Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

In Search of first V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 01:28 AM
jamal08 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is some wonderful information. Have been reading up and watching YouTube videos about everything to look for, maintenance, etc. Planning on flying out to see one this upcoming week so hopefully all goes well

Old 10-23-2020, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by MossDBR1
Hello Jamal,
I have an 07 Vantage manual, 36K miles, Velocity tune, Strasse wheels, H&R springs, Tungsten with Obsidian interior in the SF Bay area, that I'm putting on the market soon. PM if interested.
Cheers
Always good to keep my options open so would be interested in hearing more about the car! I have no idea why but I am not able to send a PM or even post a visitor message. I thought by now I would have enough posts but doesn't seem to be the case. I can also be reached by email at zezy996@gmail.com if you would still be interested in selling

Old 10-23-2020, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by superuser
PM me I am about to get mine put up for sale. Car is Tungsten/Black 07 manual with 32k miles with just about all the options and very well sort with ~20k in mods.

Mods:
  • HR springs
  • Forgeline ga1r wheels with fresh ps4s
  • New Porterfield R4-S break pads
  • New VAP v12 clutch and light flywheel
  • VAP exhaust
  • VAP tune
  • Fabspeed 200cell CAT
  • Red Paints air filters and box delete
  • Red Paints lightweight battery
  • Updated Bluetooth (replaces original flaky one that cuts out the speakers)
  • DBS shifter
Cheers,
Daryl
Sounds like a very nice setup! I also tried to PM and send a visitor message but had the same issue, it is not allowing me to do either. If you are still interested in selling I can also be reached at zezy996@gmail.com

I thought it would be because of low posts but for other forums it was just 3 needed. Maybe this one requires more than even what I have?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:10 AM
bubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 61mga
bought my three-owner 2007 with 11,000 miles on it without even driving it. next day began a 3000 mile trip from california to ohio. stayed a week and drove back another 3000 miles. thermostat needed to be replaced is all. three years ago bought a 38 foot 30 year old sailboat to live on without any inspection other than a 15 minute sail. again, no problems. i judge the condition of the things i buy by judging the personality of the previous owner. people that take care of their possessions have 'tells' that are easy to read if you look for them. how they look, talk, the condition of the car they are driving, their vocabulary, sentence structure, how they dress, how they speak about other people. it all adds up. they will treat their lawnmower the same as their ladder as they will their car or boat and to a certain extent their family and strangers. saves a lot of hassle.

So true. I’ve refused to sell to people because after taking with them it became apparent they would not treat the car with care.

Have a few daily drivers I’ve kept because maintaining them costs more than they’re worth and I know a new owner would simply let them die.
This would break my heart, so they spend their retirement years in storage and enjoy the occasional outing.

Sometimes finding the right buyer is just as big a challenge as finding the right seller.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:19 PM
rhart is on a distinguished road
LOOKING for V8V 09 to 2014 6 spd coupe
Any one know on one?
Thank you

Old 12-17-2020, 09:52 AM
RDroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 61mga
bought my three-owner 2007 with 11,000 miles on it without even driving it. next day began a 3000 mile trip from california to ohio. stayed a week and drove back another 3000 miles. thermostat needed to be replaced is all. three years ago bought a 38 foot 30 year old sailboat to live on without any inspection other than a 15 minute sail. again, no problems. i judge the condition of the things i buy by judging the personality of the previous owner. people that take care of their possessions have 'tells' that are easy to read if you look for them. how they look, talk, the condition of the car they are driving, their vocabulary, sentence structure, how they dress, how they speak about other people. it all adds up. they will treat their lawnmower the same as their ladder as they will their car or boat and to a certain extent their family and strangers. saves a lot of hassle.
This makes sense to me. I can do homework, be diligent, calculate the odds and the costs of a business deal (or a marriage, lol), but I can't do it for something enjoyable like buying, owning and driving a sports car.

Play it by feel and dive in. Take your chances. Roll some dice. Live a little dangerously. Get the blood flowing!

Best buying experience I ever had was flying in to pick up a 20 year old Lotus I had never seen but in pictures. Problems, ya. But fun, oh ya.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:37 AM
So so so so well said!!!!
I just bought a V8V unseen for just this reason. Haven't got it yet but I'm thinking it will be just fine.

And BTW I bought the car mentioned in the post above by the guy with the red Porsche

Last edited by rhart; 12-17-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:09 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RDroz
This makes sense to me. I can do homework, be diligent, calculate the odds and the costs of a business deal (or a marriage, lol), but I can't do it for something enjoyable like buying, owning and driving a sports car.

Play it by feel and dive in. Take your chances. Roll some dice. Live a little dangerously. Get the blood flowing!

Best buying experience I ever had was flying in to pick up a 20 year old Lotus I had never seen but in pictures. Problems, ya. But fun, oh ya.
I bet you jump out of perfectly good airplanes...!😉

Old 12-17-2020, 03:07 PM
RDroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MRCW
I bet you jump out of perfectly good airplanes...!😉
You're assuming I'm reckless enough to get into an airplane these days, lol!

Old 12-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Yeh the live dangerously goes just so far...

Old 12-24-2020, 05:31 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RDroz
You're assuming I'm reckless enough to get into an airplane these days, lol!
I've flown a few times in the last year and they are cleaner than most city hospitals now lol

Old 12-24-2020, 06:46 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sonies
I've flown a few times in the last year and they are cleaner than most city hospitals now lol
i take it you're not from toledo.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:16 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
The only story behind my original owner (me) 2016 Vantage GTS manual coupe (custom ordered, fully loaded) is one accident but fixed properly by AM Certified repair shop. Still haven’t driven it much only less than 15k miles, kind of want to sell at this point in So Cal

Old 02-14-2021, 09:08 PM
carcrazyteen is on a distinguished road
I bought mine from the original owner several years ago and he told me that he just enjoyed driving it and had it serviced at the AM dealer. The way It worked out there was not way to have it inspected anywhere since we were in the middle of nowhere (very foolish I know), but the owner offered to drive it to me to look it over, about 300 miles from where he was at the time. Looked it over and bought it. Since then I have put on 70k more miles on it and am sitting at 99,982 miles. The car is a manual and has been an absolute dream to drive. Only recently have I noticed that the car seems a bit sluggish on throttle response, but I think it is more due to driving other cars than any issue with the car. I well maintained I think they are absolutely great but it is totally stock. 08 V8V

Old 02-15-2021, 09:45 AM
Deplorable1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 06 manual Meteorite Gray with only 13,000 miles that I bought last year, I’m considering putting up for consignment at $57,900

I’ve put over $10 to $12,000 into it and only driven it about 500 to 700 miles, I take it out every other Sunday or at the latest three weeks, and have never had to charge the battery(new), I’ve also done any and everything that it needed after I bought the car.

The wheels are from a 16 GTS (take of at 600 miles) and they fit perfectly with brand new Michelin super sports 295 and 255s no need for spacers are lowering springs.

I also did a little Exhaust Work and had it tuned to not open the valves till 5500 which is perfect, car has a great growl to it and then it really comes on at high revs.

You can PM PHONE# ONLY Please if interested...

You can PM me your phone number if interested

Sent from my iPhone