Supercharged M3 vs. new 991 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:15 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Just think, the base car is faster than the turbos in the early 90s! And gets double the gas mileage.

ChuckJ

Old 08-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Team Plutonium, do you write for a living? If not, you should! Love to read your posts!

Old 08-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Team Plutonium, do you write for a living? If not, you should! Love to read your posts!
Thank you for the very kind words.

I only write code for a living, and English is actually my second language (I'm German), hence some misplaced symbols and characters.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Really? I never picked up on that! How long have you been speaking English? Long enough that you think in English? You've definitely got a way with words...

Old 08-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
M3 vs 991 C2S

I traded my 2007 997 C4S for a 2011 M3 with competition pack due to the greater low end torque. After 3 years the clutch was still driving me nuts in the M3. BMW warrantees the clutch and puts a clutch delay valve into the car to prevent user abuse. It makes using feeling the grabbing point impossible to get a handle on. You can take it out but that voids the warranty.

I got fed up with the clutch in my M3 and traded it for a 2014 C2S. Don't know if the new M3 will have the clutch issue but it really is a deal stopper. On hills, you roll back and sometimes smell burning clutch. I have been driving manuals for over 40 years so, it is not due to my skill. There are there threads on the M3 clutch delay valve. M3 is awesome otherwise.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Had the BMW performance exhaust on my 2013 M3...sounded good.

Inconel is a nickel-base alloy with chromium & iron - not a manufacturer.
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Your 991 is a grown-up's car....

IMO M3's are German rice magnets for the "3 beep" crowd. The owner base confirms.

So, when did you mature and get a big boy car? The moment you sold your 2013 M3

Old 08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Sauce is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Thank you for the very kind words.

I only write code for a living, and English is actually my second language (I'm German), hence some misplaced symbols and characters.
This, I was literally on my way to post that you should do some writing, but you beat me to it. Dude, your f*ckin funny

Old 08-10-2013, 04:48 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Well, that took forever. But it is done - I reached 2000 miles, and Porsche officially allows me now to beat on her, and she had it f@cking coming.

I would like to revisit my comment regarding the 991S feeling slow compared to my previous supercharged M3 - I take it back. **** is getting real after leaving the 6K rpm mark, and in perfect unison - my sphincter tightens as the gates of hell open up.

The delivery of speed compared to my M3 feels very different however, it isn't so much that you get pressed into the seat, but rather that it amplifies the lightness of the car, you feel like you are about to take off. And combine that with my Sharkwerks/FVD exhaust combo that left me without mufflers all together - the acceleration is accompanied by a deafening Formula One scream. And by deafening I mean other cars pulling over to the right to let me pass... on 4 separate occasions. I always reward them by lifting my right foot to salute them with some crazy back-fires, burbles and flames.

Driving this car is an event, it is a toy, and nothing else. It renders the driver into an 8 year old boy that realized that his drawn-on cardboard box is indeed a spaceship.

The sensation of driving this car f@ck-*****-out is a wonderful combination of sheer joy and absolute ***-sweat producing terror; a symphony of fantastic terror.

Coming up: Dealing with Mike's new M5. Yes, there will be racing, and probably some **** leakage.

Fantastic ! Thanks for the update !

Old 08-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
M3 vs 991 C2S

My post may have been unclear. I had a 2007 911 Porsche but traded it for a 2011 M3. M3 had a lot more low end torque but the clutch was terrible. Sold it for another Porsche (2014C2S). Porsche to M3 then Porsche again.

Just wish Porsche put manuals into their turbos but that is another story. PDK is not my cup of tea.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Yonkers will become famous soon enough
Very much enjoyed reading through the entire thread and great to see the C2S finally coming alive.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Really? I never picked up on that! How long have you been speaking English? Long enough that you think in English? You've definitely got a way with words...
Thank you again. Most Germans speak English at least at a basic level, mine got a lot better after I moved to New York for work. I met my wife in NYC, and ended up staying.

Originally Posted by Sauce
This, I was literally on my way to post that you should do some writing, but you beat me to it. Dude, your f*ckin funny
Thanks, man! I'm happy with just writing down my thoughts about my cars.

Originally Posted by LPB987S
Fantastic ! Thanks for the update !
Thank you!

Old 08-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by Yonkers
Very much enjoyed reading through the entire thread and great to see the C2S finally coming alive.
Thank you! Yeah, I adore the 911.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
KEYON will become famous soon enoughKEYON will become famous soon enough
Any update bud?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by KEYON
Any update bud?
I added the Fabspeed headers a couple of months ago (thanks Serge! ). so I need to record some clips with those, and finally including some WOT runs. I've been traveling for work like crazy so she has been parked in the garage most of the time.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
M3's and 911s for the win. That is the transition I am making. With a m5 mixed in there somewhere too hah.