Fun places to visit/see after C&C?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Fun places to visit/see after C&C?

I'll be down in LA for C&C on the 5th of April. Haven't really been down in LA much. Anywhere fun to eat and check out that's reasonably priced? Thanks!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:30 AM
daytrader is on a distinguished road
Go to L.A Farmer Market. Reasonable for lunch and fun to look around. Also, if there is no rain next weekend, check out All Porsche California Speedway in Fontana. A group of Pcars (17 cars) start from L.A to the Speedway. You can drive your Porsche on the big oval track just like Cup cars, Nascar. Plenty of vendors, Go Kart, raffles. Last year, there were hundreds of Porsche attended. Don't forget you can visit the garage shake hands, mingle with Cup cars drivers and see all the Porsche Super Cup. I believe there will be the all new GT2 on display.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:37 AM
RandomName is on a distinguished road
tell everyone that's you in the avatar - i'm pretty sure you'll get bunch of eager volunteers to show you around

are you going to hang around OC or be up in LA?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RandomName
tell everyone that's you in the avatar - i'm pretty sure you'll get bunch of eager volunteers to show you around

are you going to hang around OC or be up in LA?
Oh right - I'm getting rid of that avatar. Too many dude on here thinking I'm that chic.

Most likely LA area.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:32 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
I'll be down in LA for C&C on the 5th of April. Haven't really been down in LA much. Anywhere fun to eat and check out that's reasonably priced? Thanks!
C&C is in Irvine, OC not LA. It is 40 miles south of LA. Since you are already in OC, travel around the OC coast line.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by robertp
C&C is in Irvine, OC not LA. It is 40 miles south of LA. Since you are already in OC, travel around the OC coast line.
Oh - would be good for you to give me a location as well then for C&C

Otherwise I'm gonna be lost. I guess I'll be in the OC then

Old 03-28-2008, 07:35 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I will send you a list of places to visit. PCH is a must drive. From Long Beach to Dana Point. Covers 45 miles and 100's of places to stop and eat.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
DimNSlow - were you in West Chester by LAX today? thought I saw your twin (car that is)

Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
sapple89 is on a distinguished road
Cars and coffee then head towards Laguna beach for a trip down the coast

Old 04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
The Coast HWY would be a great trip. Go north towards Laguna, Crystal Cove, Newport, Fashion Island, do some shopping, eateries, ......
Anywhere along PCH you will find shops, food, tasty things to look at (the women). This weekend is supposed to have nice weather, so enjoy.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned
Any updates on the group drive before C&C this weekend?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I stopped by today. It was pretty disappointing. just 1 Carrera GT, a few ferraris, blah blah and bunch of mustangs. The Irvine popo ruined the fun for everyone else also...

Old 04-05-2008, 11:06 PM
monokuroboo is on a distinguished road
I stopped by today. It was pretty disappointing. just 1 Carrera GT, a few ferraris, blah blah and bunch of mustangs. The Irvine popo ruined the fun for everyone else also...
actually, two total showed up. silver and black. silver left before black came in, though.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned
DimNSlow - were you in West Chester by LAX today? thought I saw your twin (car that is)
I think so...

Don't know the whole OC/Irvine/LA area but I did do a lot of driving today - been up 48 hours straight to get to C&C (up for work since 8am Friday, drove down at 11pm Friday night to get to C&C at 6am Sat). Time to crash.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned
Honestly, the highlight for me was the classics that showed up - the Mercedes Gullwing was amazing.

There are plenty of exotics that show up to SR, but few classics, so this was a treat for me.