Aftermarket exhaust for 991.2 turboS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Spatia
Visceral - did you try out the Stage 2 Europipe?
Yes. Slightly more quiet than I wanted in late 2015. I understand Steph might have made a few tweeks since then.

At the time both the Kline and Europipe were (and probably still are) the only -truly- drone free option (including the stock exhaust, which drones at 1700 rpm under load). The issue with that is that by notch filtering that drone they also removed much of the "rumble" created by our unequal length manifolds. I was looking for a N/A 911 sound like you might get in a 991.1 GTS (which are damn loud from the factory).

Sam from By Design and the Kline folks let me try something a little louder and either by luck or by skill it has been completely drone-free.

The downside of choosing equal-length headers later though has been that much of the work I did to get the rumble has been lost to the equal-length headers. There's a performance benefit, but the rumble is gone. The plus is that under boost and full throttle it does wake the dead with quite a wail.

I got so good at replacing the exhaust myself that I did the how-to somewhere on this forum. I roughly broke even because until the Kline stuff, everything I bought was used and then re-sold on the market.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:19 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Is there not a Porsche Sport Exhaust option for the Turbo S? The S and 4s and Targa all have that as an option.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:35 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by omegaSMP300
Is there not a Porsche Sport Exhaust option for the Turbo S? The S and 4s and Targa all have that as an option.

turbo and turboS do not have the sport exhaust