The end of driving on the weekend. 09/16/14

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:48 AM
R390Sports1 will become famous soon enough
The end of driving on the weekend. 09/16/14

Beginning Sept. 16, motorists will be required to maintain a 3-foot buffer between themselves and bicyclists when they pass cyclists traveling in the same direction. If not enough space is available, the motorist must slow down and pass "when no danger is present to the bicyclist," according to the California Department of Motor Vehicles

Result.........this will is what will exactly happen.

can't pass them......

I'm for sharing the road but I think it's time cyclist pay like the rest of us to share the road in DMV fees. Also cyclists need to be Licensed and registered like a Motorcycle.

ferrarichat.com/forum/california-nevada-southern-sponsored-fast-cars-ltd/458246-09-16-14-3-foot-gap-between-bike-car-law-starts.html

Old 08-21-2014, 07:31 PM
gregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura about
I'm a cyclist and a Porsche owner. Cyclists and drivers need to use common sense and courtesy with each other. Too many cyclists have been killed or seriously hurt by drivers not being courteous and thinking they own the road. The actions of the few (drivers and cyclists) have required legislation of us all. Bummer.

I am all for cyclists paying their share as long as we get the requisite benefits and protections.

Every special interest in Kalifonia gets something, so how do we get a super car lane for those of us with fast cars?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:05 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
lol i just knew this was coming out of cali.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
3 foot isn't much and if you are passing someone, I wouldn't do so without at least that much.

The problem is that some cyclist ride in middle of the lane, preventing a car to pass. Unfortunately, the law doesn't prevent a cyclist in holding up traffic. This is true with Harley's that ride slow and hog the road.

Cyclists are often hit on city roads rather than back roads. Most cyclists wear go pro now so I would be safe and adhere to the law when passing.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
sorry dude, you are an idiot.
i am multiple porsche owner, racer, and instructor. i am also a cyclist. there are no min. speed limit on that road. cyclist must obey all traffic laws like you do. we get tickets for speeding (on down hills, you will be slower than bikes), run stop lights, run stop sign, crossing double yellows.. why gives you the right to more of the road. if i am peddling at 2mph you will learn to wait until it's passing zone. you should not pass a cyclist on a one lane road no matter how slow he is. how do you like it if i blow by you in my porsche at triple digit one lane zone by out braking you in to a decreasing radius turn just b/c im faster than you? maybe you should tried to ride a bike up 10% grade then you will not have this question or complain. should you like to go fast, take it on the track. no real fast drivers drive on the street anymore. morons do that at speed.

u are assuming cyclist do not own cars? some of us own quite a few and pay way more DMV fees than you can imagine. so what do you mean by cyclist should be paying DMV fees?

how about pedestrians and dogs and horse riders around woodside CA. all paying DMV fees?

Last edited by mooty; 09-01-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:39 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gregp714
I'm a cyclist and a Porsche owner. Cyclists and drivers need to use common sense and courtesy with each other.

Every special interest in Kalifonia gets something, so how do we get a super car lane for those of us with fast cars?
right on. common sense. on uphills i will move right. but i dont need to. a bike is allowed to utilize the entire lane.

dont think cars are always faster. on descend, most cars are slower than bikes in turns. i dont see them get out of my way??

if you use common sense, everyone get along fine.

there is super car lane for those who knows how to drive fast. plenty track everywhere in the country. fast car and fast driver are not the same. most fast cars on track are very slowly driven.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
3 foot isn't much and if you are passing someone, I wouldn't do so without at least that much.

The problem is that some cyclist ride in middle of the lane, preventing a car to pass. Unfortunately, the law doesn't prevent a cyclist in holding up traffic. This is true with Harley's that ride slow and hog the road.

Cyclists are often hit on city roads rather than back roads. Most cyclists wear go pro now so I would be safe and adhere to the law when passing.
heehee, i see you on skyline and hwy 35 often. correct, cyclist do not have to move to the side. i am not saying that's right. some cyclist are morons. but you still cannot pass them without them signaling you. and yes, 3' is min you need to pass them, b/c the wind u create can cause crash. and if you actually ride, you will know that for most mortals 5% is steep, they will weave, as you pass them, they can weave into you. i would be worried if they crash into my 4.0 or scud or cgt and ruin the paint.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mooty
heehee, i see you on skyline and hwy 35 often. correct, cyclist do not have to move to the side. i am not saying that's right. some cyclist are morons. but you still cannot pass them without them signaling you. and yes, 3' is min you need to pass them, b/c the wind u create can cause crash. and if you actually ride, you will know that for most mortals 5% is steep, they will weave, as you pass them, they can weave into you. i would be worried if they crash into my 4.0 or scud or cgt and ruin the paint.
Oh cool. Please say hi or flick light next time! I live close there