Cabriolet Cleaning Applicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 09:05 AM
kiddoutlaw is on a distinguished road
Cabriolet Cleaning Applicator

I've seen may posts on products to clean your Cabriolet like Porsche Cleaners to RAGGTOP to 303 to Meguiars.

Though the question is what type of applicator (Brand) do you use or recommend?

Brush (Nylon or Horsehair)
Sponge
Microfiber (Sponge or Mitt)

Thanks

Old 06-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I use Raggtopp with a horsehair brush.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 PM
kiddoutlaw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dennis C
I use Raggtopp with a horsehair brush.
Thanks!!!!

Old 06-12-2019, 04:01 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Me too. Raggtopp and horse hair brush.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
A brush will not provide the same coverage as spraying; however, if you cannot spray you can use a high quality roller and brush for the edges.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:39 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Brush is for the cleaning not the application.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Brush is for the cleaning not the application.
I beg to differ, but as I said, spraying is recommended.

Old 07-06-2019, 12:02 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Props for PROTEX

I just used the PROTEX line of products on my friend & client's 2002 M3 Cabriolet canvas top earlier this week. I did quite a bit of research before committing to go this direction.

For me, and it's just my opinion, I didn't want to deal with some of the aspects of many of the waterproofing treatments available regarding fumes/volatility/health risks (ie lungs), & I didn't want aerosols or sprays whatsoever for control of the product applied to keep it off the paint; and also am picky about just how long the product lasts. So anyway after much research & reading I decided to present my client with Protex as the way to go and he agreed.

Now, we haven't had the car out in the weather yet, but I can tell you that all three stages were easy to work with, and just use some common sense; this was a first time project for me with a Cabrio re freshening. It turned out wonderful. I used a German "colourlock" brush on the canvas for the cleaning stage, a microfiber 6" roller on the large surfaces for the dye and waterproofing stages; and followed-up on corners, seams, etc with a quality paintbrush.

There were a few little areas on the fabric that still look "worn or burnished" (a few small pea-sized spots from vibration/chafing) and there were a few small uneven spots (2nd stage, the re-dye) that I can tell but depending on how the light hits it you either see it or you don't (and there are intrinsic shadows anyways with how the canvas slightly ripples or puckers at certain stress/stretch points) I'd buy this product set again without hesitation, based on the way its applied. There are many "6-month" products out there that don't last close to their claims.

My client's car is a weekend "fun car" that is garaged out of the sun and weather, which will help maximize the lifespan of the product.

I did get the product via Amazon Prime.