Akrapovic Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 01:56 PM
SpeedyGonzales is infamous around these parts
Akrapovic Exhaust

Hey guys, I wanted to know what you thought about the new Akra slip on for the 991 TT/S. Please leave your opinions

Old 08-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
It costs less than I thought it would so the price surprised me. We ordered one for our car but they are not expected to come in until the end of the month. The link pipes are pretty pricey so we decided to not go with the link pipes from Akrapovic.

As for the performance, nobody has tested one but they are usually pretty honest about the product and all of their systems make reliable horsepower. The quality is always very high and Akrapovic is considered to be one of the best systems on the market. Add to the fact the weight savings that these exhaust systems present and you can probably consider this exhaust the best on the market.

At the new price point I think that they will sell pretty well and I think that the second hand market for selling these exhaust systems will be very good. I would expect that you should be able to get 50% of your money back selling the exhaust used and I would think that all you would have to do is put a post on the forum and it should sell pretty quickly.

With all those things considered, I think it represents very good value.

If you are interested in getting one I would be more than happy to help you out with that.

We are also offering a storage service now for anyone that gets a part installed at our shop. Whether its an exhaust system or a set of wheels, we will store your factory parts for as long as you like or we will store them until the lease is over and put your stock parts back on the car at the end of your lease. We charge a very nominal charge for this service.

Last edited by Staff@WORLD; 08-10-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:44 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
biggest problem is the ugly diffuser that is required.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zerix
biggest problem is the ugly diffuser that is required.
It's optional

Old 08-10-2015, 04:55 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
Originally Posted by PertPlus
It's optional
Any pics of the non diffuser option? Or do the stock tips just bolt on to the Akra muffler?

Old 08-10-2015, 05:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
since you're in miami i'd stop by champion motorsports and check out the tubi race etc... live there on a car.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:07 PM
wch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the rough
Akrapovic Exhaust

Not sure I like the single round tips.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zerix
Any pics of the non diffuser option? Or do the stock tips just bolt on to the Akra muffler?
None so far. It's listed as an optional product on the website and I've had it confirmed from HRE -- their distributor in NA -- that it is. I have the diffuser coming but if it doesn't look good I'm not installing it. I'm on the fence about how it would look on a non-black car.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
It costs less than I thought it would so the price surprised me. We ordered one for our car but they are not expected to come in until the end of the month. The link pipes are pretty pricey so we decided to not go with the link pipes from Akrapovic. As for the performance, nobody has tested one but they are usually pretty honest about the product and all of their systems make reliable horsepower. The quality is always very high and Akrapovic is considered to be one of the best systems on the market. Add to the fact the weight savings that these exhaust systems present and you can probably consider this exhaust the best on the market. At the new price point I think that they will sell pretty well and I think that the second hand market for selling these exhaust systems will be very good. I would expect that you should be able to get 50% of your money back selling the exhaust used and I would think that all you would have to do is put a post on the forum and it should sell pretty quickly. With all those things considered, I think it represents very good value. If you are interested in getting one I would be more than happy to help you out with that. We are also offering a storage service now for anyone that gets a part installed at our shop. Whether its an exhaust system or a set of wheels, we will store your factory parts for as long as you like or we will store them until the lease is over and put your stock parts back on the car at the end of your lease. We charge a very nominal charge for this service.
Wow that's awesome as far as the storage option.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:40 PM
None so far. It's listed as an optional product on the website and I've had it confirmed from HRE -- their distributor in NA -- that it is. I have the diffuser coming but if it doesn't look good I'm not installing it. I'm on the fence about how it would look on a non-black car.
Cool, looking forward to the pics.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:53 PM
SpeedyGonzales is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have any good diffusers for the TTS?

Old 08-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Wow that's awesome as far as the storage option.
Yeah, we thought it would be a cool add-on benefit to our customers. Most people that come to us have a hard time taking there old parts and I can't tell you how many times people regret not saving them at some point down the line. Now for a minimal monthly fee we will store the parts for as long as the customer wants. It's especially good for exhausts and wheels and tires.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SpeedyGonzales
Hey guys, I wanted to know what you thought about the new Akra slip on for the 991 TT/S. Please leave your opinions

If your in Miami were HRE/akra largest dealer we have GT3 were doing full akra with diffusor so you can see quality its amazing right now you can swing by and see in person . Also our 3 sets for 991TT arrive by month end your more than welcome to swing by see installation and listen to them . Email me directly love to help Ben@wheelsboutique.com.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.