996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where is Tom Kerr??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:27 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Where is Tom Kerr??

I didn't see him around here from a long time, where is he or what happened, hope everything is alright!

Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I thought he left this forum along with many major contributors 6 months ago after numerous conflicts with the moderators. Too bad too. They had so much to share. You can reach them on renntrack.com though.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:32 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Tom isn't posting much these days, here on Remntrack. But he's still racing, that I do know.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:18 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VAGscum
I thought he left this forum along with many major contributors 6 months ago after numerous conflicts with the moderators. Too bad too. They had so much to share. You can reach them on renntrack.com though.
I miss old timers like Tom. He was a real asset.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:31 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
I did not know him personally but he was a "BIG" plus for this forum. His experience and multiple modifications to get his car to go faster on the track was valuable for many of us. Plus, he always had good pictures to share and videos....

Old 11-26-2010, 02:14 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpflip
I did not know him personally but he was a "BIG" plus for this forum. His experience and multiple modifications to get his car to go faster on the track was valuable for many of us. Plus, he always had good pictures to share and videos....
Exactly!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
gee wizz he just came to mind last week, was wondering what happened......

Old 11-26-2010, 09:59 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
goes to show you some of the gestapo tactics on this forum drove away alot of good people.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
goes to show you some of the gestapo tactics on this forum drove away alot of good people.
Yeah, I have seen it on other car forums before. The bottom line is as soon as you start letting vendors run a forum, the best interests of the forum members go away. It is also diffucult to be honest about products and vendors if they are the ones paying the bills for the forum. So what is the solution then? Do what some of the Ferrari guys are doing and pay dues for the forum you are a member of?

I think that a car forum should be about helping car enthusiasts out regardless of vendor's feelings. Complete objectivity. I know their were also other issues that drove many of these guys away, but I am not 100% on what they were. I definately see the difference now with these guys gone when it comes to contributing on technical threads. The knowledge base is thinned and now the majority of technical or mechanical input is from vendors. I appreciate that input, but it is hardly objective.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:45 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I was going to blame Internet Brands, but it seems to me that Rennlist has avoided this takeover of Vendors and is an IB forum.

A forum is still only as strong as it's members and moderators. This forum is a product of who's on it. People buy the stuff up and have no standards. So stop blaming the forum. We allowed the forum to be whored out, and have no standards for who joins or is allowed to post. A standard that is upheld by the members who communicate with the moderators.

The 996 TT forum serves as an Off topic forum as well, and it's the most contaminated subsection on this board. Trolls have really downgraded the quality of this board.

But don't point fingers and whine, it's our fault, no one else's.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Well, Mikelly and a few others made several attempts to voice concerns about the issues you mentioned. It didn't get us anywhere. I think the member activities to include people leaving is putting up a fight. This post is evidence of such. But in the end if the moderators are on the vendors side first, good luck with the fight. No whining here. Just an observation based on my experiences.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:10 PM
I am one of those others whose been complaining. But thats the problem, there was only a few guys, and a few guys with no support get ignored. I didn't intend on that to be directed at you personally, I just see more complaining now (like we were doing then) when no one spoke up early on. It's far too late now. 6speed is a cash/advertising cow. Consider it lost. The character of this forum has COMPLETELY changed since it's inception and I doubt is really what the forum was intended to do. Now everything is about money (and 60-130).

Old 11-26-2010, 12:21 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I was going to blame Internet Brands, but it seems to me that Rennlist has avoided this takeover of Vendors and is an IB forum.

A forum is still only as strong as it's members and moderators. This forum is a product of who's on it. People buy the stuff up and have no standards. So stop blaming the forum. We allowed the forum to be whored out, and have no standards for who joins or is allowed to post. A standard that is upheld by the members who communicate with the moderators.

The 996 TT forum serves as an Off topic forum as well, and it's the most contaminated subsection on this board. Trolls have really downgraded the quality of this board.

But don't point fingers and whine, it's our fault, no one else's.

heavychevy, tell me if I did not understand your point about off topic subject. You are against posting anything other than TT related? About half an hour ago I posted a video of "James May at 70,000 feet" from Top Gear and it was moved immediately to the Off topic section. 6speed is sooo big, I rarely go anywhere else than 996TT section. I feel more at home here. And sometimes having different subject, in the TT section, to read about is not so bad to a certain limits....

Old 11-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VAGscum
I'm pretty sure Tom didn't have any problems with any Moderators, Admins, or anyone else on this forum. That was Mikelly.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The character of this forum has COMPLETELY changed since it's inception and I doubt is really what the forum was intended to do. Now everything is about money (and 60-130).
Rather than constantly complaining about how bad things are here, you should probably spend your time over at Rennlist. Sounds like you'd be much happier over there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is Tom Kerr??