anyone go from tts to 720s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 05:49 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by C4SxM5
I’ve just made the move to a 720s from a decade of Porsches starting with a C4S and ending with a 17 TTS and several CTT and Panameras in between.

To keep it simple, I just got bored of the Porsches. Every MY I upgraded to didn’t feel much different and the last TTS i purchased was $200k+ and really didn’t give me the thrills/looks/performance I felt I should have received for that price range. Starting to look at the 488s and figured it was time to upgrade to the exotic market but just couldn’t find the perfect 488. Ended up finding the perfect 720s for me and no regrets.

I will definitely get another Porsche in the future but just had to get the exotic bug out of my system. Let me know if you have any other questions but if you have the means to make the change do it and go back if you want to.
Very cool Line of cars and ownership history ! Hope you enjoyed Porsche and will enjoy McLean, fantastic company and engineering masters.

* See you in a few months in "Came back, there is no substitute" thread

Old 07-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Just mod what you have bro!

Old 07-08-2019, 06:51 PM
8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Payam
Crazy is right!! I didn't think anyone could top Dave to be honest. Time for him to get larger turbos and take the record back!
Stay tuned. I do still have the world record in the 1/2 mile, though.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:11 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Dave B

Originally Posted by 8SECDD
Uh oh something is cooking! goin bigger turbos?

Old 07-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Payam is just really nicePayam is just really nicePayam is just really nicePayam is just really nicePayam is just really nice
Of course, you know me Dave

Old 07-09-2019, 08:22 PM
8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by arjayr33
Uh oh something is cooking! goin bigger turbos?
"The suspense is terrible. I hope it lasts..." -***** Wonka

Old 07-22-2019, 04:21 PM
SmokinV10 is on a distinguished road
I have both a 991 TT and a 720s. The 991 is my daily. There is no comparison between the two cars. 720s is in a completely different league.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:26 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SmokinV10
I have both a 991 TT and a 720s. The 991 is my daily. There is no comparison between the two cars. 720s is in a completely different league.

In terms of???

Speed / acceleration, obviously.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Big Swole
In terms of???

Speed / acceleration, obviously.
I'll race his 720s.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
I'll race his 720s.

Me too, I have several of them under my belt

Manuel

Old 07-22-2019, 10:23 PM
I'll race his 720s.
How is it better? It’s better on nearly everything. The positives span from the dealer experience all the way to virtually every aspect of the car. No dealer games for allocation. I’ve had two (certified pre owned 650s and new 720S) and I guaranteed allocation for a 7XXLT. Want some accommodations for Monterey car week and the dealer takes care of it. Was interested in a pre owned Bentley and they gave it to me for a weekend. Just takes service to a whole new level. The cars are special. Look at a mclaren carbon roof, hood, engine cover or air brake. The carbon is flawless with special attention to detail such as running a v-shaped break right down the middle of the car. The paint work is second to none. I’d argue that their paints are better than anyone’s - just take a look at their volcano colors and then compare them with Ferrari’s three stage paints. No comparison. Styling is subjective but it’s bolder and just plain special. The tear dropped fighter jet cockpit is gorgeous and then there’s the doors. Only Keonigsegg makes a better door. Seating position is the best of any car other than their 25+ year old F1. Performance? Stock for stock nothing this side of $1m will touch it. Review after review the 720S demolishes everything.

If some here are going to argue that their heavily modded 997s or 991s are faster that sounds like an argument from the f body or mustang forum. If we want to talk about modded cars, then go pick up a UGR huracan. You’d be king until the guy with a fox body mustang runs a 7 sec quarter. There’s always another modded car that’s faster than a stock car. Comparing modded to stock isn’t a reasonable litmus. If you were to do that, then every guy who throws down for a Pagani Huayra or a Keonigsegg jesko is a fool. Comparing modded cars, can anyone’s TTS run a low 9 with a 150+ trap with just downpipes and a tune? The 720S can.

The 991 is more reliable. It doesn’t have any odd ball software quirks that require you to open the door, close the door and lock the car and reverse that process before starting it. Happens every now and then for mclaren but the 991 runs without skipping a beat. The 991TT is a fantastic fun car but its a dog compared to the 720S and not just in a straight line. Also the 991- as good as it is, is somehow more boring. It’s not just the speed, it’s the aggregate of the experience. A MUCH better comparison is a GT2 RS vs 720S. If I had to pick personally still pick my 720S for some of the reasons above. On the other hand the GT2RS will undoubtedly depreciate less and be a better track day weapon.

