Final Order Details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Final Order Details

Well...I'm about to join the club! This has been a life long asent to own the dream that is a 911. I'm trading my beloved E92 M3 for a new C2S, so I've been quite torn on the decision. I wanted to keep my M3, but it just wasn't practical to have two useless cars. I'm keeping the S4 for the remainder of the lease and will probably get an F80 M3 to daily drive later.

I thought my details might help some others that are considering purchase.

As we all do, I've spent dozens and dozens and dozens of hours agonizing over the particulars of the car I wanted. There are still a few choices I'm hoping I won't regret. For example: Aerocup Kit, Burmester, and Sport Exhaust. I'm still a bit unsure about looking a bit too boy racer having the Aerocup Kit. I don't care about the "wanna be GT3" comments I'll get, as I want and admire a GT3 but don't want the harshness of it. I think I'd be dissappointed if I don't get it. I know the Burmester is a complete waste of money. I figure I'm already in this deep, so why not? The Sport Exhaust will probably go to waste as I've never owned a car with stock exhaust, but the button may come in handy with aftermarket later.

Here is the final build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PETWULD6

These are the number I ended up getting:

Vehicle Price:
$124,530.00
Market Savings:
-
$7,471.00
Vehicle Selling Price:
$117,059.00

Trade-in Value:
-
$48,000.00
Difference:
$69,059.00
Lien Payoff (estimate):
+
$28,900.00
Sales Tax (estimate):
+
$4,241.85
Tag/Registration Fees (estimate):
+
$348.75
Tire/Battery/MVWEA:
+
$6.50
Dealer Service Fee:
+
$699.95
Balance Due (estimate):
$103,256.05

I got 6% off MSRP. They offered 4.7%, so I simply asked politely for 6% as that is what I've seen most get on the forums. They obliged with no haggling. I appreciated that. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the $25,000 in options I chose. I also got a pretty fair deal on my M3. I haven't paid it off due to the 3% APR I had on the note. I paid $64,500 brand out the door in early 2011. I take very good care of my cars and would have thought I would have done better private party. My M3 is a stripper with no NAV or other frills except Competition Package and Leather. The beauty of this deal is that I'm getting very close to what a $75,000 heavily optioned M3 would get on a trade with similar miles. This saved me $3,360 is sales tax and the headache of private sale.

I'll probably put another $5,000 down above trade to stay below $100K on the new note. I'm able to get 1.99% APR through BAC. I'll probably do 72 months just because I can. I'll end up paying the car off in a few years just for the piece of mind, but I like having the option of keeping my cash invested.

I'm super excited and can't wait to shine it with a diaper (figuratively speaking, microfiber will be used ) in my garage and stare it for hours. Oh, and maybe I'll drive it occasionally. Now the wait begins...

Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
The Burmester and PSE are in no way a waste of money. The PSE is a must have and the Burmester is is good for audiophiles who can afford it.

I think the aero cup kit is a very personal choice like picking a color. I would sit in all the seats to confirm your choice.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 AM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
You car looks incredible, and I think you'll be extremely pleased with it coming out of a M3, as I did. Agree with JamesKen that the PSE is a must. The Aero Cup Kit is a function of personal taste, but with the 911, you really can't go wrong.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Congrats!! Car looks great. Now the wait! Do you have an allocation yet ?
Mine is showing completion in Germany on Nov 15th so far!!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:11 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, without a doubt you'll enjoy for sure....

PSE, I think is the one true option I don't think I could have forgone.. I think it's just a given for the vast majority of us.. Haven't taken a poll, but I bet there is a huge percentage of us who simply listening to a Porsche engine is causes some kind of body chemistry change lol.. Probably why we end up with Porsches and the PSE seems to go along with that

I think I agree with you as it's fun to look at GT3's, but in the end I think I'd be embarrassed to drive it as a DD.. (I remember in the late 70's when in High school my dad borrowing my 69 Camero SS (that I had set up for street drag racing with a ridiculous lopey cam.. and 50/15 tires) when his car was in the shop. I remember how ridiculous he looked driving that car... I can only imagine how'd I'd look pulling up to work in a GT3.. A nice CS2 is so much more subtle (IMHO)... And there is just too much Alcatara in it for my tastes..

Originally Posted by Money2536
Well...I'm about to join the club! This has been a life long asent to own the dream that is a 911. I'm trading my beloved E92 M3 for a new C2S, so I've been quite torn on the decision. I wanted to keep my M3, but it just wasn't practical to have two useless cars. I'm keeping the S4 for the remainder of the lease and will probably get an F80 M3 to daily drive later.

I thought my details might help some others that are considering purchase.

