Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 03-31-2005, 08:28 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Rave TT
So when is this damn car going to be done already? NASA developed the space shuttle faster.

but,

but...

NASA did not start with a Porsche

Old 03-31-2005, 08:48 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Zippy
Sharkster - I was thinking the same thing... longer rods = more torque (stroker), but also because of the greater rod angles, more difficulty running at high RPM. I've heard of 'de-stroking' an engine for better/ more reliable, performance at high RPM. What's your take Chad?
Zippy,

Longer rods do not equate to stroking. When you stoke the crank the throw gies farther out on one extreme and compresses more on the other extreme. Simply more volume.

Old 03-31-2005, 08:50 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally posted by dpblessing

but,

but...

NASA did not start with a Porsche

Old 03-31-2005, 08:54 PM
cjv
So when is this damn car going to be done already? NASA developed the space shuttle faster.
Rave,

Don't really know of any stone that Murphy has left unturned. Only time will tell. When I spoke to Rob at S Car Go today and explained to him that his good health depended on the car being delivered (finished) by July 4th, he replied that he better get going.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
cjv
Hey,

You guys/gals can really do me a favor. Please e-mail Rob King, the owner of S Car Go Racing. Explain to him how much you would like to see Killer Angel (chad's car) ready to run by July 4th. Please don't forget to emphasize the year 2005. Rob's e-mail address is robking@scargoracing.com

Old 03-31-2005, 10:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Hey,

You guys/gals can really do me a favor. Please e-mail Rob King, the owner of S Car Go Racing. Explain to him how much you would like to see Killer Angel (chad's car) ready to run by July 4th. Please don't forget to emphasize the year 2005. Rob's e-mail address is robking@scargoracing.com
Email sent:P

Dammit you must be missing that car. I remember when we rode in it and dodged that bird how much fun it was back in those days... At least you'll have a couple of different motors so if one doesn't work out to your liking you can use the 3.6l

Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 AM
K24madness is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by cjv
Hey,

Please e-mail Rob King, the owner of S Car Go Racing. Explain to him how much you would like to see Killer Angel (chad's car) ready to run by July 4th. Please don't forget to emphasize the year 2005.
I will do it in person Friday!!!

Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by cjv
Rave,

Don't really know of any stone that Murphy has left unturned. Only time will tell. When I spoke to Rob at S Car Go today and explained to him that his good health depended on the car being delivered (finished) by July 4th, he replied that he better get going.
You are a patient man.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:31 PM
cjv
You are a patient man.
Rave,

I will have some pics of what is going on with the pistons this evening.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by cjv
Rave,

I will have some pics of what is going on with the pistons this evening.
Pistons sistoms, have them finish the damn car already.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:35 PM
cjv
Get a load of these. The one on the left is the Pauter rod designed for Killer Angel. The one on the right is from a GT3 RS.

Could it possibly be that KA's rods are lighter then the Pankl rods? KA's rods have two oil holes on the wrist pin side. Note the journal side, the diameter of KA's is smaller. Note KA's journal bearings are machined for NASCAR oval bearings.

Can you belive with the difference in lenght they are both from 3.6 liter motors. Well almost, KA is has a larger bore and stroke.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
email sent

Originally posted by cjv
Hey,

Old 04-02-2005, 02:14 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Are the GT3 RS rods titanium? The RS motor must have a very short piston height (too short to get enough meat for a turbo motor??).

Old 04-02-2005, 04:12 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ebaker
Are the GT3 RS rods titanium? The RS motor must have a very short piston height (too short to get enough meat for a turbo motor??).
ebaker,

Yes the Pankl rods are titanium. There is not enough meat on the GT3 pistons to use these pistons with any kind of forced induction. In addition, there is not enough meat on the turbo pistons to use with a cam that has similar lift to a GT3 cam.

Now, you understand why Killer Angel requires special pistons with their own unique design. A car that runs like a GT3 only with turbo power and larger displacement. Oh, and if the above isn't enough .............. nitrous when you desire.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:29 PM
cjv
I think we are getting a handle on the pistons. Three engine mock ups and two piston drones from billets later and I believe we got it. I asked Rob to send me a pic of the final piston mock up. Should have it tomorrow. If it arrives I will post the pic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring