6SpeedOnline.com needs your help!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Looking at the distance, it would depend on what day we start home.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
I'm soooo excited to go to this event! Thank you guys all so very much for your support and your vote! I'll be heading down on Wednesday. Thursday, I can drive the course (at speed limit) and then Friday and Saturday, the race is one! I'll be headed back home Sunday morning.

Yes! for sure! If ANY one of you guys want to come along, it would be a really fun time to have you there! Imagine, the 6speeders for a weekend in Reno! Fun times would be had! And yes, if Enrique made it, that would be really cool to show even more 6SO support up there!

Can you imagine Tommy and crew down there! WOOOT!!

I'll be posting pictures of the journey down from Seattle as well as pictures of the event and all of the stuff going on in between!

Again, thank you all again! And a special thank you to the 6speed staff and forum for everything. I'm so honored to represent a forum that I am proud to be a member of and I hope to make you all proud!

Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Looking at the distance, it would depend on what day we start home.

That would be sooo cool to see you guys if the schedule works out! I'll be arriving there on Wednesday night and I'll be there until Sunday. The race is on Fri and Sat.!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
I'm soooo excited to go to this event! Thank you guys all so very much for your support and your vote! I'll be heading down on Wednesday. Thursday, I can drive the course (at speed limit) and then Friday and Saturday, the race is one! I'll be headed back home Sunday morning.

Yes! for sure! If ANY one of you guys want to come along, it would be a really fun time to have you there! Imagine, the 6speeders for a weekend in Reno! Fun times would be had! And yes, if Enrique made it, that would be really cool to show even more 6SO support up there!

Can you imagine Tommy and crew down there! WOOOT!!

I'll be posting pictures of the journey down from Seattle as well as pictures of the event and all of the stuff going on in between!

Again, thank you all again! And a special thank you to the 6speed staff and forum for everything. I'm so honored to represent a forum that I am proud to be a member of and I hope to make you all proud!

Congrats Boxstergirl Hopefully we will run into each other over there, and hang out for a bit!

Regards,

Enrique

Old 05-03-2010, 09:53 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
congratulations Jody...I know you will be a fantastic representative for 6 speed and all it's members...plus, I'll bet you have a great time as well...I also hope that Enrique will go ahead and attend/participate anyway and that as many 6 speeders as possible will show up for the event

I'm doing my best trying to attend . I'm leaving my 'stock' suspension behind and doing some minor upgrades Hopefully i''ll meet boxstergirl

Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
I'm doing my best trying to attend . I'm leaving my 'stock' suspension behind and doing some minor upgrades Hopefully i''ll meet boxstergirl
Hey Enrique!

Thank you very much! That would be really cool to meet you! I sure hope you can make it! Keep in touch and let me know!

~Jody

Old 05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah woman!! Nice job..!! Have fun, be safe, and represent the Northwest!!

Bojan

Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Sorry to ask and rain on anyone's parade here but does anyone here understand what type of competition will be at this event?

My concern isn't for Jody winning anything. My concerns are simple. This will be an environment most people on this board won't ever understand. This will be a town full of drivers wanting to prove something. It's not a drive in the mountains guys. It's not a run for Ice Cream. It's going to be an environment that will breed an anxious adrenaline into the best of drivers.

How many have truly driven with Adrenaline? How many have been anywhere close to an environment like this? I ask this because I like Jody. I feel you guys are throwing her someplace almost any driver will or can not be ready for.

If this is truly a goodwill mission for 6SO then I fully agree Jody is a good ambassador.

I can't believe anyone would want her to run this event if they know her. I can't believe anyone would willingly look over the handful of guys that have thrown their hat into the ring that have extensive driving experience and pass on them.

In 5 miles it only takes ONE small mistake in the mountains and we will never see our Jody again. It is extremely hard to not let the emotion of a clock not get the better of any driver. It's extremely hard not to get caught up and push that 1 small bit too far. This isn't an AutoX track with cones and runoff. This race will have a large number of drivers that have hill climbed many times. Raced the Silver State Classic several times etc etc etc.

