anyone go from tts to 720s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 08:09 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Wasn't this whole thread about considering moving to 720 S? How do 6speed threads end up going down so many rabbit holes with everyone trying to defend what they own. Makes me tired.
We have someone here that owns both cars and others who don't are trying to convince him he must be wrong or insert a GT2 that was never part of the thread.

Last edited by Jersey Shore; 08-24-2019 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:56 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
Wasn't this whole thread about considering moving to 720 S? How do Rennlist threads end up going down so many rabbit holes with everyone trying to defend what they own. Makes me tired.
We have someone here that owns both cars and others who don't are trying to convince him he must be wrong or insert a GT2 that was never part of the thread.
The 2RS came in after the absurd claim "there is nothing in this side of a million dollars that can preform like the 720". Well, there is. and it's a tricked up turbo S in the price of the 720 even after premium.

The fact that one owns both cars doesn't give him or her the stamp of being the rightful authority to the subject. In fact, it means nothing as most of factors discussed are subjective. What's objective is performance numbers. And performance per-se, the 720 grant no advantage on the turbo S, let alone on the 2RS.

Last edited by sniry12345; 08-24-2019 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:10 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
These are two such different cars. The 911 is a wolf-in-sheeps-clothing with an emphasis on luxury interior, practicality and the usability of all-day, any-day, reliable performance.

The 720S is a supercar, built primarily to be an alpha dog on the race track and is about as practical on the street as a superbike.

They're worlds apart in demographics, it's only the people interested in straight-line speed that really rate the 720S. Even the 911 is hard to use its performance anywhere but a track, the 720S just takes that even further.

Buy what you like. I would only take a 720S if I could keep the 911.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:34 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sniry12345
The fact that one owns both cars doesn't give him or her the stamp of being the rightful authority to the subject. In fact, it means nothing as most of factors discussed are subjective. What's objective is performance numbers. And performance per-se, the 720 grant no advantage on the turbo S, let alone on the 2RS.
I don't know - I kind of value the subjective impressions of someone who owns both cars over the subjective impressions of someone who owns neither. But that's just me. The OP didn't ask for objective measurements. He was asking a specific question for specific feedback. But go ahead and be the expert for him.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:14 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Now that seems to make sense. Imagine that getting real info from someone who owns both on 6speed or Rennlist vs just rants about why their car is better. How refreshing.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:12 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
A 720 will walk a Turbo S AND a 2RS period! As far as them being not usable, that’s soooooo far from the truth. All my Mclaren’s have been very docile street cars... in fact, I’d venture to say they’re the most comfortable car I’ve owned. Put them in track mode and it’s a monster.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:30 PM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
A 720 will walk a Turbo S AND a 2RS period! As far as them being not usable, that’s soooooo far from the truth. All my Mclaren’s have been very docile street cars... in fact, I’d venture to say they’re the most comfortable car I’ve owned. Put them in track mode and it’s a monster.
Will "walk" it? well, it probably stop on the way to look at some flowers because it has an extra 20+ second "walk" till it gets to the 2RS resting in the end on the ring.
And here are some more lap results

To emphasizes how long are 21 seconds on the ring, capture this- the Tycan (4 door electric sedan) just laps the ring in 720S time + 30 sec. It's walking alright ..

Old 08-27-2019, 07:28 AM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sniry12345
Will "walk" it? well, it probably stop on the way to look at some flowers because it has an extra 20+ second "walk" till it gets to the 2RS resting in the end on the ring.
And here are some more lap results

To emphasizes how long are 21 seconds on the ring, capture this- the Tycan (4 door electric sedan) just laps the ring in 720S time + 30 sec. It's walking alright ..
Well those lap times seem to seal the deal
99 has stars in his eyes obviously and was not aware of the 21 second deficit At the ring

Old 08-27-2019, 08:05 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, you guys win! Porsche is the best car ever!! Fastest, prettiest, most luxurious, most reliable, perfect car ever built. Some people’s kids. 🙄

Old 08-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Tough crowd.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:20 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Happy ending!

Old 08-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Beat someone down till they agree Porsche is king. Happy ending?

Old 08-27-2019, 08:57 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Both great cars. I am a Porsche guy but it is hard to deny the 720s is a hell of a car. I see the depreciation of the 720s and I would think the GT2 will hold up better over the long term.

Just wondering.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:02 PM
8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !8SECDD Is a GOD !
Buy a used 991, send it to AIM Performance for an ES850 package. Smoke the 720S in the 1/8th, 1/4, 1/2, any roll, and any road course for half the price.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Yeah, you guys win! Porsche is the best car ever!! Fastest, prettiest, most luxurious, most reliable, perfect car ever built. Some people’s kids. 🙄
Not a very mature way to handle bold prof.. well..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone go from tts to 720s?