Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PASM and height calibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 02:26 AM
PorschePal is an unknown quantity at this point
PASM and height calibration

I have two issues, thet I belive have something to do with each other ;-)

With reference to the heigt messaurement from Porsche, 404 in the front and 406 in the rear I have the following deviation;
Front left +9 mm (to high)
Front right - 22 mm (to low)
Rearleft +10mm (to high)
Rear right - 31 mm (to low)

The systems respond on "high level" "Normal lever" command, and the suspensin works like normal when driving. When entring Sport or Sport+ mode there is no response from the suspension, just the PDK program. No messages from the cluster. I have done the calibration according to ciak`s guide. (by the use of Foxwell 70i Pro scanner)
The calibration session works, in a way that all the steps in the procedure is possible to do, but the new height numbers is not stored in the ECU. The scanner tells med that session is ended, and OK, but the calibration is not OK.
When a run and active test on PASM every part of the system reply with ok, and I can se, and hear, ecah corner of the car sink/raise when doing the test. The air tank show 117 liter of compresed air. When entring the height numbers for calibration, the prefilled numbers are 257 on each wheel.

So it seem like the airsuspension system "lives on a isolated island". All functions are in place, but there are no communicatoen with the rest of the car, and I dont get accses to the ECU when doing a calibration. When reading out stored messages i get "Sport mode faulty". When doing a total scan and code delet, there are 3 codes tha not can be cleared;
- C12097 Chek air condtitioner control unit faulty memory content.
- C1208A Fault in PASM control unit
- No comunication with rear lid control unit
In addition I get "fault, servo motor deactivated/test step abortet", "Negative Respons Key:AA", and "Negative repsons Key;24"

How come that the "hig/low"-level works, the correction of load work but the ECU doesnt seems to communicate with other control units? And how is the aircondtitioner control unit relatedt to the PASM-system? I ask this because this a message I get when doing steps in the PASM menue on the sanner. Anyone who knows where the airco contrlunit is located in the car, and where the PASM controlunit is located?

Old 05-16-2021, 02:30 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I had to play with height sensor calibration recently. Could not align. Had to gat both back tires set by using jack lifts, to set height exactly to 404mm back.
I used the bottom of cap as reference. Center cap is 78mm in diameter. Half of that (radius), is 38mm.
All my measurements are to bottom of cap, then subtract the 38mm to get accuracy. We're talking mm here.
Once back height was set to exactly 404mm, I used piwis2 to enter level/pasm section, make repairs, and do sensor height calibration.
Once you go through entry of each back wheel, you save (I think f12), then you must turn ignition off then on, for settings to be accepted. Then you slowly lower each wheel as a set, allow car to inflate and level off at the back.
Then you repeat for front tires. U set my front to 400, 4mn shorter than back.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:38 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I had to play with height sensor calibration recently. Could not align. Had to gat both back tires set by using jack lifts, to set height exactly to 404mm back.
I used the bottom of cap as reference. Center cap is 78mm in diameter. Half of that (radius), is 38mm.
All my measurements are to bottom of cap, then subtract the 38mm to get accuracy. We're talking mm here.
Once back height was set to exactly 404mm, I used piwis2 to enter level/pasm section, make repairs, and do sensor height calibration.
Once you go through entry of each back wheel, you save (I think f12), then you must turn ignition off then on, for settings to be accepted. Then you slowly lower each wheel as a set, allow car to inflate and level off at the back.
Then you repeat for front tires. U set my front to 400, 4mn shorter than back.

Old 05-23-2021, 10:29 PM
murci930 is on a distinguished road
Not to hijack the thread but general ride height question- For PTT's with sport chrono, if you have the car in normal height (comfort/sport), shut the car off, lock, should it always lower? Sometimes? If the car is in the right mood? lol.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:45 PM
vkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by murci930
should it always lower? Sometimes? If the car is in the right mood? lol.
Mine sometimes will lower a bit on lock, sometimes not! Suspect it has something to do with the sensed weight once you exit the cabin.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:27 AM
sp3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by vkb123
Mine sometimes will lower a bit on lock, sometimes not! Suspect it has something to do with the sensed weight once you exit the cabin.
Yeah, mine too, I've mentioned this before and gone pretty deep to try to understand what is going on. Porsche have tested the system multiple times and say everything is fine... But front right lowers (sometimes) on lock, all normal when on. My car is right hand drive. Might be the weight thing... When unloading a full boot (trunk) it also lowers on lock.