My basic mods and words of thanks.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:25 AM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future

I picked up my car yesterday following the installation of a few components. Before I get to that, I wanted to give major props to a few people:

First and foremost, to Bert Mota at JSS Performance in Mineola. This is a totally hidden gem that I was referred to by two people that had never met each other, and they each had excellent things to say about him. Prices are VERY VERY reasonable; surprisingly so. I took the day off on Tuesday so I could hang out with him in the shop while he did most of the installation. He really made a point of doing a perfect install. Every part was visually inspected several times over, cleaned and reinspected, every piece got installed with factory precision and appearance, despite the fact that he had to modify some things that had fitment issues. He’s got a family shop where it’s him, his son, his wife and his father in-law. Can’t recommend him enough. I’ll stop gushing now. :-P

Next, thanks goes to Sambo_TT. I honestly don’t need to give this guy props since everyone that has had the opportunity to work with him knows the deal already. Regardless, very knowledgeable, quick responses (always), and a pleasure to work with.

Finally, Alex at Tag motorsports. Also very knowledgable, very responsive (on par with Sam), and easy to work with.

My mods are: Ceramic-coated Europipe, AWE Tuning Intercoolers, AWE S Flo intake, Forge diverters, and a Cobb OTS map, soon to be customized by Sam. It’s a shame my Boost Logic Y-Pipe didn’t fit with the AWE Intake, so I’m hoping to work something out with them, maybe a refund - restocking and shipping. *shrug* Still haven’t heard back, so might have to eat the cost. Onwards to some pics…

Old 03-17-2016, 08:18 AM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by verinnal

I picked up my car yesterday following the installation of a few components. Before I get to that, I wanted to give major props to a few people:

First and foremost, to Bert Mota at JSS Performance in Mineola. This is a totally hidden gem that I was referred to by two people that had never met each other, and they each had excellent things to say about him. Prices are VERY VERY reasonable; surprisingly so. I took the day off on Tuesday so I could hang out with him in the shop while he did most of the installation. He really made a point of doing a perfect install. Every part was visually inspected several times over, cleaned and reinspected, every piece got installed with factory precision and appearance, despite the fact that he had to modify some things that had fitment issues. He’s got a family shop where it’s him, his son, his wife and his father in-law. Can’t recommend him enough. I’ll stop gushing now. :-P

Next, thanks goes to Sambo_TT. I honestly don’t need to give this guy props since everyone that has had the opportunity to work with him knows the deal already. Regardless, very knowledgeable, quick responses (always), and a pleasure to work with.

Finally, Alex at Tag motorsports. Also very knowledgable, very responsive (on par with Sam), and easy to work with.

My mods are: Ceramic-coated Europipe, AWE Tuning Intercoolers, AWE S Flo intake, Forge diverters, and a Cobb OTS map, soon to be customized by Sam. It’s a shame my Boost Logic Y-Pipe didn’t fit with the AWE Intake, so I’m hoping to work something out with them, maybe a refund - restocking and shipping. *shrug* Still haven’t heard back, so might have to eat the cost. Onwards to some pics…

Can you share your driving impressions?

Old 03-17-2016, 08:29 AM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gsc
Can you share your driving impressions?
For sure, but not accurately until I put some more miles on it. Picked it up late and haven't had much time to test. My initial impressions: With the mods, but before the tune, the difference was noticeable, particularly at low RPMs. With the Stage 3, which I flashed this morning prior to leaving for work, When the boost comes on you feel it in your gut and get pushed back into your seat, hard. Need to do some road driving in an empty backwoods area to see how predictable the boost is and how linear it feels, but for now I like what I've experienced.

Last edited by verinnal; 03-17-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers bud! Almost there!

Old 03-17-2016, 12:01 PM
adibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond repute
" My mods are: Ceramic-coated Europe, AWE Tuning Intercoolers, AWE S Flo intake, Forge diverters, and a Cobb OTS map, soon to be customized by Sam. It’s a shame my Boost Logic Y-Pipe didn’t fit with the AWE Intake, so I’m hoping to work something out with them, maybe a refund - restocking and shipping. *shrug* Still haven’t heard back, so might have to eat the cost. Onwards to some pics…"

Nice list of mods!Can you please post some pictures of the AWE S Flo Intake...i'm thinking of getting it also (after that theres no other bolt-ons to install, lol)
Thanks, Adrian

Old 03-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I'm also interested in your impression of the sound.

