OK, so a few complaints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 02:39 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
OK, so a few complaints

I love this car, but I do have a few complaints...

The iPod interface. There is no regular iPod cable to plug in...you can only use USB. I understand the USB is probably a touch better quality, but you're exercising the iPod's battery with another recharge and also using the car's battery more.

The automatic headlights. If I wanna just drive with the low beams on, you have to switch from 'off' through the auto position, which could turn the headlights on, on the way to the low beam setting.

I guess if I had to do it over again, I'd get the Burmester sound system. The Bose is just okay to me. I'm not really complaining about this though since I had Bose on my previous two Carreras, Boxster, and Cayenne. Just an observation.

No complaints about PDCC, PASM, PDK, or anything else performance-related. Just a great car.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
I regret not getting three things: The Burmester, ventilated seats, and adaptive sports seats.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I do love my 18-way adaptive sport seats...always wanted 'em. And yeah the ventilated seats are a nice touch for sure, especially in a black interior like mine.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:13 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
I am actually pleasantly surprised by the bose, much better than the 997's bose
(surround on, minus 1 base, plus 1 treble, fade 2 to the rear are my settings. And god forbid never ever use linear, lol). But yeah, I know the burmester is phenomenal.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
What do you mean by "regular iPod cable"? I think the USB port is much more versatile... You can plug in an iPhone, android phone, or USB drive. If you have an iPhone, just use the cable that came with the phone (I bought a spare). And now with the new cable for the iPhone 5, you don't have to worry about compatibility issues as you can just plug in the new one. And I actually like the fact that it charges the phone when you plug it in; no need to get a separate charger that plugs into the 12 V and sticks out like a sore thumb. I do wish they put the USB port in the center console instead of the glove compartment though...

I agree with you on the headlight ****: they probably should've swapped the auto and off positions.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
I am actually pleasantly surprised by the bose, much better than the 997's bose
(surround on, minus 1 base, plus 1 treble, fade 2 to the rear are my settings. And god forbid never ever use linear, lol). But yeah, I know the burmester is phenomenal.
I didn't get the Bose because I was so disappointed with the Bose on my 2009 C2S. I think the base with HD is better than the old Bose, but the car is quieter, allowing one to hear it so that may be part of the issue.

ChuckJ

Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ww007
What do you mean by "regular iPod cable"? I think the USB port is much more versatile... You can plug in an iPhone, android phone, or USB drive. If you have an iPhone, just use the cable that came with the phone (I bought a spare). And now with the new cable for the iPhone 5, you don't have to worry about compatibility issues as you can just plug in the new one. And I actually like the fact that it charges the phone when you plug it in; no need to get a separate charger that plugs into the 12 V and sticks out like a sore thumb. I do wish they put the USB port in the center console instead of the glove compartment though...

I agree with you on the headlight ****: they probably should've swapped the auto and off positions.
Agree 1000% re: the "regular iPod cable". USB autoconnects with a higher quality sound interface and charges at the same time. Read your manual, it works great.

I don't understand the complaint about auto headlights. It works great. Don't know why anyone would not want to use it or just use low beams. Daylight Running Lights is a great safety feature, especially to warn oncoming cars if you are moving towards them faster than they might otherwise think you are.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
I do wish they put the USB port in the center console instead of the glove compartment though..
This is wired into the glove box USB port:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2348_zps6c5adff8.jpg
Views:	1244
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	237069   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2342_zps6a4538a3.jpg
Views:	1472
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	237070   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2345_zpsff5282f0.jpg
Views:	1190
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	237073  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:13 PM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
This is wired into the glove box USB port:
TT, that looks sharp. what's the make/model of your phone stand?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
That's a nice setup, TT.

Regarding the auto setting of the headlights, sometimes I don't want it to turn on, such as when I'm pulling into my garage during the daytime. From what I've read, xenons have a limited number of on/off cycles. Seems kind of wasteful to use some of them needlessly when pulling into your garage, entering a short tunnel, etc.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
That's a nice setup, TT.

Regarding the auto setting of the headlights, sometimes I don't want it to turn on, such as when I'm pulling into my garage during the daytime. From what I've read, xenons have a limited number of on/off cycles. Seems kind of wasteful to use some of them needlessly when pulling into your garage, entering a short tunnel, etc.
Tend to agree with you. That is why I keep my lights off and turn it on when I need to.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chance6
I love this car, but I do have a few complaints...

The iPod interface. There is no regular iPod cable to plug in...you can only use USB. I understand the USB is probably a touch better quality, but you're exercising the iPod's battery with another recharge and also using the car's battery more.

The automatic headlights. If I wanna just drive with the low beams on, you have to switch from 'off' through the auto position, which could turn the headlights on, on the way to the low beam setting.

I guess if I had to do it over again, I'd get the Burmester sound system. The Bose is just okay to me. I'm not really complaining about this though since I had Bose on my previous two Carreras, Boxster, and Cayenne. Just an observation.

No complaints about PDCC, PASM, PDK, or anything else performance-related. Just a great car.
Don't understand the ipod interface issue, USB is the standard connector with the now older ipod connector.

As for the auto headlights, i actually like that one and in the evening if I want to see more the full beams are glorious (obviously with no on coming traffic ).

I have the Bose system and so far so good. For sure the Burmester is a good system but it was a bridge too far for me.

I am sure after a few months I will have some complaints but I am still a relative newbie.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by tahoe_joe
TT, that looks sharp. what's the make/model of your phone stand?
The base is from ProClip. The iPhone 5 holder is from Kuda.

To mate them together takes some creative grinding of the Kuda iPhone 5 holder with a Dremel to make the bottom flat. Then bolting the two together with 6MM nuts/bolts.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
My long term mileage was running 23.5 after 5,000 miles and then the other day I looked and the silly thing was indicating 99.9. Has anyone else had this problem?

ChuckJ

Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Call 991 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
My long term mileage was running 23.5 after 5,000 miles and then the other day I looked and the silly thing was indicating 99.9. Has anyone else had this problem?

ChuckJ
Yes, it's happened multiple times. Not sure what's going on, I've just been re-setting it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OK, so a few complaints