I want to be like Ben!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 09:18 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chuck that's great - You are a class act my man

Old 06-07-2005, 09:55 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
very touching...
RIP Ben

Old 06-07-2005, 10:03 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
That's great.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Great story Chuck and a nice tribute to Ben!

JCM

Old 06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Banned
deeroff is on a distinguished road
Fitting Tribute - Nicely done!

Old 06-07-2005, 02:34 PM
khaiser is on a distinguished road
I hope you don't mind, I thought this was amazing, I copied the story from the Memorial Page, it is a story about ben, that was shared from one of his friends. If there were only more people like ben, who were so generous!!! This story just left me speechless.

"this is a story from probably 4 years ago so I may have some details wrong and forgive me if someone already posted it here .....Ben was back in florida I think closing on a house he had just sold there. I think he read in the newspaper a story about a woman who was loosing her house because she could not pay her taxes. Ben actually tracked this woman down and took her to the city hall and paid the taxes for the woman - no questions asked. Turns out this woman was getting scammed on her investments somehow so Ben stepped in and actually made some investments for her basically generating a significant amount of return in a very short time....anyway he did this and then got her out of the investments and never took a thing from this woman in return. That is just the kind of guy Ben was."

Old 06-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Good for you Chuck... these cars are meant to be enjoyed that is what was so great about Ben. I remember he had a friend that he would lend his CS too because the guy was in between cars.

I agree with you that is the kind of guy I want to be! The world would be a better place if everyone had those standards.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:07 PM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Chuck, do not underestimatewhat you did. You didn't just make their day, more likely their week, month, year or even lives. I still remember when I was 5 years old and my dad's friend gave me a ride in his new 911. After that moment, I knew what kind of car I wanted. I still remember every detail of the ride. The road, the feeling sitting in the huge seat and how happy I was after the ride.
What's the meaning of having things if you don't share them with others. Supercar owners like Ben and you change a lot of kids' lives without even knowing it. Drive safe and God bless.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:30 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by dzy
Chuck, do not underestimatewhat you did. You didn't just make their day, more likely their week, month, year or even lives
So true. I remember my first ride in a "modified" Porsche, a 500hp 930 slant nose a neighbor owned back in the 80's. I still think about it sometimes.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
So who is gonna hook me up with a ride in a CS????? LOL

Well I haven't been quite that blessed but I've always shared what I do have. Back in 2001 I bought a new Corvette Roadster and was detailing it in the garage and the neighbor kids come around and are just in awe, just like me, just like when I was a young kid and saw a nice car. I wound up taking them for rides and even let one of my good friends' son drive it. I didn't think much of it until one of them recognized me and told me about going for a ride in the Vette and how awesome that was and how he had shared that moment with his firends and none of them believed him. So much fun......

Anyway, great effort Chuck, we should all be a little more generous with our time and resources, you never know what kind of an impact you can have on people.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 AM
CABRIO C4 is on a distinguished road
Well done.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by khaiser
I hope you don't mind, I thought this was amazing, I copied the story from the Memorial Page, it is a story about ben, that was shared from one of his friends. If there were only more people like ben, who were so generous!!! This story just left me speechless.

Ben is my official hero.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:40 PM
P Lover is on a distinguished road
Awesome story.

In the end, it's the little things that will be remembered the most.

I want to be like Chuck!