PDCC on the 991... A must have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
PDCC on the 991... A must have?

What is everyone's thoughts on PDCC on the 991? Is this a must have option as many say it is on the Panamera and Cayenne?

Old 09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I have no doubt that it is noticeable, but frankly don't think the 991 needs this type of additional handling/sway control as much as the larger Panamera/Cayenne as the center of gravity is much lower.

This is one of those options that I might consider if I were building a car for track use, or just going all out. Otherwise, I seriously doubt it would make a dramatic difference in my daily driving around town. It might improve those backroad drives, but I don't get a chance on those enough to justify the added $$$.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:31 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Must have if u want the best in dynamics.
Autobild testers said, it makes the car much more balanced, more predictable, less nervous (at higher speeds) and because of the PDCC the PASM works even better now which adds to the dynamics and comfort.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:14 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LakeShow41
What is everyone's thoughts on PDCC on the 991? Is this a must have option as many say it is on the Panamera and Cayenne?
I was playing with this idea in the Panamera for a long time. Then realised that it is not about the PDCC, its what comes with it.

The PDCC in the Panny and Cayenne include Porsche Torque Vectoring and that, my firend, is an excellent feature. Road holding especially on wet/icy roads and acceleration out of corners is significantly better (or so they say).

In the Cayenne the PDCC itself is important, in the Panny and 911 I think not. Stiffer suspension does the same thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0CjLsNitM

Old 09-05-2011, 09:06 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
I'm looking forward to some independent reviews backed up /w data. Unfortunately, it's too early for that yet so all we can do is guess. It's a lot of extra money to spend and you can get a set of Motons for about the same -- so it will need to be very good to justify the cost. Also, keying off of what dallas said, it will need to be something I can appreciate on the street -- not just the track.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rja
I'm looking forward to some independent reviews backed up /w data. Unfortunately, it's too early for that yet so all we can do is guess. It's a lot of extra money to spend and you can get a set of Motons for about the same -- so it will need to be very good to justify the cost. Also, keying off of what dallas said, it will need to be something I can appreciate on the street -- not just the track.
This option is discussed at length in the Panamera section . So far it's the only street car Porsche offws with it to the masses . I tend to be skeptical of journalist data using cars which might have been hand picked for testing .

Old 09-05-2011, 10:34 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rja
Moton went out of biz, they will resurface as another company soon.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
What is the cost of this options going to be? I am curious to read reviews on a car with and without it.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
What is the cost of this options going to be? I am curious to read reviews on a car with and without it.
PDCC cost $ 3,160

Old 09-07-2011, 08:51 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by exponential
PDCC cost $ 3,160
i think i may pass on this option.....