997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another 68mm Billet VTG Build -- GT2 !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Another 68mm Billet VTG Build -- GT2 !!

We normally have a constant stock of 65mm and 68mm Billet VTG turbos for the 997TT in order to reduce wait times for our customers. Well now GT2 owners can also take advantage of our "no-wait" turbo upgrades, since we're now stocking our 68mm GT2 Billet VTG upgrade as well!

So, on to the fun stuff. After spending a few weeks in his 997.1 Turbo Cab equipped with our full 68mm VTG turbo package, a customer of ours decided it was time to bring in his GT2 for some upgrades. Well....a few upgrades quickly turned into a full build! You can't have a tiptronic turbo cab that's faster then your GT2, right?? Everyone should have 2 700 whp 997's.

So here she is after arrival yesterday. The build will include our 68mm Billet VTG Turbo's, Champion exhaust manifolds, intercoolers, carbon y-pipe, GIAC programming, Tubi race exhaust, etc etc. Based on our last GT2 upgrade which used our 65mm Billet turbos (which made 688whp), we're expecting somewhere north of 700whp for this one.

Stay tuned, I'll update this post regularly with pictures, info, and dyno sheets as soon as I have them.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
here we go, don't even have car back and you guys are already stepping up game...lol!!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
here we go, don't even have car back and you guys are already stepping up game...lol!!!!
hehe....that's what we do.

As soon as Louis is available I'm gonna give you a call so we can give you final #'s on your beast. She's all done.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Waiting...

Old 02-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor
OK...here's a quick update. We strapped the GT2 to the dyno this afternoon to get some baseline numbers. Results were extremely consistent and pretty impressive considering this car is completely stock. No chip, no exhaust, nothing. Here's a quick video and dyno sheet.

Engine's being dropped right now...more updates tomorrow before the end of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLj5F9u6gok

Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor
And......about an hour and a half later, engine's out.

Now the real fun begins. Stock parts come off tomorrow morning to make room for all the new go-fast stuff.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I never get tired of looking at 997's on the lift and engine out, the are just mechanical art!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TestJet
I never get tired of looking at 997's on the lift and engine out, the are just mechanical art!
haha, you'd love it here then. I don't think a day's gone by over the past few months that there's not a 997TT engine on a stand. And when all else fails, we've got this one in our showroom...lol

Old 02-24-2011, 04:45 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
Waiting...
May friend , your car definitely is in the right place and in the right hands, congratulations.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
Are the 68 mm turbos the same ones you use one the 997 tt kit? Or is it special for a gt2. Is this new? I'm curious because I have your 68 mm turbo package on my gt2 that I bought in December. Is it outdated already....

Last edited by gt2urbo; 02-24-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gt2urbo
Are the 68 mm turbos the same ones you use one the 997 tt kit? Or is it special for a gt2. Is this new? I'm curious because I have your 68 mm turbo package on my gt2 that I bought in December. Is it outdated already....
The only thing that has changed is that they are tweaking the tune for more power!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
yellow gt2.. mods... engine out... what's not to love?!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Tom

Your shop must have the engine out process to a fine art.

Beautiful looking turbos.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by skeeter
The only thing that has changed is that they are tweaking the tune for more power!
Not quite....this GT2 is actually the first one to receive our 68mm Turbos. The previous GT2 we built got our 65mm versions. That car made 688whp.

997 GT2 with 65mm Billet Turbo Upgrade.

Originally Posted by sharkster
yellow gt2.. mods... engine out... what's not to love?!
hehehe...I'm sure you've seen your fair share too.

Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
Tom

Your shop must have the engine out process to a fine art.

Beautiful looking turbos.
I think this one came out in about an hour and a half, maybe a little less.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 AM
hjacobs2000 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Not quite....this GT2 is actually the first one to receive our 68mm Turbos. The previous GT2 we built got our 65mm versions. That car made 688whp.

997 GT2 with 65mm Billet Turbo Upgrade.

hehehe...I'm sure you've seen your fair share too.

I think this one came out in about an hour and a half, maybe a little less.

Tom,

Pretty soon even you'll be able to pull the engine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another 68mm Billet VTG Build -- GT2 !!