Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle controllers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 11:08 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Throttle controllers

I saw some more expensive sprint booster types of throttle managers for as much as 350 USD, with bluetooth connection to cell phone, where you can adjust the settings from cell.

Also saw some non BT enabled, still fully adjustable but on the wired in console that comes with it (tuck it in behind carpet after setting), for as little as 70USD.
Getting tempted to just put in the cheaper one, as i do not foresee myself using BT and cell phone to keep changing settings.
Anyone can comment on this train of thought? Looking for some opinions, etc.

Old 05-24-2019, 04:21 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Wasn’t the original Sprint Boosterjust a plug in module with no bells and whistles? I would prefer this as well

Old 05-24-2019, 06:11 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
They all appear to be plug ins. Sprint booster about 340Usd.
Other product aI saw was about 70 bucks. Thinking about it.
Get 9 performance settings to increase sensitivity, and 9 economh settings to decrease sensitivity, plus neutral, or factory mode.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:56 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Yeah but I don’t want those settings, all I want is “true” response of my foot, like a real throttle cable is there any that do that?

Old 05-24-2019, 10:40 PM
Panamera is ekectronic throttle. But if you install throttle commander it will remove ghe lag that mfg adds for ease of use of the car, so your feel should be very direct

Old 05-25-2019, 08:16 AM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Im very pleased with my sprint booster with the wired controller. Dont need bluetooth. Mine has 2 modes, sport and race with 9 levels on both. Running race at 9 is a bit unruly, I usually drive in sport about 6 or 7. I feel it was well worth the investment. I dont know about the $70 one but for that short $$ why not try it but if its race mode 9 all the time that might be a bit annoying. I will be interested hearing your result.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:00 PM
Its not the $ but desire to find out. That one has no BT, but has high perf and economy mode.
High perf mode has 9 levels of increasing aggresive steps. Economy mode has 9 modes of decreasing aggression modes (slower). Plus a bypass mode to have oem setting.
Just curious to see if an th one bought one. I may get one if no one has. Desvice is simple, remaps pedal to add or take away steps of throttle with each setting.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:56 PM
NormalFellow will become famous soon enough
Hey Ciaka!!! Dude, its trippy how we similar we think alike, haha. I literally am using that same setup and messing around with ALL the functions... pretty awesome so far and install of both units took less than 15 minutes. Dude, im about to have my panamera on the lift for about a month to build all of my custom titanium everything and custom engineered pieces, soooo... i can no problem, let you try this exact setup that you are talking about and use it for a few weeks to try out before you decide to purchase one yourself.... PM me your address and i'll ship it out to ya to borrow... SIncerely, your homie in SoCal, haha. -Alex

Old 05-26-2019, 04:21 PM
Seriously, good looks Alex

Old 05-26-2019, 07:14 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Alex Keleman
Hey Ciaka!!! Dude, its trippy how we similar we think alike, haha. I literally am using that same setup and messing around with ALL the functions... pretty awesome so far and install of both units took less than 15 minutes. Dude, im about to have my panamera on the lift for about a month to build all of my custom titanium everything and custom engineered pieces, soooo... i can no problem, let you try this exact setup that you are talking about and use it for a few weeks to try out before you decide to purchase one yourself.... PM me your address and i'll ship it out to ya to borrow... SIncerely, your homie in SoCal, haha. -Alex
Very cool, and you know Ciaka will do great write up about it

Old 05-27-2019, 08:47 AM
...thank you very much Alex. Really grateful for offer. I sent u details.

Originally Posted by Alex Keleman
Hey Ciaka!!! ...SIncerely, your homie in SoCal, haha. -Alex

Old 05-28-2019, 05:49 PM
NormalFellow will become famous soon enough
On the way dude!

Old 05-28-2019, 09:32 PM
Cant express how much I appreciate it. Let me know when you want me to ship it back to you and I will do it asap. Thank you again.

Old 05-29-2019, 05:27 AM
Waiting for extremely detailed and interestingly spelled review from ciaka, lol

Old 05-29-2019, 10:11 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobby Buggs
Waiting for extremely detailed and interestingly spelled review from ciaka, lol
Ditto.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Throttle controllers