996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lap Times Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 03:23 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Pirelli slicks have MASSIVE grip. Even the hard compound.
Is there a tire restriction in TT1?

Old 05-28-2014, 03:28 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Not a restriction, but a .7 penalty. You are still well within limits so slicks are ok. The catch is that since TT is lap time based many people don't run full sessions and cool down early meaning traffic. If you can get 3-4 clean laps then go for it. But that won't happen all of the time. Hence the reason most run A6. No penalty and hot almost immediately.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Not a restriction, but a .7 penalty. You are still well within limits so slicks are ok. The catch is that since TT is lap time based many people don't run full sessions and cool down early meaning traffic. If you can get 3-4 clean laps then go for it. But that won't happen all of the time. Hence the reason most run A6. No penalty and hot almost immediately.
Makes sense. The only tires in my size right now are the Kumho V710s that I tried last week. They are up to temp within a lap or two. Seemed great all around and should get about 15-20 sessions out of them hopefully. NT01s are the other size that work in 18s but the rears have been out of stock since February and are not nearly as grippy. Hoosier sizes are not optimal as they are almost 1" shorter than what I normally run. That leaves the Pirelli slick takeoffs as the 3rd option but I haven't tried those

Old 01-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Highlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond reputeHighlander has a reputation beyond repute
@pwdrhound

I completely destroyed a set of v710's on my Boxster S in one weekend at La Junta. (Ask Chris Lennon about that weekend next time you see him )

I can't see them lasting better on your TT.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Highlander
@pwdrhound

I completely destroyed a set of v710's on my Boxster S in one weekend at La Junta. (Ask Chris Lennon about that weekend next time you see him )

I can't see them lasting better on your TT.
Yeah, I was a bit optimistic. The V710s are fast but after running a few sets I average 8-10 sessions before they're done.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:50 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
8-10 sessions is basically one weekend. Is that all they are good for? I remember mine almost always being done prematurely but can't remember why? Are you cording them or just no grip left?

The good thing about hoosiers is that even though grip may fall off, they are some pretty tough tires. I've gotten 23 HC (mixed TT and DE) out of some before the rears corded. Fronts were good for 10 more. However Road Atlanta, is super easy on tires and every lap was done there. But ran white knuckle 1:27 the last TT session before the rears corded, so still fast. Probably would last 15-17 at VIR and fall off about 2 seconds instead of 1 at peak, and 3 seconds after more than 2-3 laps in a TT. The R6 would be slightly slower, but maintain performance better over the life of the tire.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:19 PM
8-10 sessions is basically one weekend. Is that all they are good for? I remember mine almost always being done prematurely but can't remember why? Are you cording them or just no grip left?

The good thing about hoosiers is that even though grip may fall off, they are some pretty tough tires. I've gotten 23 HC (mixed TT and DE) out of some before the rears corded. Fronts were good for 10 more. However Road Atlanta, is super easy on tires and every lap was done there. But ran white knuckle 1:27 the last TT session before the rears corded, so still fast. Probably would last 15-17 at VIR and fall off about 2 seconds instead of 1 at peak, and 3 seconds after more than 2-3 laps in a TT. The R6 would be slightly slower, but maintain performance better over the life of the tire.
Not quite corded but grip goes away....

Old 01-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Updated.

Originally Posted by teflon_jones
I've got a few to add, all at the same track by myself in the same car, but a couple have different tires:
High Plains Raceway (full/long track)
teflon_jones
996TT
2:15.57 (Hankook Ventus V12)
2:16.31 (Hankook Ventus V12)
2:01:55 (R888)
2:02.38 (R888)

Thanks!

Please use the format in the first post to make it easier for me to add the times. Thanks.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:07 AM
vodkag is on a distinguished road
2010 Boxster S Stock PDK Sport Chrono

Big Willow 1.42.7. (first time at Big willow with this car, front tires are the OEM tires that came with the car at 5 years old with about 20% left....i think it might shave another half a sec if I had better front tires)

Last edited by vodkag; 05-24-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Use this format and times will be added. Just copy this, fill in the spaces and post.

Verified
[ *]- [ B]TIME [ /I][ /B]SCREEN NAME CAR (TIRE)
Unverified
[ *]- [ COLOR=blue][ B]TIME [ /B]SCREEN NAME CAR (TIRE)[ /COLOR]

Old 05-29-2015, 09:25 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
use this format and times will be added. Just copy this, fill in the spaces and post.

Verified
[ *]- [ b]time [ /i][ /b]screen name car (tire)
unverified
[ *]- [ color=blue][ b]time [ /b]screen name car (tire)[ /color]
whattttuppppppppp :d

Old 05-29-2015, 11:24 PM
vodkag is on a distinguished road
Verified
Big Willow- 1.42.716 VODKAG 2010 Boxster S (Goodyear F1 Front PZero Silver- Rear)

Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
whattttuppppppppp :d
Martin, whatup man!

Old 07-07-2015, 11:03 AM
jigning is on a distinguished road
I figured since we have a 1/4 mile 60-130 threads, why not have some lap times thread, so we can see how the TT stacks up around the globe vs mag tests, other cars, etc.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Miller Motorsports Park
FULL COURSE
Verified by MoTeC C125
3:08.63, Pwdrhound, RUF Rturbo, Nitto NT01

Last edited by pwdrhound; 09-30-2015 at 07:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lap Times Thread