Coming to ATL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Coming to ATL

Whats up guys? ill be Driving down to ATL in my P-Car for a Friends Wedding OCT 8-11

Ill be driving from Toronto thru Detriot, Toledo, Daytona, Cincinnati, Lexington, Knoxville to Atlanta... its about 1520KM 15hours driving one-way...

I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a Shop in ATL, just incase something goes wrong with my P-Car... Also can anyone recommend a Car-Wash or Detailer in or around ATL...

Thanks

PS: ill be at The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North... Any Meets/GTG that weekend?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:04 PM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
that Westin is next to my office at Concourse... I typically hand wash my cars on my own but there is a hand car wash in the garage of the 6 Concourse Bldg... It is a short drive from your hotel... Other than that there are a few hand car washes on Roswell Road but closer to Buckhead... I dont have a P-car here but I am sure that there are some porsche shops around, just see if you google it and ask around but, of course, the Porsche is solid and nothing will go wrong with it ....

Atlanta is pretty fun place to drive as opposed to South FL... You will get a kick out of Spalding Drive if you get a chance...If not head to the Blue Ridge in the mountains which is awesome.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spyderman33
that Westin is next to my office at Concourse... I typically hand wash my cars on my own but there is a hand car wash in the garage of the 6 Concourse Bldg... It is a short drive from your hotel... Other than that there are a few hand car washes on Roswell Road but closer to Buckhead... I dont have a P-car here but I am sure that there are some porsche shops around, just see if you google it and ask around but, of course, the Porsche is solid and nothing will go wrong with it ....

Atlanta is pretty fun place to drive as opposed to South FL... You will get a kick out of Spalding Drive if you get a chance...If not head to the Blue Ridge in the mountains which is awesome.
Cool thanks for the Info on the Car Wash... I Googled the local Porsche Dealer there "Henessy Porsche" they seems to be good, are they? that not to far from teh hotel in case...

Whats in Spalding Drive? is just a Nice Road or is there somthing there?

Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Zookie
Cool thanks for the Info on the Car Wash... I Googled the local Porsche Dealer there "Henessy Porsche" they seems to be good, are they? that not to far from teh hotel in case...

Whats in Spalding Drive? is just a Nice Road or is there somthing there?
Hennessy is the leader around here...

Spalding is just a nice road to drive on... You can always do the Tail of the Dragon as well which is pretty close to here on your way in or out http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by spyderman33
Hennessy is the leader around here...

Spalding is just a nice road to drive on... You can always do the Tail of the Dragon as well which is pretty close to here on your way in or out http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
Yea im taking Dragon on the way in from Knoxville

Old 09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
allenjdmb is on a distinguished road
Hennesy is a great store....

obviously not a bargain shop, but great service. I think the best Porsche store I have ever been to. They can probably help you get your car washed too. There's a bunch of good places to eat all up and around them....

Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
obviously not a bargain shop, but great service. I think the best Porsche store I have ever been to. They can probably help you get your car washed too. There's a bunch of good places to eat all up and around them....
Yes i was cheaking their Website, they seem to be a Premier Dealer... Thanks

Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Bumping this thread rather than starting my own. I'll be coming into ATL for work next week and again the second week of Dec. Looking for some good places to eat while I'm there. I'll be in a rental car so won't be attending any meets or events.

Any recommendations? I'll also be in the Perimeter north/Dunwoody area.

James

Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 AM
JCT Kitchen, Aria (you need to have their short rib-to die for!), Bone's (Steaks), Mckendricks (Steaks), Intermezzo, Food 101 (just ate here last night - Always good).

Those are some good suggestions...

Old 11-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Forgot Chequers on Hammond... Seafood place, also very good.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:47 AM
There are LOTS of good places within...

10-15 minutes of there. Chequers is just OK off the menu, but they do have a fabulous brunch on Sunday. There is a Seasons 52 and a Wildfire Steakhouse (from Chicago), both really good. There's also an excellent Maggiano's at Perimeter Mall, along with some other good chain reastaurants. But if I was going to be right there, my first choice would be Fleming's Steakhouse, which is about 1 minute from the W hotel. Beautiful room, fabulous food and service. They are realitively new to the big Steakhouse game, and do an excelent job. Incredible wine selection too. Also, in Ashford Dunwody, you're only about 10 mintues from Buckhead, and there are plenty of excellent choices there.
If you want a bad meal in Atlanta, you're going to have to work at it.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
Aria, Bones, and Chops are my 3 favorites. If you have a big appetite, Fogo de Chau is a good bet (unless you're a vegan)

Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM
It's just me....

but with so many great steakhouses and other restaurants in ATL, I wouldn't spend any time or money at Fogo. It's OK, but too much feeding trough atmosphere, and they don't even bring you the best cuts until you're too ful from eating the lesser ones. Other items there are pretty boring as well.
There's SO many better places, and many of them have been mentioned here.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:01 PM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
Just my opinion, but I rank Fogo higher than Maggiano's. Matter of fact, I'd rank those nu-way hot dogs higher than Maggiano's.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Folks do love ...

them pink hot dogs!