owned Panamera Turbo S up for sale. I feel like you would need to emphasize that and that it's the Turbo S, for you to get top dollar. Good luck with the sale!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-12-2019 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:39 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
For years I have had much success with autotrader. I learned of auto tempest recently and it seems to be legit - listing your car on multiple classified sites.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:18 AM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
+1 on Autotrader. Fixed $75 fee lists it nationwide until it sells. Write a compelling ad, get it detailed and take professional pics and you'll have inquiries and should sell for well above trade-in. Check KBB for private vs. dealer pricing. Also post on here and Rennlist (that's where I found mine) and GLWS!!

Oh and be sure to post a link here to your ad so others can be exposed.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:40 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Now is best time to sell for optimum price, near summet time. After, pricez will be dropping, folks wont be buying sport cars.
Be patient and set a plan, dont ddviate. Have few options in terms of negotiation, like a couple variations to give buyef better deal. Once they feel they are getting something extra, they will buy.
I would consider keeping under your sleeve, paint correction if needed, a light one with wax job, for a couple hundred bucks. Dont announce til you see them contemplating. They will get extra and you will sell.
Win win.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:22 PM
bzliteyear is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aquatone
Pretty basic question. I have never privately sold a Porsche before.

I have a 2012 Turbo S in superb condition at 74,600 miles in the yachting blue exterior/interior scheme and very well optioned. No accidents, full maintenance history and new plugs, fluids, suspension parts and the recall is done.

I like the Panamera so much I would like to buy the new model but don't want to be low balled by a dealer on trade in. Where are the best places to put an ad for a private sale for who would be seriously interested in this vehicle?

I see a section on this site but not sure if it gets any traffic. Thanks!

Chris
Chris, I’ve had good luck with craigslist but this is a pretty specialized car. Autotrader might also work.
Let’s all connect in SF before you sell the car.
Patrick

Old 05-13-2019, 03:20 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Don t know how California taxes work but in some states (NJ/NY) where the value of the trade will not be taxed on the new car it hardly makes the effort worth it to play all the private sales games.
Example. $50,000 trade in an 8% tax state is $4000 less in tax on the new car. So you have to get $54,000 just to break even. I know every state is different so do the math for your state.

Last edited by cerbomark; 05-13-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:11 AM
aquatone is an unknown quantity at this point
OP here. I wanted to thank you all for your advice and have now listed my Panamera Turbo-S on Autotrader...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...NX=PSEMAILLEAD

Old 06-06-2019, 10:22 AM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
Ad looks great and car looks fabulous - GLWS!

Old 06-06-2019, 10:49 AM
bzliteyear is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aquatone
OP here. I wanted to thank you all for your advice and have now listed my Panamera Turbo-S on Autotrader...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...NX=PSEMAILLEAD
What? Beautiful car. We didn’t even get to hang out yet. Let’s grab drink in Orinda or WC before you sell. I would buy yours if I didn’t already have one.
Patrick