Last edited by SmokinV10; 07-22-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:45 PM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
How is it better? It’s better on nearly everything. The positives span from the dealer experience all the way to virtually every aspect of the car. No dealer games for allocation. I’ve had two (certified pre owned 650s and new 720S) and I guaranteed allocation for a 7XXLT. Want some accommodations for Monterey car week and the dealer takes care of it. Was interested in a pre owned Bentley and they gave it to me for a weekend. Just takes service to a whole new level. The cars are special. Look at a mclaren carbon roof, hood, engine cover or air brake. The carbon is flawless with special attention to detail such as running a v-shaped break right down the middle of the car. The paint work is second to none. I’d argue that their paints are better than anyone’s - just take a look at their volcano colors and then compare them with Ferrari’s three stage paints. No comparison. Styling is subjective but it’s bolder and just plain special. The tear dropped fighter jet cockpit is gorgeous and then there’s the doors. Only Keonigsegg makes a better door. Seating position is the best of any car other than their 25+ year old F1. Performance? Stock for stock nothing this side of $1m will touch it. Review after review the 720S demolishes everything.

If some here are going to argue that their heavily modded 997s or 991s are faster that sounds like an argument from the f body or mustang forum. If we want to talk about modded cars, then go pick up a UGR huracan. You’d be king until the guy with a fox body mustang runs a 7 sec quarter. There’s always another modded car that’s faster than a stock car. Comparing modded to stock isn’t a reasonable litmus. If you were to do that, then every guy who throws down for a Pagani Huayra or a Keonigsegg jesko is a fool. Comparing modded cars, can anyone’s TTS run a low 9 with a 150+ trap with just downpipes and a tune? The 720S can.

The 991 is more reliable. It doesn’t have any odd ball software quirks that require you to open the door, close the door and lock the car and reverse that process before starting it. Happens every now and then for mclaren but the 991 runs without skipping a beat. The 991TT is a fantastic fun car but its a dog compared to the 720S and not just in a straight line. Also the 991- as good as it is, is somehow more boring. It’s not just the speed, it’s the aggregate of the experience. A MUCH better comparison is a GT2 RS vs 720S. If I had to pick personally still pick my 720S for some of the reasons above. On the other hand the GT2RS will undoubtedly depreciate less and be a better track day weapon.
None of this sums up to the 720 being a "different league". 3 quarter of what you wrote hardly has to do anything with the car.
It's sums up to the fact that the 720 might have slightly better performance with the right driver (well, its 50% more in base price, it should) and that it has cool doors (like the BMW I8?)

You are right, it should be better comparison with the GT2RS, but not because the 720 is or will ever be the monster and significant (to the all car industry) car the GT2RS is but because of the price. Now, when comparing the pair's performance.. well the GT2RS is more than 20 (!!) second faster on the ring.

And for the summery, let's just remember (according to Porsche themselves) the GT2RS is a lightweight modified TTS. Well, so What league are we now?

Old 07-23-2019, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by sniry12345
None of this sums up to the 720 being a "different league". 3 quarter of what you wrote hardly has to do anything with the car.
It's sums up to the fact that the 720 might have slightly better performance with the right driver (well, its 50% more in base price, it should) and that it has cool doors (like the BMW I8?)

You are right, it should be better comparison with the GT2RS, but not because the 720 is or will ever be the monster and significant (to the all car industry) car the GT2RS is but because of the price. Now, when comparing the pair's performance.. well the GT2RS is more than 20 (!!) second faster on the ring.

And for the summery, let's just remember (according to Porsche themselves) the GT2RS is a lightweight modified TTS. Well, so What league are we now?
I get it. You’re a brand loyalist.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:51 AM
I get it. You’re a brand loyalist.
Please refer to the facts.. they written clearly- 1. Cool I8 doors does not rising the car a league, 2. slightly better performance from a 300K + car vs 190K, same. 3. There is another NONE MODIFIED Porsche which is cheaper and is not only better and faster than the 720, it's the fastest stock car on the planet (2RS of course).

Old 07-23-2019, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by sniry12345
Please refer to the facts.. they written clearly- 1. Cool I8 doors does not rising the car a league, 2. slightly better performance from a 300K + car vs 190K, same. 3. There is another NONE MODIFIED Porsche which is cheaper and is not only better and faster than the 720, it's the fastest stock car on the planet (2RS of course).
But this thread isn’t about a gt2RS vs the 720S. It’s about the tts. I gave the GT2RS a nod on its track worthiness above. There is nothing “slight” about the performance difference between a stock tts and stock 720S. I own both cars, do you? Both great cars but have you even driven a 720S? The gt2RS is a phenomenal car but it isn’t the fastest on the planet. If you’re using Nurburingring times, the SVJ has that title. Also it should be noted that McLaren and Ferrari do not have factory sponsored efforts at the Nurburingring.

Last edited by SmokinV10; 07-23-2019 at 07:58 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone go from tts to 720s?