993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

Build is almost done. Maybe two weeks left

Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 AM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Build is almost done. Maybe two weeks left

Maybe two weeks and she will be home!

Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 AM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
billet K16/16 Billet

The design on these are supposedly a similar design to the 993/996 GT1. Different from the "run of the mill" Billet K16's around. I hope you guys approve. This forum has been a bit quiet lately. Not many peopl interested in our oldies but goodies it seems.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
looks awesome, cant wait to see some pics......congrats

Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks. I will definitely get pics. I am going to be taking a week off from running these machines to be involved in the build. I need the time off anyway. What better reason than the assembly of my motor?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Cool! Are you using GT2 EVO cams, as well?

Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
nice build !

Old 02-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah evo cams as well. This was the final pieces. Pistons, cams, and jugs weren't on this invoice.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
Yeah evo cams as well. This was the final pieces. Pistons, cams, and jugs weren't on this invoice.
Mahle P/C's?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
Mahle P/C's?
Todds recipe. I'm sure they are.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by rare911s
3.6 or 3.8?
I chose to stay 3.6, Todd seems to think we are still going to get a monster out of it. He specifically said... "I shot for 600 whp. That's what we will get"

Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 AM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Very nice, that car will be alot of fun.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I hope its fun. I cannot stress how bipolar the wait process has been. Which was not fun. I am packing up a bag of my tools and heading to motorwerks on Monday to see how much of a helping hand I can be personally. I built this car in memory of my father, who recently passed away from leukemia. 993 was his favorite car. He had several 993 cars including a red 97 TTS. I found the exact car he owned in Colorado. They wouldn't sell. So I did what I always tried to talk him into... Build a monster, but he was a purist. I remember calling Todd K. When I was 11-12 years old. Asking about prices and what could be done. Printing it out and tryin to convince my dad to have it done. He never would. So for the purist factor I have a bonestock red 996 with super low mileage. Then this car which is strictly a dream come true for my family.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Nice post Chris. Looking foward to reading more.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Alcav5
Nice post Chris. Looking foward to reading more.
Thanks buddy. I appreciate that. I also look forward to posting pictures of whatever, and whenever, as it goes the next week or so.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
wow chris ... nice build. don't get in akrams way, let him do his thing. between him and todd you're going to love how your car turns out ...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Build is almost done. Maybe two weeks left