VTG 68mm turbos

Old 12-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
we disagree on Dallas

we do and you really haven't presented any information to back up your side of the disagreement besides that the white car launched good on that surface

ever talk to an actual person that actually thinks the world is flat and try to explain to them that it isn't and then they let you finish and then just say "yeah agree to disagree" lol....

i will make one last attempt to explain this to you. this is an airport not a racetrack and these weren't put in for the event, planes are powered by jets and props so they don't need concrete grooving for acceleration traction as that is not surface dependent for them. That is strictly in place to help move standing water - feel free to look this up on you own. Thats why you never see these at a dragstrip starting line to improve 60fts. ask any serious drag racer about launching on these. If you follow road racing you know that an optimal tire for any road racing is SLICK. where its a 100% contact patch for maximum traction, there are also rain tires and intermediate tires that will have grooves to push the water out from underneath the car. in the dry the cars will never be as fast on these rain tires because they have less contact patch. well its the same thing but on the other side of the tire.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

Last edited by Mark @ AIM Performance; 12-10-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
we do and you really haven't presented any information to back up your side of the disagreement besides that the white car launched good on that surface

ever talk to an actual person that actually thinks the world is flat and try to explain to them that it isn't and then they let you finish and then just say "yeah agree to disagree" lol....

i will make one last attempt to explain this to you. this is an airport not a racetrack and these weren't put in for the event, planes are powered by jets and props so they don't need concrete grooving for acceleration traction as that is not surface dependent for them. That is strictly in place to help move standing water - feel free to look this up on you own. Thats why you never see these at a dragstrip starting line to improve 60fts. ask any serious drag racer about launching on these. If you follow road racing you know that an optimal tire for any road racing is SLICK. where its a 100% contact patch for maximum traction, there are also rain tires and intermediate tires that will have grooves to push the water out from underneath the car. in the dry the cars will never be as fast on these rain tires because they have less contact patch. well its the same thing but on the other side of the tire.

the grooves in the concrete surface are for help remove water to increase traction, no matter which of these tires above you have the will wrap slightly around the imperfections of the surface in this case they are grooves that the tire can grab a hold of and pull there way forward, the purpose is the same its traction which is why they use them when you launch your boat and pull it out with your rig and not slide back in the water the grooves give your tire something to bite onto, or landing a plane and its traction yes it will also funnel the water away while providing extra traction. its the same with rock crawling the weight of the vehicle and the correct airpressure the tires will mold around any irregular surface. A grooved surface at a drag strip would tear soft drag tires right off of cars.
See explantion directly below

Concrete should be finished with a surface rough enough to provide good traction, even when covered with algae. We found that a garden rake with the tines bent to curve away from the handle makes a good tool to rake quarter-inch deep grooves into the fresh concrete for traction. The DGIF has recently gone to a “V” groove finish for improved traction.

So the only way to prove it is to run on both surfaces you have a dragy show me what your or 1/8 mile and launch was at Dallas and what was it in florida, Dave ran both events what were both of his, and what about Arky he ran both events show me those dragy times! If you and those guys ran faster/quicker in florida then that would offer real world proof.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Sam,

Since last year, i started to hear and see ugly things which i didnt want to believe.
These should have been exposed long time ago but I waited hoping these ''bad mouthing'' and ''lies'' will be over, unfortunately they didnt. instead increased more.

This is not about some others comments or any other fanboys etc... Its directly related with your own words to people, especially spreading false information to potential customers in the community.

You always publicly state that you dont want this, bla bla bla.....but so funny, you create this drama privately in the ''background'', this is the main problem.
If you want a better community and competition just act accordingly, stand up your words with your actions. Not writing B and then doing Z.
As i said, i dont want to get into deeper of this and make it uglier. You know what you were doing so i think you understood it now.

As far as olive branch goes, i will be happy to accept it, but please refrain from spreading misinformation about me and my company as it doesn't fit into ANY kind of business ethics.

I really hope this mess will be over as soon as possible.

Regarding the Deadspool thread,

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
After I was certain about Egear I chose my position. Deadspool dragy looks off and I can see that.
I'm happy you finally took some time to analyze the data and i think if you had done it sooner this thread wouldn't be going now.
However you chose to initially brush it off and instead blame ''childish, calculated hate'' and ''negative movement'' against you when in fact people only was pointing out something which was VERY odd.

With the GPS performance measurement tools becoming more popular, these comparisons will be more frequent and it would be great if everyone should be more careful about what they post.

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 12-11-2018, 08:05 AM
Spec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond repute
Serous question here .. Is "By design" an actual performance shop? I thought they were a parts retailer? I mean what is actually done in house? Do they have a physical location? Or do they subcontract a local shop to do work??

Old 12-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Makavelim3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spec C
Serous question here .. Is "By design" an actual performance shop? I thought they were a parts retailer? I mean what is actually done in house? Do they have a physical location? Or do they subcontract a local shop to do work??
Yeah, they are an online distributor for performance parts if not mistaken. From what I understand, they source services and products from other well-regarded companies and offer performance packages for the 997/991 TT platform, not sure if they tune in-house or that would be sourced as well. Hope this helps.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:42 AM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
grateful time of year

That was all a bit much for the likes of me but I understand the emotion lol. I will just say that I continue to feel very very blessed to even HAVE one of these cars at all. I have to admit that my life doesn't really revolve around the kind of speed/issues mentioned in this thread but again I totally understand the emotion and can appreciate same, especially from those who have a livelihood involved. As a lawyer, I do like facts.

Although I am deeply thankful for what I have in my little stable, I am a Billion times more grateful for all the non-material blessings over my life. And I can't post any speed documentation but I can tell you that I provided debt free post-graduate Ivy educations to all my kids...that has given me more satisfaction than anything else period (can you tell I am old?!). So, no exotics for me haha.

All in good perspective---carry on gents and thanks for the lively and very passionate conversation and discussion--that is what makes this a great place for exchange of ideas and information.