As we all do, I've spent dozens and dozens and dozens of hours agonizing over the particulars of the car I wanted. There are still a few choices I'm hoping I won't regret. For example: Aerocup Kit, Burmester, and Sport Exhaust. I'm still a bit unsure about looking a bit too boy racer having the Aerocup Kit. I don't care about the "wanna be GT3" comments I'll get, as I want and admire a GT3 but don't want the harshness of it. I think I'd be dissappointed if I don't get it. I know the Burmester is a complete waste of money. I figure I'm already in this deep, so why not? The Sport Exhaust will probably go to waste as I've never owned a car with stock exhaust, but the button may come in handy with aftermarket later.

Here is the final build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PETWULD6

These are the number I ended up getting:

Vehicle Price:
$124,530.00
Market Savings:
-
$7,471.00
Vehicle Selling Price:
$117,059.00

Trade-in Value:
-
$48,000.00
Difference:
$69,059.00
Lien Payoff (estimate):
+
$28,900.00
Sales Tax (estimate):
+
$4,241.85
Tag/Registration Fees (estimate):
+
$348.75
Tire/Battery/MVWEA:
+
$6.50
Dealer Service Fee:
+
$699.95
Balance Due (estimate):
$103,256.05

I got 6% off MSRP. They offered 4.7%, so I simply asked politely for 6% as that is what I've seen most get on the forums. They obliged with no haggling. I appreciated that. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the $25,000 in options I chose. I also got a pretty fair deal on my M3. I haven't paid it off due to the 3% APR I had on the note. I paid $64,500 brand out the door in early 2011. I take very good care of my cars and would have thought I would have done better private party. My M3 is a stripper with no NAV or other frills except Competition Package and Leather. The beauty of this deal is that I'm getting very close to what a $75,000 heavily optioned M3 would get on a trade with similar miles. This saved me $3,360 is sales tax and the headache of private sale.

I'll probably put another $5,000 down above trade to stay below $100K on the new note. I'm able to get 1.99% APR through BAC. I'll probably do 72 months just because I can. I'll end up paying the car off in a few years just for the piece of mind, but I like having the option of keeping my cash invested.

I'm super excited and can't wait to shine it with a diaper (figuratively speaking, microfiber will be used ) in my garage and stare it for hours. Oh, and maybe I'll drive it occasionally. Now the wait begins...

Old 09-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretrading my M3 so I'm spending this week putting the stock parts back on the car. I plan to take it to the dealer and trade M3 next Monday and place the order. I'm guessing a Decemberish build for January or February delivery. The wait is part of the fun. I'm in no rush. (So I say now...)

Originally Posted by LPB987S
Congrats!! Car looks great. Now the wait! Do you have an allocation yet ?
Mine is showing completion in Germany on Nov 15th so far!!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by JamesKen
The Burmester and PSE are in no way a waste of money. The PSE is a must have and the Burmester is is good for audiophiles who can afford it.

I think the aero cup kit is a very personal choice like picking a color. I would sit in all the seats to confirm your choice.

I agree the PSE is very nice, but so are some of the aftermarket choices. I keep telling myself I'm not going to mess with the car and modify it, but I've said about every other car I've bought over the years. I will only regret the PSE should I go and buy another exhaust.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Money2536
I agree the PSE is very nice, but so are some of the aftermarket choices. I keep telling myself I'm not going to mess with the car and modify it, but I've said about every other car I've bought over the years. I will only regret the PSE should I go and buy another exhaust.
I have modded every exhaust Ive ever got on cars:

996TT
997.1TT
997.2TT
6 M's (2M3's, 2 M5's, 2 M6's)
7 AMG's (2 E55's, 1 CL65, 2 E63's, 1 CLS63, 1 C63 Black Series)
R8 V10
Audi S4
GTR

and a few others... the PSE is the one I keep--- all you have to do is pull the side mufflers (30 min job) and install the Sharkwerks bypass pipes. The Bypass pipes definitely add sound even in the crusing rpm range... its a louder than stock car for sure. But the PSE alone is just amazing with its burbles, pops, and high rpm LeMans style screams. The bypass pipes just amplify it especially at lower rpm levels and creates even louder burbles as the rpms wind down.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vic55
and a few others... the PSE is the one I keep--- all you have to do is pull the side mufflers (30 min job) and install the Sharkwerks bypass pipes. The Bypass pipes definitely add sound even in the crusing rpm range... its a louder than stock car for sure. But the PSE alone is just amazing with its burbles, pops, and high rpm LeMans style screams. The bypass pipes just amplify it especially at lower rpm levels and creates even louder burbles as the rpms wind down.
I heard the exhaust on the car with PDK I test drove and thought, "this is a stock exhaust I could keep." Thanks for the input. This make me feel good about my choice.