This adrenaline filled crazy place will be hard not to put the throttle down. It's the American way. It's nearly impossible not to push too hard.

I want to be the first person to Vote NOT for BoxsterGirlie.......I would prefer Jody isn't someone that pushed 1 corner too hard one June day because she wasn't quit ready.

party pooper I don't want to be. voice of semi sanity maybe.

Jody your driving skills and autox skills are tested and I applaud that. I wish you the best of safety on this venture and wish you and Todd would think about it a little more. Also Jody remember your Insurance will not cover you for such an event.

Be Careful if you really do this. I'd prefer to see you and the dog on a Saturday drinking coffee in the future.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I have to agree with Mark too. I'm very excited that you have been chosen for this event but at the same time I am a bit concerned. These guys are not going to be concerned about you. It'd be pretty much every man for themselves and from my own experience driving on the Ice Cream drive, my adrenaline was pumping full bore but at the same time I was still keeping myself in check. These guys as Mark pointed out will challenge you beyond your ability to think/drive. So, please, Jody, take the time to think this thoroughly. I care about you. We all care about you. We want you safe. I don't want to have to hear that something happened to you.

It's for reasons that Mark pointed out, that I've resisted signing up for the Silver State Classic, Gumball 3000, etc. I simply don't think I have the experience for these either. I suspect that you don't either, Jody.

Last edited by atomic80; 05-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:10 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Thank you for this information Mark. I had no idea and I agree with everything you say. We all love and care about our Jody and based on your description, I would not recommend anyone do this. Having just spent the past few months helping my son while he recovers from an accident, it is not something you'd wish on your worst enemy.

Jody, my friend, please be smart and careful in your decisions and/or driving.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I said the same thing several pages ago and was told I need to get laid.........

Go figure, now people with sense are starting to surface. This is not a casual stroll in the mountains.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I said the same thing several pages ago and was told I need to get laid.........

Go figure, now people with sense are starting to surface. This is not a casual stroll in the mountains.
Sorry Heavy I didn't read all of the posts....Just a few and maybe you do need to get laid

If that's the case. I agree with Heavychevy

Old 05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
This is the same reason I asked as well on page 4. What is the intention for our representative? To compete and place high in the standings, or show up and make a good name for 6Speedonline as a whole?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi Guys,

I very much appreciate your care and concern for me out there. I truly do. That's what friends are for. They will tell you how it is whether it's something you want to really hear or not. I do appreciate your honesty about the drive.

I've thought a lot about this drive and I know that don't have professional experience or a car that has even half of the horsepower as everyone elses out there. That's probably a good thing. But I do know that I won't push myself beyond my own limits trying to win something that's beyond my reach. I already know going into this that the chances of me winning are slim to none. My goal is to represent 6speed not by winning, or even pushing myself beyond my limits, but its' to go out there, have a fun time, meet other enthusiasts that are up there, drive the course to my ability, and enjoy the event. I think going up there, the expectation for me to win isn't going to be there so the pressure to go faster won't be there either. I think it's a dangerous course and it's going to be even more so with the driver's that are truly competitive against each other. I know I'm not in that same league as the truly qualified drivers. I'm going to go out and have a fun time and enjoy the event and represent 6speed by supporting the forum, showing they have diversity, and be a girl up there sharing same love of cars they have.

I promise you all, I will becareful. I'm not going to attempt to push myself beyond my limits or even come close. I know you all care very much about me and I would have the same concern for you guys too. I do promise you though, I am going up to have fun and support the forum. Not to try and win and not to feel pressured to get great times and worry that you all won't be proud. I know you guys will be happy if I go up, have fun, represent the forum and come back in one piece! lol!

I agree that one should not go up and throw caution to the wind, get caught up in the moment and risk everything to win. That won't be me. I promise you guys. I'm about the fun and enjoying the opportunity.

PS...yes...I'll keep you all updated. =)

Old 05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
This is the same reason I asked as well on page 4. What is the intention for our representative? To compete and place high in the standings, or show up and make a good name for 6Speedonline as a whole?

Should be the later for many many reasons.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6SpeedOnline.com needs your help!