Review of Cobb Stage 2 Sam@ByDesign

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:43 PM
rva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond repute
Review of Cobb Stage 2 Sam@ByDesign

Hey guys I just wanted to share my experience so far with my Stage 2 kit that I bought through Sam@ByDesign. My first impression of this kit is that it is fantastic. The torque in the lower power band and the linear delivery of power is second to none in my opinion. I have the Stage 2 tuning and am running the Kilne 70mm catless set up. The exhaust set up is perfect. I was leery about running no cats because I thought it might be too loud to use as a daily driver but Sam convinced me that it would not be and he was right. At idle you can not tell there is an aftermarket exhaust unless you are tuned to listening for the subtle differences. At low rpm's the exhaust is very manageable. It is not until you get higher in the rev range (around 4500) that you really hear the effects and the sound is amazing. The sound is not raw and overwhelming, instead it is a very tuned note and what you would expect from a high-end european sports car. Then there are the lovely gurgles as you down shift through the gears. I could not be happier with the set up.

I plan on going to Stage 4 in the near future to prepare for an upcoming runway event but I just wanted to share my experience so far. Working with Sam@ByDesign has been a great experience. He is easy to get in contact with and helps you throughout the entire process. I have always run into a problem here and there when tuning my previous vehicles and its the support while fixing these issues is what stands out to me. When I went to Stage 1 on my new 991 Turbo S my ECU did not take the tune because of no fault to the accessport or tune. For some reason my car's ECU needed more time than others to complete the install so I was left with a car with no tune(stock or stage 1) and could not move my car. What does Sam@ByDesign do? He sends a technician to me on the next flight available out to my house (across the country) to fix the issue at no charge to me. I could not think of a better example of customer service. The issue was fixed and now we have been smooth sailing through the rest of the stages. I could not be happier with my set up and working with Sam@ByDesign. I would highly recommend him for any of your tuning needs.

I will post dyne results once we get to Stage 4 and results from the runway event.

Hope this review helps.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:46 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Thanks...it does help!

Old 03-08-2016, 01:54 PM
rva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond reputerva997tt has a reputation beyond repute
Also I forgot to put in my initial post but all the products I received were sent to me second day air and he covered all the shipping costs which was great.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thanks for the awesome review bud and your the faith in my representation of the Kline Innovation Exhaust System and Cobb AP Tune! Some of the BEST in the business to work with and it's a pleasure to be their largest dealers!

I can't take full credit on the Cobb love...Huge thank you to Joe Graham (and team), the firmware engineer who came out as soon as we needed him. On a Sunday night flight! It turns out that likely due to a voltage issue (battery charger on a wonky circuit) the flash would keep timing out in the middle. Joe built in recoveries for such issues and I have personally never had a problem. Upon inspection it was a minor thing and he was able to take care of it in minutes. He even updated the firmware with this new random finding even though it may never come up again. Still a 5-6 minute operation and smooth as silk. It is extremely important to me as a business to have that support and be able to give the customer prompt care. But mainly instill confidence. Stuff happens. No pointing fingers, just getting it done!

Thanks for being a great client and I can't wait to have you representing out there with the By Design Stage 4!

Old 03-08-2016, 03:53 PM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future
Something similar happened to me. Tried to install the cobb and it bricked my car. Wouldn't move or start. I spent some time experimenting with different things to get the car to stay on long enough for the uninstall process. Used a similar process to then get it to install and finally apply the tune. What that "process" is I can't remember for the life of me. Once it's installed, changing the tune is quick and painless.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Ooh brick is a scary word with tuning That basically means the ECU is as useless as a brick in the car. It happens with any tuner as I have seen over the years. For various reasons and mostly not even the tuners fault. The customer ends up needing to deal with it. With Cobb there is a lot in the firmware to prevent this and allow recovery in the AP. But if there is an issue (which can happen out of 100's of cars) it's nice to know that the customer comes first and there is support. That I have NOT always seen.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:42 PM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future
For sure! Nobody's fault. I'm sure I would have called you if the problem persisted but I'm stubborn to a fault and tinkered until it came back.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:13 PM
pasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond repute
In the process of going to stage IV. Stage II and III went seamless and the car performance is exactly how Sam described. I also love the Kline inconel exhaust. Today he spent time walking the shop through the process of the stage IV conversion and I have full confidence the car will perform as Sam described.

Stay tuned for results

Old 03-08-2016, 07:04 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Great review OP. Glad you are enjoying.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
Great review! And amazing service from Sam!

We are so glad you enjoy the exhaust and the entire amazing experience this packages have to offer!

Old 03-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Former Vendor
Oh baby...We are about to kick this up a few stages!

Old 03-19-2016, 01:26 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Oh baby...We are about to kick this up a few stages!
Sounds like upgraded turbos to me

Old 03-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Former Vendor
Yeah in the works. 4 sets of cores have been pumping in circulation since last year! Timing worked out perfectly T!