Door edge guards.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Question Door edge guards.....

Anyone has experience with some good quality door edge guards ..the kind that takes occasional unintended beating and also doesn't stand out??

Old 12-12-2014, 05:00 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Fester
Anyone has experience with some good quality door edge guards ..the kind that takes occasional unintended beating and also doesn't stand out??
Hi! Believe it or not I found that the vinyl door edge guards that SuncoastParts sells on their web site for $12.95 work just great! I installed nearly a year ago, and in two cases they have saved me from chips on the edge of the driver's side door (sometimes my wife just can't park close enough in our garage! )!

Here's a link: Door Edge Guards

Very easy to install -- and nearly invisible to see on my 4S! Just take care and be patient, make sure the material is warm, work from top of the door edge where you want to start and move down. The vinyl "wrap" conforms nicely to the curve of the door. I found the length to be a bit shorter than I wanted, but since there are 4 per kit, you can certainly use 2 per door! Oh, and make sure to keep a majority of the material on the outside of the door edge, and only wrap a small portion around to the inner-side -- this will give you the maximum protection for your door!

Hope this helps!

Old 12-12-2014, 09:04 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I second the vinyl, or clear bra edge guards. I add those to all the cars on which I have clear bras installed and they work well without being obvious.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:31 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Here's an iPhone pic of my drivers-side door. You can just make out the vinyl edge guard strip.... the guard being a straight cut and the door having a significant curve, you probably won't get a perfect conforming curve line. At least I didn't! But the vinyl is all but invisible and offers peace-of-mind!

And here is a bit closer look. You can almost see a small mark (lower-right of the door handle) where my door touched the wife's SUV and mussed-up the vinyl, but didn't make it through to the paint beneath!

Old 12-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Nice job on the edge guards - looks neat and I do see the mark! Looks like it did what it supposed to. Very helpful, thanks jawells1!

Old 12-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
+1 On the Suncoast door edge guards. Easy to install and does the job