Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:56 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
OK sharkster, is this what you wanted to see?

That's awesome:P I want that!

PS Did you get my message about today? I'm on wireless here at the doctor's but I'll be home in about 35 mins. So maybe we can still do this at say 10:30-11am instead? Otherwise anytime Monday....

Old 03-26-2005, 08:25 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by fasteddiett
looking good....for a motor that cost more than my gt3

hehe
fasteddie,

The good news is we will have enough extra parts to build three motors.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:28 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
I cant wait until your extra parts hit the for sale forum

Old 03-27-2005, 08:41 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !

This manifold will promote breathing above 4000 rpm's. The design will also initiate a little lag below 4000. This is the purpose of the nitrous pill box and programmer. We haven't worked it out yet, however it will work something like this. At 3000 rpm's it will come on. There is a insertable chip that allows us to come on from 2600 rpm's and up in 200 rpm intervals. The programmer comes on at this point. You can dial any hp shot of nitrous you want. Let's say for a model we enter a 10 shot at 3000 rpm's. Next you enter the time interval to the next shot. Again for demonstration we will use 1/10 of a second. You can use any fraction of a second or a whole number and a fraction. So at this point we would get a 10 hp shot at 3000 rpm's and another 10 hp shot 1/10 of a second later. We then would enter how many times we want this cycle to repeat itself. If we entered 5, then we would have a 10 hp shot entered over five times over half a second time span. It would then hold at a 50 hp shot.

There is also a pill or insertable chip to determine when the system shuts down the nitrous. In our case we intend to shut down the nitrous at 4400 rpm's. We can also shut it down in sequence or all at once. The reason we want to shut down the nitrous at some point is our turbo's will be spooling just fine.

This is going to take a little trial and error as our intent is to boost the power in a very smooth and natural way. Much like a 500-600 hp turbo with a low A/R compressor would come on.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:19 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looks so different to the stock crap Very cool indeed but as you say you're going to need to play with the nitrous to help get rid of lag. Not that it won't be fun doing it:P

Old 03-27-2005, 06:51 PM
cjv
The way it is looking now, all work should be completed by Independence Day.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by cjv
The way it is looking now, all work should be completed by Independence Day.
Well on July 4th we'll have to launch some fireworks in celebration and rechristian her. I'll bring the bubbly!

Old 03-28-2005, 12:53 AM
carnut is on a distinguished road
wow, a couple weeks ago you were looking at a April 1 completion date. Now it's 3 more months. Best of luck in finishing the project; I'm sure you're excited about being so close.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:08 AM
cjv
Originally posted by carnut
wow, a couple weeks ago you were looking at a April 1 completion date. Now it's 3 more months. Best of luck in finishing the project; I'm sure you're excited about being so close.
Carnut,

April 1st was before we realized the Woosner pistons wouldn't work with our cam. The way we figure it now, four weeks to recieve the pistons. One week at S Car Go to pre assemble and teardown. Three weeks at Performance Coatings. One week for assembly and installation. Then three weeks in Southern California for tuning.

This assumes Murphy doesn't pay us another visit.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:14 PM
carnut is on a distinguished road
good luck

Old 03-29-2005, 07:36 PM
cjv
Just another bit of information. The stock turbo rods are about 3 mm longer than the GT3 rods and the GT3 RS rods are about 12.5 mm longer than the GT3 rods. I believe they do this to the racing motors because it changes the angle and allows them to live longer at higher rpm's.

Oh what fun this has been.

Should have some pics tomorrow of our mocked up custom Killer Angel piston.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 PM
longer rods=more torque

Old 03-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by cjv
Just another bit of information. The stock turbo rods are about 3 mm longer than the GT3 rods and the GT3 RS rods are about 12.5 mm longer than the GT3 rods. I believe they do this to the racing motors because it changes the angle and allows them to live longer at higher rpm's.
Sharkster - I was thinking the same thing... longer rods = more torque (stroker), but also because of the greater rod angles, more difficulty running at high RPM. I've heard of 'de-stroking' an engine for better/ more reliable, performance at high RPM. What's your take Chad?

Old 03-31-2005, 05:32 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Longer rods (high rod length ratio) give less cylinder wall side loading and are generally used in engines that develop torque at higher RPM. Short rods rev quicker and develop more low end torque.

Old 03-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
So when is this damn car going to be done already? NASA developed the space shuttle faster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring