Shift Sector Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 02:29 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Good to see you guys out there Adam and Mark! It's exciting to hear your theory on the 60 to 130. That means Nigel's car will be capable of a 4.7 or even better because he was on stock Michelin with his tage 4! The Ford GT was also a blast to watch and hear. I built a few of those with a similar package and they are animals! One of my favorite cars of all time! Nigel has more kids than I do so I know he's a busy man today LOL. He made a thread with cool data and pictures! https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...175-6-mph.html Just to clarify and answer questions here those interested he ran a best of the day for all classes at 175.6 and we were done for the day. I think there was more in it. We also ran a 174.9 and several 173's. Vincent hit 170+ as well with his Stage 4. There was a request to have our power kit verified for cheating and I got to say that was the best compliment ever. After that we picked up 2 mph! He is running a By Design Stage 4 with 65mm compressor wheels built to my specification inside the small stock OEM factory housing! Oh and one of Vincent's friends ran 165+ with a stage 2 running a full Kline Inconel exhaust and IPD! Great day!
Likewise good seeing you and great job out there.

The irony is that the sponsor who called out the turbo was the one who lobbied for adding the "upgraded impeller on stock housing" rule in the first place. Ironic indeed.

Curious I thought Vincent's best was 168.X. How is this car different than Nigel's besides Vincent having 68's?

Old 02-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
No he ran a 170.xx later in the day. He has the 68's yeah. Emre is his tuner. Still working on it. Logs showed room in it for sure so it will be faster

Old 02-28-2016, 03:33 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Congrats on the 167 Adam. Moving out for stock vtg car. You must be stoked.
What was the highest it ran before? I don't remember and not too keen on the 1/2 mile stuff until I started paying attention recently.

Since I couldnt make it and we couldn't get a progressive boost controller last minute I kept my car back. If anyone was going to break sh*t, I would rather it be me. Plus if BBi keeps it any longer I'm sending them a bill

Last edited by ecpChris; 02-28-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:46 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
My 991? It did fantastic. I raced all day on pump gas full tank with 2 gallons of E that's it. With just a Stage 1 tune. No race gas whatsoever. No other mods. I out trapped the McLaren 650 by 2mph and put 6 cars on it. Ferrari F12 was a spec in the rear view. 991 PP tune, Catless exhaust y pipe tied it (terrific race) and had my 220 pound brother as a passenger. For what it is, couldn't have asked for more.
yeah like all your cars, "better with less" lol... That black 991 ran a 165+ later in the day

Last edited by webcarconnection; 02-28-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:21 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Long.... what was your fastest trap and what was Mark Blackwell fastest trap?

Old 02-28-2016, 05:30 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
yeah like all your cars, "better with less" lol... That black 991 ran a 165+ later in the day

The owner is a cool guy. Given the outcome of my race with him with my 991 that doesn't sound right since we were dead even, and I had much more weight in my car. My brother combined are over 400 pounds...the driver and passenger of the black 991 maybe 250 total. That would mean that the black 991 gained another 100 horsepower "later in the day".

Old 02-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Ask Vincent. I don't think stage one can hang with the stage to do you really?

So what did you and Mark trap? That's the indicator

Old 02-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Congrats on the 167 Adam. Moving out for stock vtg car. You must be stoked.
What was the highest it ran before? I don't remember and not too keen on the 1/2 mile stuff until I started paying attention recently.

Since I couldnt make it and we couldn't get a progressive boost controller last minute I kept my car back. If anyone was going to break sh*t, I would rather it be me. Plus if BBi keeps it any longer I'm sending them a bill

lol yeah I went before everything was 100% as well, but I logged every run to get lots of data. I did get a limp mode on each run from a LPFP code but sometimes the limp came early in the run and sometimes late in the run. So I can definitely improve upon the 167.66. Best previous half mile was 164.6.

I had three solid runs. vBox 60-130s were 6.1 - 6.3 and did a couple 139 1/4 mile traps and another 138. Previous 60-130's were mid to high 6's and 1/4 mile MPH 134-136. So definitely shows the potential of the system despite the last remaining issues.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Guys were the quickest 991 traps 157.xxx for Adam's stage 1 and 162.xx for Mark's stage 2+
I think Christie was running 152ish stock?

Old 02-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the Info Sam... 157 for a stg 1 and 162 for a stg 2 sound about right. In my 1/2 mile event the giac stg2 was running 161

Old 02-28-2016, 07:49 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
Longboader, I did 143.xx on stock turbo's. Was you referring to this weekend?

Jeff

Old 02-28-2016, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Guys were the quickest 991 traps 157.xxx for Adam's stage 1 and 162.xx for Mark's stage 2+ I think Christie was running 152ish stock?
Lol I did a couple 160's on solo passes. Most races I had 200+ pound passengers so yeah there might have been a 157 in there.

And the 991 did not have race gas at all. Pump 91 with a little e85.

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2016, 08:04 PM
160 is not 165 lol

Old 02-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder
Longboader, I did 143.xx on stock turbo's. Was you referring to this weekend? Jeff
Hi Jeff sorry I'm not sure what you are asking.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
160 is not 165 lol
Show the slip then.

I can tell you we raced head to head and it was very close race. Too close to call.

For it being so close I can't see how he could have found another 5 mph.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shift Sector Update