Tech / How To

Keep the cat off the car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Steve Germany will become famous soon enough
Keep the cat off the car!

Posted Today, 01:11 PM
Detailing the car is catnip. The fuzzy felines love the mirror smooth warm car and will scratch their way to perch on top. Unfortunately the beautifully smooth mirror finish does not allow them to bound up gracefully. Scratching, sliping, sliding, their way to the top of the car is one of the most depressing sights one can see after hours of washing and polishing.

Ruling out pellet guns, hoses, expensive motion detectors, fox/wolf urine (they are hard to catch and they don't cooporate on demand) I think that I have a solution that does not involve any of these and protects the environment through the reduced consumption of burlap.

A large 2 by 2 feet square of HD aluminum foil held in place by four magnets in the roof does the trick. Cats hate aluminum foil for some reason. The sparkley refection, the strange noise and feel if they step on it does the trick. An optional dusting of chili pepper lets them smell the warning way before they even come close since they hate that even more. In addition you now have additional protection from bird droppings. If any one asks why the foil is there you can always hint that it is a radar corner reflector to foil speed traps. More seriously, your neighbors are going to ask "what is that" and you can politely say that it is there to keep cats off the car without bringing it up yourself.

Let me know if it works for you as well as it has for me.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I own all verts. I had to resort to padded car covers, especially inside the garage. The vision of those vermin fluffing up my cloth tops with their claws before laying down and shedding pounds of hair was too much.

Jim

Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
You have ruled out pellet guns, but what about larger calibers?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Old 06-10-2011, 09:05 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
and lets not forget

Old 06-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Hahahhhahhahahaa, make sure you aim right between the head lights. That'll scare the living heck out of the cats! Take that, felines!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thats a bit overkill, Bob

I was thinking more along the lines of:http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...+Assault+Rifle

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Thats a bit overkill, Bob

I was thinking more along the lines of:http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...+Assault+Rifle
Or he could switch vehicles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzi_8Rscfs

Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Great idea, thanks!

So tired of our two cats getting warm on my spoiler/deck area after I come home.. not to mention the footprints on the window - P***y magnet - uh, yeah.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 AM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Cats keep away the mice and Rodents..

Considering my car's engine harness was chewed away from rodents, if I had cats sitting on my ride I don't think these Rodents would come near my baby! Cost $10,000 to fix. If you can figure a way to avoid the scratches then you'll be set. GL

Old 10-15-2011, 04:46 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I use terror and brutality to keep my wife's cat off of my stuff. They say you cannot train a cat, but my iron fist says otherwise.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Savetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud of
I am about to poison 2 damn cats that scratching my car

Old 10-21-2011, 02:31 PM
alexstjo is on a distinguished road
try moth ***** around the car. They smell it and run for the hills

Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Just be careful where you walk with your jug of Prestone. If you are not careful you could spill a small puddle around your car. Hey, things happen, it is not a perfect world.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keep the cat off the car!