Tech / How To

Disable TPMS w Durametric Pro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 05:25 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Disable/Enable TPMS w Durametric Pro

DIY: Disable/Enable TPMS warning on the instrument cluster – FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY.
You can download the PDF version of this here w/ better formatting for printing & readability:
https://www.box.com/s/u4mion8ri4rw3w7phksm

The basic steps to accomplish this task have been posted on rennlist.com/6speedonline – google “Durametric TPMS” and you’re sure to find the original posts. So, I can’t take credit for originality, but I’m merely adding pictures and commentary to the original instructions. It’s been said this works on 997.1, 997.2, 987.1.
The Professional cable is pretty powerful as it offers the owner ability to re-code (i.e., change Porsche factory configurations & settings that may do harm to you and your car.). Hence, this disclaimer: The car owner is solely responsible for their own car. The car owner assumes all responsibility, risks, issues and cost resulting from any modification they do on their own.
The car owner is responsible to make sure their car remains compliant with their local/state/federal laws.

If/when you decide to convert the car back for On-Road Use, you will need to follow the procedure to re-activate/turn-back-on TPMS controller.

Tools:
  • Durametric Professional cable with software version 6.3.1.7 on a computer. The cable is manufactured by www.Durametric.com. I purchased my cable from www.Softronic.us, but there are resellers/distributors everywhere. If you are able to borrow the cable from someone else, offer to buy the guy/gal a beer or lunch or something…b/c the Prof cable is a rather expensive tool. ☺
  • T15 torx key/screw driver
  • 11mm socket

1. Disconnect the TPMS control unit (997 618 103 06) located to the right of the brake booster.
  • Open front trunk and dislodge the weather stripping that seals the front trunk. No need to remove the entire seal loop from the trunk. You will only need to dislodge the upper portion – so, the top and half way down each of the sides (see yellow lines annotated in picture on next page.

• Remove the big plastic cover housing that protects your DVD/CDC/Brake booster. Remove 7 screws with a T15 torx screw driver – circled in red. Also removed the light and also a plastic carpet hold-down (red arrows). The plastic cover will come off as one unit and set that aside.

• The TPMS control unit is the white/grey color box (red box) located next to the brake booster. Use the 11mm socket to remove the plastic nut (red arrow).
  • The connector has a swing arm connection (pretty cool design, btw). You simply need to (1) press down on the small catch tab (red circle), then (2) lift the pink swing arm (see insert).

• With TPMS control unit disconnected, you can put the control unit back on the car & tuck away the cable. That way, you can reconnect these at later time. I am paranoid, so wrapped the (now disconnected) connector cable in a small plastic bag. But that entire compartment is sealed from the element by the weather seal strip you removed earlier.
  • Put everything back together in the frunk is the reverse order.
  • Recoding with Durametric is next.

2. Recoding with Durametric Professional Cable. MAKE SURE YOU BACK-UP THE MODULES BEFORE MAKING ANY CODING CHANGES.
  • Make sure you have comm between the Durametric software to your car by following the initiation procedure from the Durametric. For me (may or may not work for you), it was turn ignition to on position (not start the car), turn on hazard signal (supposedly to keep the CAN bus from going to sleep), plug in Durametric to ODBII, connect USB, start Duramtric software.
  • Go to Instrument Cluster node – Coding – remember to Back-up before making changes.
  • a) Coding – change Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) to Not Installed, and Nominal pressure display (TPM) to Not Active.

• b) Reset the Instrument Cluster node – Command – Send Reset. On my car, this caused the oil gauge to come on to say reading will be done in 60 min (counting down)

• Go Gateway node – Coding – remember to Back-up before making changes.
  • a) Coding – Tire pressure monitor – Not Installed

• b) I exited Durametric and went back later to do a short test to make sure everything is correct.

Last edited by lithium1330; 12-20-2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Updated text this mod is for off-road use only
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This is an excellent post - thank you!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
thank u for the this info. I have a question how do you back up (Go to Instrument Cluster node – Coding – remember to Back-up before making changes.)

Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by avh128996tt
thank u for the this info. I have a question how do you back up (Go to Instrument Cluster node – Coding – remember to Back-up before making changes.)
I don't have the Durametric app in front of me...but you see the tab for Back-up/Restore in the picture above... [Warning] [Backup/Restore] [Coding]. Click on the backup/restore tab and you'll see the backup option. Save the back up to a file that you can find later to do a restore if you need to.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Bill Reynolds is on a distinguished road
Why can't you just set the coding to not look for the TPMS, do you really have to unhook it?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds
Why can't you just set the coding to not look for the TPMS, do you really have to unhook it?
Maybe it'll work... haven't tried it. If you want to try it and report back, I'd be glad to include that info.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:19 AM
egees will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the tip.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
The control units or TPMS in this case have to be removed as the Gateway operates in two basic principles. The first is as how it recognizes installed control units. This is done by a unique code that each unit produces in the CAN lines automatically when it is plugged in and powered up. The second would be the recognition of this manually on the Gateway in these communications as an acceptance of it. You not only have to code it out of the Gateway primarily, yet uninstall it so that it does not find it as an active unit that should be installed as it was found by the Gateway.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winner programmed by Softronic!
Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:10 AM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
Can the TPMS be set to disabled and NPM (pressure reading displayed in the dash?) set to active?

I'm trying to disabled the TPMS warning and idiot lights on the dash when running lower tire pressures BUT STILL KEEP the tire pressures displayed on the dash.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:32 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
QUESTION/ Does the enth. version of the durametric do this also???

Old 03-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
QUESTION/ Does the enth. version of the durametric do this also???
The Pro ver is needed to do the coding/change factory settings. Not the enth ver.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:40 PM
2livefree is an unknown quantity at this point
How come my Durametric Professional interface looks different and I can't see/modify the coding values for the tpms?
TPM module has been disconnected and I tried pulling the instrument cluster fuse for 10 sec. Please tell me I didn't buy another paperweight....
2008 Cayenne 3.6