Bose: are you kidding me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 05:10 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Bose: are you kidding me?

Guys, After 03 base sound systems finally got the Bose on my new 4S, What a POS for such an expensive car!!
My Base stereos were weak but they delivered a crispier sound without paying an extra for them, This Bose sounds nothing like the one I have in my Cayenne, it really sucks!
Sorry guys, I dont want to be a troll, just felt the need to write this. I am not happy.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:43 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry this is a surprise for you. I think most of us feel the same but knew what we were getting. Turn on the surround setting and tweak the bass and treble a bit but the best fix is to push down hard with your right foot.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Hey Galion - first of all congrats on your C4S...luv the color (assuming it's the avatar). There have been many threads on this - I'm surprised that it's a discovery for you. In fact, many believe the Bose is a weak in 991 hence you either choose base or Burmester. I'm sure JamesKen tip may work out though. Keep us posted.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:52 PM
nj991s will become famous soon enough
Wish I would have joined the forum prior to completing my build on this one, for certain. I've not heard any sound system in the 991-or driven one for that matter-but had I known what I just read, I would have saved the money on the BOSE. Surprising, as they usually make a quality product, for the price.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:05 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Ya the Cayenne/Panamera Bose is pretty stellar - drove a 991 the other day and was amazed when I saw it was also Bose, sounded off.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:46 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Mine sounds good to me at least, I'm usually at Bass +1 and Treble +4 or so with the surround sound turned on.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:09 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
I agree with many of the comments above-a major enhancement is simply by turning the surround sound on.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:55 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Sorry for the rant, I have to admit that I read some negatives comments in this forum, Had I ordered the car (rather than purchase existing dealer inventory) I would not have gotten it, the base stereo is good enough at moderate volumes, Personally, I'm not interested in audiophile-quality sound when I'm driving my 911, but I didnt expect the upgraded Bose to be that bad, misses lots of high and low range frequencies.

But thanks, I will try the suggested settings, I guess I was busy enough playing with the PSE button, Wow, that really sounds fantastic. I have to learn to turn that thing off, It annoys everyone in my quiet neighborhood but me, my wife just gave me an ultimatum, haha.

Originally Posted by Fester
Hey Galion - first of all congrats on your C4S...luv the color (assuming it's the avatar). There have been many threads on this - I'm surprised that it's a discovery for you. In fact, many believe the Bose is a weak in 991 hence you either choose base or Burmester. I'm sure JamesKen tip may work out though. Keep us posted.

Thanks Fester, yes thats my 4S, I love Sapphire Blue too, I would never had ordered a loud blue color on a Porsche, but I felt in love with this one at first sight, just waiting for my Satin platinum wheels to post some quality pics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	378678  

Last edited by galion; 05-25-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Awesome! Nice pic - sport design trim ??

I've seen satin platinum wheels on this color before and they rock! Can't wait to see more pics!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Very nice color, congrats. Satin Platinum wheels will be great, but silver on blue is not bad either IMHO. Turn on the surround option, then turn the stereo off and enjoy the exhaust. Enjoy the car in good health.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Aerokit, I would never had ordered that too! but I love it now.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:12 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
Aerokit, I would never had ordered that too! but I love it now.
Been there too. Had a grey/silver/black 911 in mind with standard body and drive home in a Guards Red 991 with Aerokit

Old 05-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Been there too. Had a grey/silver/black 911 in mind with standard body and drive home in a Guards Red 991 with Aerokit

Thanks SM!, I have to admit that your car inspired me, I always follow your threads and just love the agressive look of your red 991

Old 05-26-2014, 01:13 AM
does195 is on a distinguished road
There's an easy fix to the Bose. AWE exhaust!

Old 05-26-2014, 11:22 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by galion
Guys, After 03 base sound systems finally got the Bose on my new 4S, What a POS for such an expensive car!! My Base stereos were weak but they delivered a crispier sound without paying an extra for them, This Bose sounds nothing like the one I have in my Cayenne, it really sucks! Sorry guys, I dont want to be a troll, just felt the need to write this. I am not happy.
This gets discussed a lot..

The Bose isn't audiophile but not as bad as you think.. It just comes badly configured at the defaults.. First thing you need to do is set to surround for each source. This alone is like night and day.. Then boost the base and treble... It isn't so bad once you do this... But remember to do it for each source..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bose: are you kidding me?