Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On 'As the Wrench Turns Saturday'....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 06:37 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
On 'As the Wrench Turns Saturday'....

Today was a busy day with the Panamera....performing the following

1. Changed the spark plugs and noticed the last person in here left me some damage (see damaged coil pack)

2. Changed the high pressure sensor I ordered a few months, hope it addresses the reduced power warning I get once in a while (But I'm thinking the coil pack above is likely another cause/culprit). For those unaware the sensor is located beneath the intake manifold so that led to cleaning the throttle body and cleaning the gunk/dirt underneath. This also led to seeing exactly how gunky some of my valves are. Looks like the intake valve cleaning is next on the list, followed by an oil change.

3. Changed the cabin filter, not bad at all, I found being upside down on the passenger seat to be the fastest way to get this accomplished. (no pictures)

Old 06-13-2020, 07:34 PM
DogWood is infamous around these partsDogWood is infamous around these parts
Nice work, you'll want to keep an eye on that thermostat housing, those glued in pipes like to fail, yours looks pretty clean still though

Old 06-13-2020, 07:36 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DogWood
Nice work, you'll want to keep an eye on that thermostat housing, those glued in pipes like to fail, yours looks pretty clean still though
Thank you sir...new coil pack being ordered tonight, might include new brakes...the quarantine has me getting things done I've neglected or not had the time to do.

Old 06-20-2020, 03:45 PM
On this episode of 'Wrench turning Saturday', we go to change the brakes/pads. As luck would have it I started on the front passenger side and had a bear of a time removing the lower torx bolt...luckily it didn't break, but here is the aftermath. I'm going to pick up a thread chaser kit and new bolt hoping to salvage the hub.

Of course then there are the rotors which I was here to change/address. I'll be cleaning up the hubs and dust shields as well while here.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:00 PM
Update- new brakes installed, intake valve cleaning completed, this car feels so solid now! More to come!

Old 07-05-2020, 07:03 PM
orangeokie is infamous around these parts
OEkuni - From where which state/states did this car come. Looks like a northern state with salted roads. I despise someone damaging a part and then not replacing it, but just hiding it from the next unsuspecting owner, especially if it was a commercial mechanic/dealership.

This photo is very telling . . . https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...ba428c34d2.jpg

All of your photos are very helpful.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by orangeokie
OEkuni - From where which state/states did this car come. Looks like a northern state with salted roads. I despise someone damaging a part and then not replacing it, but just hiding it from the next unsuspecting owner, especially if it was a commercial mechanic/dealership.

This photo is very telling . . . https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...ba428c34d2.jpg

All of your photos are very helpful.
The vehicle has been a Northeast car all it's life but I've owned it for the last 4. I haven't found many 'hidden' issues, honestly I just think they were over torqued by whomever did the brakes last time. My issue is I haven't driven the car much and really had not too much reason to change the brakes. Being on COVID gave me the time to address the brakes and other things now.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:40 AM
HP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the rough
Great photos ... and thread title.

Mileage when you cleaned the intake valves?

This is on my list to "look at" with 75K currently on my car, but was waiting for another reason to dismantle the intake. Might do it at the 90K spark plug change.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by HP41
Great photos ... and thread title.

Mileage when you cleaned the intake valves?

This is on my list to "look at" with 75K currently on my car, but was waiting for another reason to dismantle the intake. Might do it at the 90K spark plug change.
Thanks, mileage is a still around 65K and you don't need to dismantle the intake to do it. Just the single screw which holds the intake hose to the throttle body...spray it in...and let it do it's thing. VERY worth while doing!