Picked up New 991TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:39 PM
mdwac has a spectacular aura aboutmdwac has a spectacular aura about
Picked up New 991TTS

Received my GT Silver/Black TTS today. Only drove 40 miles or so, but here are a few of my impressions. By background, i have had the last few versions of the TT (not S), but got a 991S when they came out. Also have a 997.2 GT3RS

-- Car is incredibly solid/planted. In the same way the 991S is much more so than a 997 (in my view) the TT is vs. its predecessor. I think the extra weight or something of the TTS vs 991S makes this even more so. I realize that is not necessarily a "feature" to others.
-- Power is remarkable.
-- Sound and the throttle off "gurgle" is a huge upgrade
-- CL wheels are too shiny....or dont fit the GT car look of the rest of the car to my taste. I am sure i will adjust
-- I have the GT3RS for when i want the car to feel "mechanical" and "connected". This car doesn't have that. But i can already tell i will drive the TTS 90% of the time. It is a little more of a GT -- but my goodness it is an incredibly capable one. At any moment it feels like you could hit 150MPH in a instance and if you had clear visibility you could handle any surprise headed your way.

Very happy!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:29 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Nice!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:21 AM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
Photos please !!!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:04 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Congrats! +1 on pics

Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
TC M3 has a spectacular aura aboutTC M3 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats !!!!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Mr. Meister is on a distinguished road
Congrats.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:22 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
It might just be me, but from most of the impressions on the TT I've read, I can read "boring" between the lines. Thank you Porsche, for the GT3.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
CTAudiFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ROCK
It might just be me, but from most of the impressions on the TT I've read, I can read "boring" between the lines. Thank you Porsche, for the GT3.
Based on the cars in your stable, I'd agree. But I think that's the point of the car. I would certainly not go so far as to say "boring", but certainly not as hyper as the GT3. It's an incredibly well sorted and high performance GT car that you can drive comfortably to work every day and still drive very hard and beyond most of our limits whenever you have the opportunity. In that sense, and for the proper audience, it's really the "perfect" car.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Badknees is on a distinguished road
Congrats - I'd like to see some exterior/interior shots

Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM
mdwac has a spectacular aura aboutmdwac has a spectacular aura about
I will get around to shots soon, but it is freezing cold here and i am traveling a bunch. But also, there isn't too much unique about the shots. It is GT silver / Black interior.

I recognize that my comments about the car feeling "planted" and solid would lead to the frequent objection that the car is becoming too soft. I appreciate both perspectives (which is why i have a manual shift GT3RS that i will probably never sell) to a degree. But 95% of these cars will never see the track and the road "limits" seem fixed now and to the future. The inevitable progress in technological capabilities is allowing the car makers to push near ultimate performance without making the cars so strung out that they only appeal to a small fringe enthusiast group.

I can't help it...perhaps i am aging....but this 991TTS is more fun to me to drive than the 997.2TT I had, and the 996TT before that. I did have a 993TT at one point (why did i sell?) and perhaps that would be more "fun", but only in a nostalgic, every so often, way. To this guy, the cars are getting better and better!

Now porsche's new pricing techniques....that can get me fired up.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:34 PM
TC M3 has a spectacular aura aboutTC M3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mdwac
I will get around to shots soon, but it is freezing cold here and i am traveling a bunch. But also, there isn't too much unique about the shots. It is GT silver / Black interior. I recognize that my comments about the car feeling "planted" and solid would lead to the frequent objection that the car is becoming too soft. I appreciate both perspectives (which is why i have a manual shift GT3RS that i will probably never sell) to a degree. But 95% of these cars will never see the track and the road "limits" seem fixed now and to the future. The inevitable progress in technological capabilities is allowing the car makers to push near ultimate performance without making the cars so strung out that they only appeal to a small fringe enthusiast group. I can't help it...perhaps i am aging....but this 991TTS is more fun to me to drive than the 997.2TT I had, and the 996TT before that. I did have a 993TT at one point (why did i sell?) and perhaps that would be more "fun", but only in a nostalgic, every so often, way. To this guy, the cars are getting better and better! Now porsche's new pricing techniques....that can get me fired up.

Completely agree with your point of view ! Congrats again !!! And I have zero regrets canceling my GT3 order and gotten the Turbo S