Both the Europipe sound and the S-flo intake sound.

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2016, 11:05 AM
I spent a bit more time in the car this morning, and it's pretty bonkers, even without a custom tune. The stage 3 Cobb map is pretty powerful.

The exhaust sounds glorious. It's definitely an interesting exhaust note. For reference, I have owned an E92 M3 and a Cayman GT4, which are really great sounding cars as stock. The M3 had this very technical sounding exhaust. Not sure how else to put it, but it didn't really do anything on the overrun, didn't open up until 3.5k+, but when it did it was fantastic. The GT4 has the very raw, very loud, very interesting sound. Sound like two unique tones being layered.

The EP is really nice. It's louder at startup than stock, roughly the same volume as stock when idle, but as soon as you rev at a standstill or drive it to RPMs higher than 2k, everything starts opening up very quickly and that's where the magic happens. It's definitely no Lambo or Maserati, but it's not trying to be. It sounds like a tuned, semi-raw but exotic sounding exhaust. I like it a lot. It's loud enough to be heard from within the car, but nowhere near as in your face as the GT4, with the engine sitting behind your butt. I like the EP better than the GT4, and the GT4 exhaust is why I couldn't stand the TTS exhaust. The stock exhaust performs plenty well, but it doesn't really sound like anything special. just a boomy, bass-filled exhaust note, whereas the GT4 exhaust sounded amazing.

I haven't yet noticed any sound that I would definitively say was the result of the AWE S Flo intake. I'm tracking my IATs now so I'll know better after a few days how it looks compared to stock. It's definitely a fine piece of craftsmanship. I don't have any pics because that got installed last, and I wasn't in the shop that day. Sorry about that, I would have liked to see it as well.

Lastly, even though no one asked, I've got to mention the Forge race diverters. I can't tell how I feel about them. Every time, and I mean EVERY time, you come off the throttle at any RPM, you hear a reasonably loud PSSSSSHHHHH sound coming from the divs. It didn't seem like this was as audible outside the car as it was inside the car, but I've only heard it outside the car twice, when my wife drove the car in two passes down our block so I could hear the new exhaust.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:41 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I wonder how much of the blow-off sound is coming from the diverters and how much is coming from the S-flo.

I'm not a fan of the big turbo sounds (we arent driving Evos), but I like the idea of the S-flo.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Thumbs up

Spent quite a bit of time in Sport/Sport Plus today. Had the windows open for a while and I was definitely able to notice more induction noise and turbo whine that is the result of the intake.

The sounds in port plus with stage 3 are pure sex, and the acceleration is almost scary... almost.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hahaha...Almost! Awesome buddy catch up with you shortly!

Old 03-19-2016, 08:56 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by verinnal
Spent quite a bit of time in Sport/Sport Plus today. Had the windows open for a while and I was definitely able to notice more induction noise and turbo whine that is the result of the intake.

The sounds in port plus with stage 3 are pure sex, and the acceleration is almost scary... almost.
Awesome...enjoy the torque... so exhilarating! You are in great hands with SamboTT.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:55 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Congrats! I had my Champion race diverters, my original Europipe and my BMC filter installed at JSS as well.

I love the sound that comes from the upgraded diverter valves but to each his own

Old 03-21-2016, 09:21 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Hats off to you for modifying a new and almost perfect car! Looks great!

Old 03-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Awesome...enjoy the torque... so exhilarating! You are in great hands with SamboTT.
This, I know. Sam has been absolutely excellent to work with. I wonder if he ever sleeps.

Congrats! I had my Champion race diverters, my original Europipe and my BMC filter installed at JSS as well.
I love the sound that comes from the upgraded diverter valves but to each his own
I must say that I've grown quite used to the sounds now and I'm starting to like it. Makes me appreciate all the hard work going on under that hood every time I hear the "Psssssshhhhh"

Hats off to you for modifying a new and almost perfect car! Looks great!
Thanks very much for the kind note :-)